• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Lets Get Real

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

LETS GET REAL
By Comingjoy 5-7-08

Some in society believe that Christians live a perfect stress and worry free life. Some new Christian’s, babes in Christ believe that once you get saved their lives will become perfect and worry free. Some of those who are Christians live their life in such a way that it looks perfect believing that is how we are to appear to others.
As Christians we need to stop pretending our lives are trouble and worry free. Let’s get real. A Christian is far from perfect and their lives far from being trouble and worry free. We still deal with struggles just like everyone else believers and non-believers alike.
If more Christians would stop acting like everything is okay and start sharing the problems they are dealing with than maybe the unsaved would see we are no different then they are. Except for the fact that we have Christ who walks along, beside and in front of us. Christ even carries us when we are too weak to walk on our own. Then maybe there would also be less stillborn births among new believers. They are the ones who believe that their life will become trouble free now that they have accepted Christ as their Saviour. Only afterwards they become disillusioned by what a Christian life is really like. They then walk away from their walk with Christ and become angry and bitter both at Christ and those who mislead them into believing God is just a God of love. Our heavenly Father is a just and righteous Father who loves us enough to discipline us when we go astray. For the Christian that feels they can not let anyone know they struggle with worldly thoughts and things of the flesh a giant weight would be lifted off their shoulders. God states we are to carry each others burden in Galatians 6:2 Carry each other's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ. Lets walk along side each other holding each other up and encouraging each other as we struggle showing demonstrating that we are not alone. Lets Get Real life is hard rather one has a personal relationship with Christ or not. It would have been easy to just stop writing here but I would like to be one of many who is willing to open up and share some of the struggles we have gone through as a Christian and still dealing with to this very day.
As a Christian I have struggled with severe depression and have had thoughts of suicide. I have lied. I have hated and in Gods eyes hating is the same thing as murder. I have hated even the ones I have loved. I have doubted and shown lack of faith. I have tried to manipulate those around me for my benefit. I have been selfish. I have had dealt with personal health issues. I went through a time in my life that I would not allow my own parents be a part of my life or even talk to them. I had a son who ran away from home and lived on the streets for a time. Some of my children have done drugs. Some of my children have drank so much that they have been given tickets for drunk driving as well as drank so much they have passed out in their own vomit. I have a child who is severely disabled and a spouse who walked out on our marriage.
I try not to lie or manipulate my surrounds for my benefits anymore. I still get mad though I try not to hate. I can still be selfish and prideful. My personal life is a mess. I do not claim to be perfect or live a perfect, nor do I claim that my children are innocent, no one is. I still get frustrated and the words of others hurt my feelings. My heart can still be broken. I bleed when I am cut and bruise when I bump into something. I get disappointed in life and those around me as well as with myself. I can become discouraged and I continue to make mistakes and will. I have desires and dreams and will tell the day God calls me home.
What is helping me deal with all my imperfections and the every day cares of this world is knowing someone loved me enough to die on the cross in my place. He is with out sin and my life I full of sin. Lets get real I should have been on the cross not Jesus. So I strive to live a life that is pleasing to HIM. It is the least I can do. My life is far from perfect. 2 Corinthains12:9-10 states this But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 10That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong. If I was given nothing else His grace is to be sufficient for me. I know that I am only strong in Christ when I first see that I am weak with out HIM. It is because of Christ selfless love for me that I can be assured that when I die I will be able to live with HIM for eternity. I pray that the life I live reflects Christ, His strength, and His love in all I do helping others to be drawn to the only one who has the strength and power to get us through what ever comes our way.

Not to mention.. No where in the Bible does it say that we will have a perfect life. In fact when one studies the Bible, they will see that every man starting back in the OT that were used by God when through trials and tribulations. In fact once when you become a Christian it only gets harder, before you were a Christian you were an enemy of God and a friend of the Devils. Now that you are on the side of God, Satan will now throw at you more trials and tribulations. We are considered babes in the Lord who need milk, after maturity in the Lord comes the meat. As each of us study the Word, we are taught to equip ourselves in the armour of the Lord.

Great Post comingjoy

WOW...great topic!!!!

I sure you are right joy
the road to hell is easy but the road the heaven is very hard
so for those who think that we are saved and our life is troubles, free we are not,being with god mean that you have an enemy (Satan) and this enemy will try to destroy your life ,but our merciful god told us just to believe in him and he will do the rest.
but for those who don't believe in god they have troubles but believe me not as much as Christians have,because they don't form any danger at Satan so will not fight them just in case if they try to get near to god.

you are so right joy
god bless you for sharing this topic with us

1 John 1 (6-10)

(If we say that we have fellowship with Him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth; but if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.http://bible.cc/1_john/1-10.htm If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.)

god bless you
you brother in Christ hany