• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Let us Revisit The Plagues of Egypt: Water turning to blood, frogs, lice, flies, livestock pestilence, boils, hail, locusts, darknes

Loyal
Are they written to remind us of The Character of GOD, signs to be considered,, on The backs of "Biblical Motifs" or examples for us that we may see the Hand of GOD even in the throws of "Calamities" that many refuse to see The Hold Story of "The Passover" "Bitter Herbs" and events that took place. :pensive:

Active
Exo 3:19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.
Exo 3:20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.
Exo 3:21 And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty:

Exo 4:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.
Exo 6:1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
Exo 7:3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
Exo 7:4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
Exo 7:5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.
Exo 11:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Yet will I bring one plague more upon Pharaoh, and upon Egypt; afterwards he will let you go hence: when he shall let you go, he shall surely thrust you out hence altogether.
Exo 14:4 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD. And they did so.

Written to tell of the power of the Lord God
Written because it is history
Written telling us of obedience in the face of calamity
Written to see God going to battle for His people

Written so we should be better able to understand the Passover/Communion

Loyal
Exo 3:19 And I am sure that the king of Egypt will not let you go, no, not by a mighty hand.
Exo 3:20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will do in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you go.
Exo 3:21 And I will give this people favour in the sight of the Egyptians: and it shall come to pass, that, when ye go, ye shall not go empty:

Exo 4:21 And the LORD said unto Moses, When thou goest to return into Egypt, see that thou do all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I have put in thine hand: but I will harden his heart, that he shall not let the people go.
Exo 6:1 Then the LORD said unto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will do to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall he let them go, and with a strong hand shall he drive them out of his land.
Exo 7:3 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and multiply my signs and my wonders in the land of Egypt.
Exo 7:4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken unto you, that I may lay my hand upon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great judgments.
Exo 7:5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.
Exo 11:1 And the LORD said unto Moses, Yet will I bring one plague more upon Pharaoh, and upon Egypt; afterwards he will let you go hence: when he shall let you go, he shall surely thrust you out hence altogether.
Exo 14:4 And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, that he shall follow after them; and I will be honoured upon Pharaoh, and upon all his host; that the Egyptians may know that I am the LORD. And they did so.

Written to tell of the power of the Lord God
Written because it is history
Written telling us of obedience in the face of calamity
Written to see God going to battle for His people

Written so we should be better able to understand the Passover/Communion
I like it!:) I like it.

And do :"hope" that one day we will leave "This world" a "biblical Motif" flowing from; "Exo 7:5 And the Egyptians shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them."

[ and the world shall know that I am the LORD, when I stretch forth mine hand upon this world, and bring [Rapture] the True Children of GOD Out from among them] "an EXODUS out, from among them"] :pensive: "Types and Shadows"

Active
In these modern times, he has placed evil people in power to run countries. The deaf, blind and hard of heart cannot see the impending disaster unfolding before their very eyes, despite the fact that the truth is easily found (at the moment). Most of what is happening now is manmade, not supernatural. Satan has had his restraints loosened, and oh boy is he taking advantage of the situation. Things are going to get much much worse for here onwards. Only when people are bankrupt, opressed, freedoms taken from them, will they finally listen, and then only a few. They would rather hide in caves rather than seek the truth even after all of the above. Very few people are going to see paradise.

God hardened the Pharaohs heart against obedience to his command, through his messenger Moshe, to let his people go. And this before Moshe arrived to command Pharaoh thus.

Ten plagues, ten commandments.

God's plagues were designed to challenge the domain that each of the Egyptians gods reigned over.

Were those gods powerful they should have stopped the plagues from happening. But they did not.

This despite the prayers and supplications of the beset Egyptian citizens and subjects of Pharaoh.