• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Let us read The Book of The Acts of The Apostles together not to study it but to read it only & look what happen throughout it Pre 1984 KJV as 1

How many, would like to just read it as a book should be read at this time.

• Yes I would like to do that, for a 1st. time in such a fashion

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I would not like to read it in that fashion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loyal
June 5, 2023
Acts 23: 23-35
God's people is Going to Kill Him, Apostle Paul, They have made a Oath! You are going to die to Night, We Are Not Going To Eat Until You Are Dead!:sob:

GOD HAD THE ROMANS CALL OUT THE ARMY TO Protect PAUL from "THE CHURCH" [Jews] of that time, The Roman Soldiers had to protect him from his own people!:sob: Just read don't study just read Now, don't forget God told Paul I am going to be with you:worried::sob:

Paul Transferred to Caesarea
Remember in verse

11But the following night the Lord stood by him and said, “Be of good cheer, Paul; for as you have testified for Me in Jerusalem, so you must also bear witness at Rome.”

23Then he called two of his centurions and ordered them, “Get ready a detachment of Two Hundred Soldiers, Seventy Horsemen and Two Hundred Spearmen to go to Caesarea at nine tonight. 24Provide horses for Paul so that he may be taken safely to Governor Felix.” "do not worry Paul I am going to be with you" almost 500 soldiers to protect one man!!!!!!

25He wrote a letter as follows:

26Claudius Lysias,

To His Excellency, Governor Felix:

Greetings.

27This man was seized by the Jews and they were about to kill him, but I came with my troops and rescued him, for I had learned that he is a Roman citizen. 28I wanted to know why they were accusing him, so I brought him to their Sanhedrin. 29I found that the accusation had to do with questions about their law, but there was no charge against him that deserved death or imprisonment. 30When I was informed of a plot to be carried out against the man, I sent him to you at once. I also ordered his accusers to present to you their case against him.

31So the soldiers, carrying out their orders, took Paul with them during the night and brought him as far as Antipatris. 32The next day they let the cavalry go on with him, while they returned to the barracks. 33When The Cavalry :eyes:Arrived In Caesarea, they delivered the letter to the governor and handed Paul over to him. 34The governor read the letter and asked what province he was from. Learning that he was from Cilicia, 35he said, “I will hear your case when your accusers get here.” Then he ordered that Paul be kept under guard in Herod’s palace.

Protecting Him from WHO! Under Guard!!!! he sure was not trying to escape!:sob:
:eyes:

Loyal
June 6, 2023
Acts 24: 1-27
Chapter 24, was so good , I was laughing so hard at The Lawyer that the Priest and the elders Brough down From Jerusalem to Caesarea to present their case against "Paul" and how he was making his case and at the same time I was thinking about Paul, because he is a Lawyer too. A slick one at that. I could see him sitting there, quiet listening to "Tertuilus" stroking "Felix" eagle as he present his case against Paul.:laughing: Then It was Paul time in his own defense:sob: and He played them Like a "Fiddle" smooth and like he didn't; know what was going on.:worried::laughing: He said: well, I come down to Jerusalem to worship, and I brought some stuff down for the poor folks, I was ceremony clean:sob: [remember he cut all his hair off of his head[ he said I was in the temple being peaceful, and worshipping God, I believe in the Law,:sob: they come in there messing with me, I didn't start no trouble, they got mad at me, because I believe in the Resurrection of the dead:eyes: Now Paul knows, That Felix is married to a "Jewess":eyes: and she might have heard about the sect they called "The Nazarene sect". just read it and I and going to post a little about Felix wife "Drusilla". to make the story kind of juicy. 1st. The text, Acts 24: 1-27 then the clip about "Drusilla"

Acts 24
New International VersionPar ▾
Paul’s Trial Before Felix
1Five days later the high priest Ananias went down to Caesarea with some of the elders and a lawyer named Tertullus, and they brought their charges against Paul before the governor. 2When Paul was called in, Tertullus presented his case before Felix: “We have enjoyed a long period of peace under you, and your foresight has brought about reforms in this nation. 3Everywhere and in every way, most excellent Felix, we acknowledge this with profound gratitude. 4But in order not to weary you further, I would request that you be kind enough to hear us briefly.
5“We have found this man to be a troublemaker, stirring up riots among the Jews all over the world. He is a ringleader of the Nazarene sect 6and even tried to desecrate the temple; so we seized him. [7] a 8By examining him yourself you will be able to learn the truth about all these charges we are bringing against him.”
9The other Jews joined in the accusation, asserting that these things were true.

10When the governor motioned for him to speak, Paul replied: “I know that for a number of years you have been a judge over this nation; so I gladly make my defense. 11You can easily verify that no more than twelve days ago I went up to Jerusalem to worship. 12My accusers did not find me arguing with anyone at the temple, or stirring up a crowd in the synagogues or anywhere else in the city. 13And they cannot prove to you the charges they are now making against me. 14However, I admit that I worship the God of our ancestors as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that is in accordance with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, 15And I Have The Same Hope In God As These Men Themselves Have, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. 16So I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man.
17“After an absence of several years, I came to Jerusalem to bring my people gifts for the poor and to present offerings. 18I was ceremonially clean when they found me in the temple courts doing this. There was no crowd with me, nor was I involved in any disturbance. 19But there are some Jews from the province of Asia, who ought to be here before you and bring charges if they have anything against me. 20Or these who are here should state what crime they found in me when I stood before the Sanhedrin— 21unless it was this one thing I shouted as I stood in their presence: ‘It is concerning the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial before you today.’ ”
22Then Felix, who was well acquainted with the Way, adjourned the proceedings. “When Lysias the commander comes,” he said, “I will decide your case.” 23He ordered the centurion to keep Paul under guard but to give him some freedom and permit his friends to take care of his needs.
24Several days later Felix came with his wife Drusilla, who was Jewish. He sent for Paul and listened to him as he spoke about faith in Christ Jesus. 25As Paul talked about righteousness, self-control and the judgment to come, Felix was afraid and said, “That’s enough for now! :sob:You may leave. When I find it convenient, I will send for you.” 26At the same time he was hoping that Paul would offer him a bribe, so he sent for him frequently and talked with him.
27When two years had passed, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but because Felix wanted to grant a favor to the Jews, he left Paul in prison.

Loyal
June 7, 2023
Acts 25
it has been a great read, and how bless is The breath of The LORD can be and timeless even to very dot and iota,:) The thrilling and The art gifted and expressions, all crafted and how so design of "the Parakletos" when he stands by your side. "Jesus" did declare, you are going to need him, when stand before "kings and Priests", and You Shall be A witness and The Parakletos will point out their sins.
"For the Holy Ghost" will point out, The sins of The World.

New International Version John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate to help you and be with you forever—
Legacy Standard Bible
And I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Advocate, that He may be with you forever;
Douay-Rheims Bible
And I will ask the Father, and he shall give you another Paraclete, that he may abide with you for ever.
International Standard Version
I will ask the Father to give you another Helper, to be with you always.

Note: Jesus, never lies, Men do. You can Trust Him, For He is "The WORD of GOD" and yes He is Alive and He is Not DEAD! But men sure act like he is.:pensive:
As I present this Portion of THE Text to be read at this point, I will post a little highlight about the characters in this scene that is presented in 'Chapter 25 About The Acts Of The Apostles. [ Festus, "King Aqrippa and his wife Bernice who is the King Sister", incest relationship.
So it does make the a very interesting event. so slowly digest, and what the Parakletos at work.

Festus:

Porcius Festus was a Roman procurator, succeeding Antonius Felix somewhere between AD 55 and 60. History describes him as fair and reasonable—much more so than Felix or Festus’ successor, Albinus. In the Bible Porcius Festus is known for sending Paul to Rome to stand trial under Emperor Nero.

The events leading to Paul’s meeting with Porcius Festus are filled with danger. In Acts 21, Paul returns from a missionary journey. He visits James (Jesus’ brother), the leader of the church in Jerusalem, and pays the fee of men who had taken a Nazarite vow (Acts 21:17–26). Less than a week later, Paul is spotted in the temple by devout Jews who condemned his work spreading the gospel. Because of a misunderstanding, they falsely accuse Paul of bringing a Gentile into the temple, and they have Paul arrested. Paul gives his defense to the Jews in Acts 22:1–21, but it’s not received well, and the mob turns ugly. The Roman tribune (commander above a centurion) protects Paul from the mob by hurrying him into the barracks and orders Paul to be flogged. Paul reveals he is a Roman citizen by birth (Acts 22:22–29), which causes the tribune to call off the flogging. The tribune later allows Paul to give his testimony before the Jewish council, including the high priest, the Pharisees, and the Sadducees, who promptly get into a fight about whether Paul is actually guilty of anything. Tempers flare so high that the tribune again extricates Paul back to the army barracks (Acts 23:1–11). The next day, Paul’s nephew warns the tribune that forty men have vowed to murder Paul, so the tribune sends Paul with two hundred soldiers as guards to Felix, the governor in Caesarea (Acts 22:12–22).

The tribune is still curious as to why the Jewish leaders want Paul dead, and he requests Felix uncover the truth. The high priest, some elders, and a hired spokesman arrive in Caesarea five days later to present their case before Felix, but the Jews from Asia are absent, and the governor delays a decision until the tribune can arrive—or until Paul offers a sufficient bribe. The bribe never comes, and Felix leaves Paul in custody for two years (Acts 24).

Festus succeeds Felix as governor, and Paul’s pending case is one of his first concerns. The Jewish leadership meet Festus in Jerusalem and ask that he bring Paul from Caesarea—their purpose was to ambush Paul and kill him on the way. Festus hasn’t even been to his new home yet, and he invites Paul’s accusers to go with him to Caesarea and get things squared away. Festus could see the charges against the apostle were specious but, wanting to have a good relationship with his new people, asks Paul to go to Jerusalem and stand trial. This would benefit Festus in two ways: he would get on the good side of the Jewish leadership, and he could move the venue of the trial so he wouldn’t have to deal with it. Paul politely tells Festus that, as Caesar’s representative, Festus needs to either make a fair decision or let him make his case before Caesar. After conferring with his advisers, Festus agrees to send Paul to Caesar (Acts 25:1—12).

King Agrippa := Herod King Agrippa II
There are several different Herods mentioned in the New Testament. All of them are members of the Herod dynasty, rulers appointed by the powers in Rome to oversee Israel. Herod Agrippa II is the one who heard Paul’s defense of the gospel and famously rejected Paul’s appeal to be saved.

The godfather of the Herod clan was Herod the Great, the king when Jesus was born and one who tried to have Him killed (Matthew 2). Herod Antipas ruled during the ministries of John the Baptist and Jesus. He is the one who had John executed (Mark 6) and sat in judgment at one of Jesus’ trials (Luke 23:7–12). Herod Agrippa I was king of Judea for a few years and the one who had James executed. His death is recorded in Acts 12.

Herod Agrippa II was only seventeen when his father, Herod Agrippa I, died. He was in Rome at the time and was favored by Emperor Claudius. Claudius kept Agrippa II in Rome for a few more years and then made him tetrarch of the Syrian kingdom called Chalcis and gave him the responsibility to supervise the temple in Jerusalem. Herod Agrippa II eventually gave up the territory of Chalcis but was granted the title of king and given more territory, including all that had been ruled by Herod Philip. Nero later added to his territory, including some of Galilee.

Herod Agrippa II lived with Bernice, who was herself in the Herodian line, being a daughter of Herod Agrippa I. She had been married to her uncle, Herod Pollio of Chalcis (not mentioned in Scripture), but after his death moved in with her brother, Agrippa II, in an incestuous relationship. Late in his career, Herod Agrippa II saw that tensions were rising between Rome and the Jews, and he tried unsuccessfully to prevent war. Ultimately, he sided with Rome, and he was expelled by his Jewish subjects. He lived out the rest of his life in Rome. He was the last of Herod’s line to be a king.

Herod Agrippa II makes a brief appearance in the New Testament in Acts 25 and 26. Paul had been arrested in Jerusalem and accused by the Jewish leaders of desecrating the temple. For Paul’s protection, the centurion in charge had sent him under heavy guard to the Roman governor Felix in Caesarea (Acts 23). Felix, who happened to be married to Drusilla (a sister of both Bernice and Agrippa II), heard the charges brought by the Jewish leadership but deferred judgment, for he hoped that Paul would offer him some kind of bribe to be set free (Acts 23:25–26). After two years, Felix was succeeded by Porcius Festus, but Paul remained in prison because Felix did not want to anger the Jews (Acts 23:27).

Governor Festus wanted to clear up old court cases, so he entertained the accusations of the Jews and asked Paul if he would be willing to stand trial in Jerusalem. Paul realized he would have no chance there, so he invoked his right as a Roman citizen to appeal to Caesar: “I am now standing before Caesar’s court, where I ought to be tried. I have not done any wrong to the Jews, as you yourself know very well. If, however, I am guilty of doing anything deserving death, I do not refuse to die. But if the charges brought against me by these Jews are not true, no one has the right to hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar!” (Acts 25:10–11). Festus had no choice but to send him to Caesar, which had the immediate result of preserving Paul from the Jewish leadership.

Festus, however, was perplexed as to what charges should be sent with Paul to Rome, so, when King Herod Agrippa II paid a visit to Caesarea, Festus discussed Paul’s case with him, thinking that Agrippa might have more knowledge of the religious issues involved. Then Agrippa told Festus that he would like to hear from Paul himself, and Festus said, “Tomorrow you will hear him” (Acts 25:22).

On the next day, with much pomp and circumstance, Festus, Agrippa II, and Bernice gather to hear Paul. Festus introduces Paul by saying, “King Agrippa, and all who are present with us, you see this man! The whole Jewish community has petitioned me about him in Jerusalem and here in Caesarea, shouting that he ought not to live any longer. I found he had done nothing deserving of death, but because he made his appeal to the Emperor I decided to send him to Rome. But I have nothing definite to write to His Majesty about him. Therefore I have brought him before all of you, and especially before you, King Agrippa, so that as a result of this investigation I may have something to write. For I think it is unreasonable to send a prisoner on to Rome without specifying the charges against him” (Acts 25:24–27).

Herod Agrippa II then gave Paul leave to speak for himself. “So Paul motioned with his hand and began his defense: ‘King Agrippa, I consider myself fortunate to stand before you today as I make my defense against all the accusations of the Jews, and especially so because you are well acquainted with all the Jewish customs and controversies. Therefore, I beg you to listen to me patiently’” (Acts 26:1–3). Paul then goes on to tell the story of his life as a persecutor of the church and how Jesus appeared to him on the road to Damascus. He concludes with referencing prophecies that the Messiah would rise from the dead and that salvation would be provided to the Gentiles.

Governor Festus interrupted Paul’s defense at that point, shouting, “You are out of your mind, Paul! . . . Your great learning is driving you insane” (Acts 26:24). Paul replied, “I am not insane, most excellent Festus. . . . What I am saying is true and reasonable. The king is familiar with these things, and I can speak freely to him. I am convinced that none of this has escaped his notice, because it was not done in a corner. King Agrippa, do you believe the prophets? I know you do” (verses 25–27). Then Herod Agrippa II said to Paul, “Do you think that in such a short time you can persuade me to be a Christian?” (verse 28). Paul’s reply shows the heart of an evangelist: “Short time or long—I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains” (verse 29). At that, the royals left the room, convinced of Paul’s innocence. Herod Agrippa II said to Festus, “This man could have been set free if he had not appealed to Caesar” (verse 32).

It is significant that Herod Agrippa II admits Paul had done nothing wrong and should by all rights be set free. With the possible exception of Herod Antipas who liked to listen to John—albeit for superstitious reasons—this is the only biblical record of a positive interaction between a Herodian king and Jesus and His church.

Herod Agrippa II also makes a statement to Paul that has sparked the imagination of millions of Christians. In the King James Version, Acts 26:28 is translated “Then Agrippa said unto Paul, Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian.” Many sermons over the years have been preached about the man who “almost” became a Christian but ultimately did not. The words of Agrippa II have become a cautionary tale of “almost” becoming a Christian, but waiting too long. A gospel song titled “Almost Persuaded” was written by prolific songwriter Philip Bliss in 1871 and has been sung in churches for several generations:

Questions about People in the Bible

Who was Herod Agrippa II?

Part 1

Loyal
Part 2

Acts 25
New International Version Par ▾
Paul’s Trial Before Festus
1Three days after arriving in the province, Festus went up from Caesarea to Jerusalem, 2where the chief priests and the Jewish leaders appeared before him and presented the charges against Paul. 3They requested Festus, as a favor to them, to have Paul transferred to Jerusalem, for they were preparing an ambush to kill him along the way. 4Festus answered, “Paul is being held at Caesarea, and I myself am going there soon. 5Let some of your leaders come with me, and if the man has done anything wrong, they can press charges against him there.”
6After spending eight or ten days with them, Festus went down to Caesarea. The next day he convened the court and ordered that Paul be brought before him. 7When Paul came in, the Jews who had come down from Jerusalem stood around him. They brought many serious charges against him, but they could not prove them.
8Then Paul made his defense: “I have done nothing wrong against the Jewish law or against the temple or against Caesar.”
9Festus, wishing to do the Jews a favor, said to Paul, “Are you willing to go up to Jerusalem and stand trial before me there on these charges?”
10Paul answered: “I am now standing before Caesar’s court, where I ought to be tried. I have not done any wrong to the Jews, as you yourself know very well. 11If, however, I am guilty of doing anything deserving death, I do not refuse to die. But if the charges brought against me by these Jews are not true, no one has the right to hand me over to them. I appeal to Caesar!”
12After Festus had conferred with his council, he declared: “You have appealed to Caesar. To Caesar you will go!”
Festus Consults King Agrippa
13A few days later King Agrippa and Bernice arrived at Caesarea to pay their respects to Festus. 14Since they were spending many days there, Festus discussed Paul’s case with the king. He said: “There is a man here whom Felix left as a prisoner. 15When I went to Jerusalem, the chief priests and the elders of the Jews brought charges against him and asked that he be condemned.
16“I told them that it is not the Roman custom to hand over anyone before they have faced their accusers and have had an opportunity to defend themselves against the charges. 17When they came here with me, I did not delay the case, but convened the court the next day and ordered the man to be brought in. 18When his accusers got up to speak, they did not charge him with any of the crimes I had expected. 19Instead, they had some points of dispute with him about their own religion and about a dead man named Jesus who Paul claimed was alive. 20I was at a loss how to investigate such matters; so I asked if he would be willing to go to Jerusalem and stand trial there on these charges. 21But when Paul made his appeal to be held over for the Emperor’s decision, I ordered him held until I could send him to Caesar.”
22Then Agrippa said to Festus, “I would like to hear this man myself.”
He replied, “Tomorrow you will hear him.”
Paul Before Agrippa
23The next day Agrippa and Bernice came with great pomp and entered the audience room with the high-ranking military officers and the prominent men of the city. At the command of Festus, Paul was brought in. 24Festus said: “King Agrippa, and all who are present with us, you see this man! The whole Jewish community has petitioned me about him in Jerusalem and here in Caesarea, shouting that he ought not to live any longer. 25I found he had done nothing deserving of death, but because he made his appeal to the Emperor I decided to send him to Rome. 26But I have nothing definite to write to His Majesty about him. Therefore I have brought him before all of you, and especially before you, King Agrippa, so that as a result of this investigation I may have something to write. 27For I think it is unreasonable to send a prisoner on to Rome without specifying the charges against him.”

Loyal
June 8, 2023
Acts 26: 1-18 NIV84

Apostle Paul, presenting His Testimony and His defense before "King Agrippa" and he does it very well, as He presents His Case, like a well, schooled Lawyer, a graduate with Honors as if it where of "Harvard", "Yale", "Princeton , "Browns" even, The Captain, of "The Harvard Review", and His Chief Counselor, standing right beside him, "The Parakletos" of The LIVING GOD":pensive: It cannot get no Better than that. So let us sit back in The court Room scene and see What the Lawyer, has to say on His Own, and presenting His Own, Defense, Go head, talk to us, on here we stand, almost 2,000 years later, and "Our Advocate" has brought us unto The same court room, before The Same King, and as we watch, The Proceedings by "The Power of GOD" as You sir, Present your case, By The Power of "The LIVING GOD", who has The Power, by making His "WORD", come alive and Living and Alive in us, That Only A GOD can do, For His Own.:pensive: The world and nominal christians can our see "The letter of the LAW" and it killeth and only The flesh remains, but "The Parakletos" The ADVOCATE who He sent to us, "quickens" and Maketh it, come Alive , Resurrecting it from The dead, and "Springs" up into The Very Life, of Our SOULS, for it is by"The POWER" of The Living GOD" Gifted and only, given to us, "the Very Elect of GOD, for His Purpose and not our own.:pensive:

Now let us, sit back and read and Look on, As The Apostle Paul, Present His Case, in "The Pneumatic" before A "King" and Officials and Accusers.

We are reading, not explaining or defending what has been written, on, in the defense, for we , who are His Children, do not have to defend a "LION" Especially, if that "LION" is, "The LION of The TRIBE of JUDAH" For "The WORD of GOD" can defend "Himself":pensive:

So sit down at The table, and "slay Peter, and eat" at The Table of GOD, one bite at a time, For man , cannot, eat of, bread alone.

For I am Ploughboy, and I am carrying the mail:pensive: Enjoy The Letter, that Is Inspired By "GOD" and not a man,:pensive:

Acts 26
1Then Agrippa said to Paul, “You have permission to speak for yourself.”
So Paul motioned with his hand and began his defense: 2“King Agrippa, I consider myself fortunate to stand before you today as I make my defense against all the accusations of the Jews, 3and especially so because you are well acquainted with all the Jewish customs and controversies. Therefore, I beg you to listen to me patiently.
4“The Jewish people all know the way I have lived ever since I was a child, from the beginning of my life in my own country, and also in Jerusalem. 5They have known me for a long time and can testify, if they are willing, that I conformed to the strictest sect of our religion, living as a Pharisee. 6And now it is because of my hope in what God has promised our ancestors that I am on trial today. 7This is the promise our twelve tribes are hoping to see fulfilled as they earnestly serve God day and night. King Agrippa, it is because of this hope that these Jews are accusing me. 8Why should any of you consider it incredible that God raises the dead?
9“I too was convinced that I ought to do all that was possible to oppose the name of Jesus of Nazareth. 10And that is just what I did in Jerusalem. On the authority of the chief priests I put many of the Lord’s people in prison, and when they were put to death, I cast my vote against them. 11Many a time I went from one synagogue to another to have them punished, and I tried to force them to blaspheme. I was so obsessed with persecuting them that I even hunted them down in foreign cities.
12“On one of these journeys I was going to Damascus with the authority and commission of the chief priests. 13About noon, King Agrippa, as I was on the road, I saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, blazing around me and my companions. 14We all fell to the ground, and I heard a voice saying to me in Aramaic, a ‘Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me? It is hard for you to kick against the goads.’
15“Then I asked, ‘Who are you, Lord?’
“ ‘I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting,’ the Lord replied. 16‘Now get up and stand on your feet. I have appeared to you to appoint you as a servant and as a witness of what you have seen and will see of me. 17I will rescue you from your own people and from the Gentiles. I am sending you to them18to open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan to God, so that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’

I am PloughBoy, a Messenger also of GOD, a deliverer of mail, that already have been written.

Loyal
Acts 26:19-30 (MKJV):-
(19) After this, king Agrippa, I did not disobey the heavenly vision.
(20) But to those first in Damascus, and Jerusalem, and to all the country of Judea, and to the nations,
I made known the command to repent and to turn to God, doing works worthy of repentance
(21) Because of these things, having caught me in the temple, The Jews tried to kill me.
(22) Then having obtained help from God, I stand until this day, witnessing both to small and great,
saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said was going to happen;
(23) whether the Christ was liable to suffer, whether first by a resurrection of the dead He was going to proclaim light to the people and to the nations.
(24) And he defending himself with these things, Festus said with a loud voice, Paul, you rave! Your many letters turn you to insanity.
(25) But he said, Not to insanity, most noble Festus, but I speak words of truth and sanity.
(26) For the king understands about these things, to whom I speak, even being bold of speech.
For I am persuaded that not any of these things are hidden from him, nothing.
For the doing of this was not in a corner.
(27) King Agrippa, do you believe the Prophets? I know that you believe.
(28) And Agrippa said to Paul, Do you persuade me to be a Christian in but a little?
(29) And Paul said, I would pray to God, both in a little and in much, that not only you,
but also all hearing me today to become as I also am, except for these bonds.
(30) And he having spoken this, the king and the governor and Bernice and those who sat with them rose up.
(31) And withdrawing, they spoke with one another, saying, This man does nothing worthy of death or of bonds.
(32) And Agrippa said to Festus, This man might have been set at liberty if he had not appealed to Caesar.'

* Verses 20, 22 and 23:-

'But to those first in Damascus, and Jerusalem,​
and to all the country of Judea, and to the nations,​
I made known the command to repent and to turn to God,
doing works worthy of repentance.'
(verse 20)​

'Then having obtained help from God, I stand until this day,​
witnessing both to small and great,​
saying no other things
than those which the prophets and Moses said was going to happen;
whether the Christ was liable to suffer,
whether first by a resurrection of the dead
He was going to proclaim light to the people and to the nations.'
(Act 26:22-23)​

:)

Loyal
Friday June 9, 2023
Acts: 26: 19-32 NIV84

Yes, and there is a word in verse 20 is a slight elusive in some translations across the broad spectrum of modern day translations. They should do solidly well without redefining, and I will skip of the "hoop-La" around it, and define it "Declare". For the word declare might mean with "FORCE".
And as we have been looking at: "The ACTS" The Scenes; as if it was a picture or a movie of Living History of what happen as they presented "The WAY" of Salvation. Of such, of a thing has never, been heard of, A new religion has Entered The World, of The Persians, The Greeks, The Roman Republic, The JEWS and The Rest of all The Gentiles, like on, one accession, they the People, "Proclaimed " These Men has caused Confusion and Riots All over The WORLD, "The have turn this World upside down" with This "messenger " This "Proclamation" and they are scaring and Putting Fear into Every body!!!!
"DECLARE"
New King James Version Acts 26:20
but declared first to those in Damascus and in Jerusalem, and throughout all the region of Judea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent, turn to God, and do works befitting repentance.
NASB 1977
but kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance.

And as we have notice, When you "declare" The Gospel According to "Apostle Paul" you cause "Riots", men will hate you, they try to kill you , emotionally, Physically, Mentally, and Throw, Stones, even Spiritual and as if They Fired Flaming darts, and they gather and conspire and come together to destroy you the best way they can. as if They where a Pack of Wolves, even making "Covenant" to destroy you!

So what have these "ACTS" the stories been telling us. They are telling us, when we do it right, in our Proclamation about Jesus Christ, They are going to hate us, for telling them the Truth, They are going to try to Destroy Us when we give our testimony about what he has done to Our SOUL, and what he told us to do and say, they will want to Kills us and destroy our message and try to shut us up and close our Mouths about The message about "SALVATION" "REDEMPTION" and "ETERNAL LIFE" and About "REPENT" and "DAMNATION" and "ETERNAL FIRE and JUDGMENT and THE FEAR of THE LORD" and THE DAY of JUDGMENT will COME" and By "Striking Fear into MANKIND" about The Day Of THE LORD!! They will Hate and try to Close Your Mouth and But You in FEAR and make you Trimble and be Afraid to "DECLARE The Day of The LORD":pensive:

Note:
When you do and Proclaim and declare The Messenage about "Jesus Christ" RIGHT!!!!! People will hate you, with a smile on their face, and will lay traps of all kinds, and try to close your Mouth, to "DECLARE" How To Escape; "The Fire and Brimstone" that is To Come "The WRATH of The ALMIGHTY GOD" that will come. A Day of Warning. from falling from your Lips. "Son of Mankind" warn them warn them That I "THE LORD" is Coming On A WHITE HORSE" and HE will Be bearing "A IRON ROD" and Fire will be Coming Out of His Mouth which IS "THE WORD OF GOD"

Psalm 18 BSB
The LORD is My Rock
…7Then the earth shook and quaked, and the foundations of the mountains trembled; they were shaken because He burned with anger. 8Smoke rose from His nostrils, and consumingfire came from His mouth; glowing coals blazed forth. 9He parted the heavens and came down with dark clouds beneath His feet.…

NASB 1977 ACTS 26:24
And while Paul was saying this in his defense, [FESTUS JUMPs UP] .....FESTUS SAID IN A LOUD VOICE, “PAUL, YOUR GREAT LEARNING IS DRIVING YOU MAD.”
YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND! :sob::sob::sob:

Festus, has never heard of nothing like that in His entire LIFE!!!!!! This man is crazy!!!:sob::sob::sob: SCARRED HIM TO DEATH!!!! You see the Parakletos empowered the Message, for GOD is The One who puts Fear into Man's Heart. For he can Intensify.

Psalm 64
New American Standard Bible►►
Prayer for Rescue from Secret Enemies.
For the music director. A Psalm of David.

1Hear my voice, God, in my [a]complaint;
Protect my life from dread of the enemy.
2Hide me from the secret discussion of evildoers,
From the restlessness of the workers of injustice,
3Who have sharpened their tongues like a sword.
They aimed bitter speech as their arrows,
4To shoot https://biblehub.com/nasb_/psalms/64.htm#fnfrom concealment at the innocent;
Suddenly they shoot at him, and do not fear.
5They make firm for themselves an evil [c]purpose;
They [d]talk of setting snares secretly;
They say, “Who can see them?”
6They [e]devise injustices, saying,
“We are [f]ready with a well-conceived plot”;
For the [g]inward thought and the heart of a person are [h]deep.

7But God https://biblehub.com/nasb_/psalms/64.htm#fnwill shoot an arrow at them;
Suddenly [j]they will be wounded.
8So [k]they [l]will make him stumble;
Their own tongue is against them;
All who see them will shake their heads.
9Then all people [m]will fear,
And they [n]will declare the work of God,
And [o]will consider [p]what He has done.
10The righteous person will be glad in the LORD and take refuge in Him;
And all the upright in heart will boast.

it will go well With The righteous, the bearer of "TRUTH" will Always Shine Bright when That Bearer, is in The Hands of "The LORD GOD, The GOD ALMIGHTY":pensive:

Leviticus 19:16
You must not go about spreading slander among your people. You must not endanger the life of your neighbor. I am the LORD.
Proverbs 20:19
He that goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets: therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.

Leviticus 19:16
Thou shalt not go up and down as a talebearer among thy people: neither shalt thou stand against the blood of thy neighbour: I am the LORD.

Proverbs 25:9
Debate thy cause with thy neighbour himself; and discover not a secret to another:

Proverbs 26:20-22
Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth…

1 Timothy 5:13
At the same time they will also learn to be idle, going from house to house and being not only idle, but also gossips and busybodies, discussing things they should not mention.

Last edited:
Loyal
June 10, 2023
Acts 27: 1-42

Take note: "The Providence of GOD"

God has a way in getting you to "Rome" The Providential care of GOD, he will command the winds and The Sands and the Rocks ,even on The oceans Floors to carry you To "ROME" if there is were, he wants you to be. and you will never be Late for you will always be On Tin=me according to His Will and Purpose and Not our Time or purpose .

Reminders:
New American Standard Bible Matthew 8: 27
"The men were amazed, and said, “What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?”

Excerpts from Jonah 1 NIV
4Then the Lord sent a great wind on the sea, and such a violent storm arose that the ship threatened to break up. 5All the sailors were afraid and each cried out to his own god. And they threw the cargo into the sea to lighten the ship.,,ff.

7Then the sailors said to each other, “Come, let us cast lots to find out who is responsible for this calamity.” They cast lots and the lot fell on Jonah. 8So they asked him, “Tell us, who is responsible for making all this trouble for us? What kind of work do you do? Where do you come from? What is your country? From what people are you?”

9He answered, “I am a Hebrew and I Worship The LORD, The God Of Heaven, Who Made The Sea And The Dry Land...ff."

10This terrified them and they asked, “What have you done?” (They knew he was running away from the Lord, because he had already told them so.)

11The sea was getting rougher and rougher. So they asked him, “What should we do to you to make the sea calm down for us?”

12“Pick me up and throw me into the sea,” he replied, “and it will become calm. I know that it is my fault that this great storm has come upon you.”

13Instead, the men did their best to row back to land. But they could not, for the sea grew even wilder than before. 14Then they cried out to the Lord, “Please, Lord, do not let us die for taking this man’s life. Do not hold us accountable for killing an innocent man, for you, Lord, have done as you pleased.” 15Then they took Jonah and threw him overboard, and the raging sea grew calm. 16At this the men greatly feared the Lord, and they offered a sacrifice to the Lord and made vows to him.

Nahum 1:3
New King James Version
The LORD is slow to anger and great in power, And will not at all acquit the wicked. The LORD has His way In the whirlwind and in the storm, And the clouds are the dust of His feet.:pensive:

I am PloughBoy and I am, carrying the mail.

Part 1

Loyal
June 10, 2023
Acts 27: 1-42 NIV84
Enjoy your read: Part 2

Acts 27
Paul Sails for Rome
1When it was decided that we would sail for Italy, Paul and some other prisoners were handed over to a centurion named Julius, who belonged to the Imperial Regiment. 2We boarded a ship from Adramyttium about to sail for ports along the coast of the province of Asia, and we put out to sea. Aristarchus, a Macedonian from Thessalonica, was with us.
3The next day we landed at Sidon; and Julius, in kindness to Paul, allowed him to go to his friends so they might provide for his needs. 4From there we put out to sea again and passed to the lee of Cyprus because the winds were against us. 5When we had sailed across the open sea off the coast of Cilicia and Pamphylia, we landed at Myra in Lycia. 6There the centurion found an Alexandrian ship sailing for Italy and put us on board. 7We made slow headway for many days and had difficulty arriving off Cnidus. When the wind did not allow us to hold our course, we sailed to the lee of Crete, opposite Salmone. 8We moved along the coast with difficulty and came to a place called Fair Havens, near the town of Lasea.
9Much time had been lost, and sailing had already become dangerous because by now it was after the Day of Atonement. a So Paul warned them, 10“Men, I can see that our voyage is going to be disastrous and bring great loss to ship and cargo, and to our own lives also.” 11But the centurion, instead of listening to what Paul said, followed the advice of the pilot and of the owner of the ship. 12Since the harbor was unsuitable to winter in, the majority decided that we should sail on, hoping to reach Phoenix and winter there. This was a harbor in Crete, facing both southwest and northwest.
The Storm
13When a gentle south wind began to blow, they saw their opportunity; so they weighed anchor and sailed along the shore of Crete. 14Before very long, a wind of hurricane force, called the Northeaster, swept down from the island. 15The ship was caught by the storm and could not head into the wind; so we gave way to it and were driven along. 16As we passed to the lee of a small island called Cauda, we were hardly able to make the lifeboat secure, 17so the men hoisted it aboard. Then they passed ropes under the ship itself to hold it together. Because they were afraid they would run aground on the sandbars of Syrtis, they lowered the sea anchor b and let the ship be driven along. 18We took such a violent battering from the storm that the next day they began to throw the cargo overboard. 19On the third day, they threw the ship’s tackle overboard with their own hands. 20When neither sun nor stars appeared for many days and the storm continued raging, we finally gave up all hope of being saved.
21After they had gone a long time without food, Paul stood up before them and said: “Men, you should have taken my advice not to sail from Crete; then you would have spared yourselves this damage and loss. 22But now I urge you to keep up your courage, because not one of you will be lost; only the ship will be destroyed. 23Last night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve stood beside me 24and said, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul. You must stand trial before Caesar; and God has graciously given you the lives of all who sail with you.’ 25So keep up your courage, men, for I have faith in God that it will happen just as he told me. 26Nevertheless, we must run aground on some island.”
The Shipwreck
27On the fourteenth night we were still being driven across the Adriatic c Sea, when about midnight the sailors sensed they were approaching land. 28They took soundings and found that the water was a hundred and twenty feet d deep. A short time later they took soundings again and found it was ninety feet e deep. 29Fearing that we would be dashed against the rocks, they dropped four anchors from the stern and prayed for daylight. 30In an attempt to escape from the ship, the sailors let the lifeboat down into the sea, pretending they were going to lower some anchors from the bow. 31Then Paul said to the centurion and the soldiers, “Unless these men stay with the ship, you cannot be saved.” 32So the soldiers cut the ropes that held the lifeboat and let it drift away.
33Just before dawn Paul urged them all to eat. “For the last fourteen days,” he said, “you have been in constant suspense and have gone without food—you haven’t eaten anything. 34Now I urge you to take some food. You need it to survive. Not one of you will lose a single hair from his head.” 35After he said this, he took some bread and gave thanks to God in front of them all. Then he broke it and began to eat. 36They were all encouraged and ate some food themselves. 37Altogether there were 276 of us on board. 38When they had eaten as much as they wanted, they lightened the ship by throwing the grain into the sea.
39When daylight came, they did not recognize the land, but they saw a bay with a sandy beach, where they decided to run the ship aground if they could. 40Cutting loose the anchors, they left them in the sea and at the same time untied the ropes that held the rudders. Then they hoisted the foresail to the wind and made for the beach. 41But the ship struck a sandbar and ran aground. The bow stuck fast and would not move, and the stern was broken to pieces by the pounding of the surf.
42The soldiers planned to kill the prisoners to prevent any of them from swimming away and escaping. 43But the centurion wanted to spare Paul’s life and kept them from carrying out their plan. He ordered those who could swim to jump overboard first and get to land. 44The rest were to get there on planks or on other pieces of the ship. In this way everyone reached land safely.

New International Version (NIV)
Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV® Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission. All rights reserved worldwide.​

Loyal
June 11, 2023
Acts 28: 1-6 NIV84
For there is much speculations can be had here, but we not dare to speculate here but we will observe what we and Apostle Paul knew for a fact, He will not die. because God said; in the past " you are going to Rome, he did not tell Paul he was ever would be going to "Spain" in which Paul had a desire to do, by his own mouth, if all do remember what he said and wrote in The Letter unto "The Romans":
Romans 15:23
"But now that there are no further opportunities for me in these regions, and since I have longed for many years to visit you, I hope to see you on my way to Spain." [which was his desirer and not GOD's] But he "GOD" told him, he was going to "ROME".

New American Standard Bible Acts 23:11
But on the night immediately following, the Lord stood at his side and said, "Take courage; for as you have solemnly witnessed to My cause at Jerusalem, so you must witness at Rome also."

So did Paul had any doubts he was going to die in The shipwreck or The viper jumping out of the Fire or from the venom flowing from the bite and entering his Blood stream. No way, he was Going To ROME< like God said!~ And the Villagers knew what kind of "Viper" that bit him. Death was not a question He was going to die, We know that kind of Viper,The Man is dead! And they watch Him shake that "Viper" off and He did not Jump, he just shook him off into the Fire, like it was nothing to it, and they were watching and he didn't get sick, they thought in Their minds, and said: "This is a God here! he ain't dead from that Bite From that "VIPER", in their minds, this is a GOD, God had said, You are going to "ROME", when God tells you something, be sure of this it will come to past, and "The VIPER:S BITE" you will shake them off into The Flames while their Venom, is flowing in your veins will do you no harm, from stopping you, from being a Witness in "ROME", you will continue on your Journey which has been Consign to you By "GOD" to where he said, for you to go, and not your desirers to GO,

And think not about the "Text" "he will give your the desires of Your Heart" for you might mis understood the "translated text" of written Scripture. and that is so with the many of us, down through the years.

Acts 28
Paul Ashore on Malta
1Once safely on shore, we found out that the island was called Malta. 2The islanders showed us unusual kindness. They built a fire and welcomed us all because it was raining and cold. 3Paul gathered a pile of brushwood and, as he put it on the fire, a viper, driven out by the heat, fastened itself on his hand. 4When the islanders saw the snake hanging from his hand, they said to each other, “This man must be a murderer; for though he escaped from the sea, the goddess Justice has not allowed him to live.” 5But Paul shook the snake off into the fire and suffered no ill effects. 6The people expected him to swell up or suddenly fall dead; but after waiting a long time and seeing nothing unusual happen to him, they changed their minds and said he was a god.

Loyal
'Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit,
and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;
.. And for me,
.... that utterance may be given unto me,
...... that I may open my mouth boldly,
........ to make known the mystery of the gospel,
.......... For which I am an ambassador in bonds:
............ that therein I may speak boldly,
.............. as I ought to speak.'
(Eph 6:18-20)

Yes, @PloughBoy, Paul believed God.

His faith was based of facts, God's facts. It was not nebulous or insubstantial. There were no 'if's' or 'maybe's' when God had spoken and given a directive. No, as you have kindly pointed out, Paul could confidently move at the impulse of God's will, knowing the outcome, and moving forward in obedience to God's known will, regardless of the obstacles, or fearing the consequences.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
June 12. 2023
Acts 28: 7-30 NIV84

As we come to a close of The reading of "The Acts of The Apostles" it was a very interesting read, and I do hope that many were blessed of The LORD as we look on and observed some of the things they did which The LORD wanted us, HIS people to see and take notice. and we all thank him, for He is Our LORD, the very "WORD of GOD" and we "LOVE" Him and we thank Our Father, who put That Love in us.:pensive:

2 key things on this last portion of this read, let us take note;
in verse 22 and we have taken notice as well as we have read the events in the chapters leading us to this fact. for the people in "Rome" makes a true statement: "We know that People everywhere are Talking against this [sect] Jesus" everywhere they are against this Jesus!!!! So let us hear your view of this Jesus.
And then we read Paul's conclusion about how GOD had or is The One who has told us that Many will hear and not understand and many would see and not perceive.

7There was an estate nearby that belonged to Publius, the chief official of the island. He welcomed us to his home and showed us generous hospitality for three days. 8His father was sick in bed, suffering from fever and dysentery. Paul went in to see him and, after prayer, placed his hands on him and healed him. 9When this had happened, the rest of the sick on the island came and were cured. 10They honored us in many ways; and when we were ready to sail, they furnished us with the supplies we needed.

Paul’s Arrival at Rome

11After three months we put out to sea in a ship that had wintered in the island—it was an Alexandrian ship with the figurehead of the twin gods Castor and Pollux. 12We put in at Syracuse and stayed there three days. 13From there we set sail and arrived at Rhegium. The next day the south wind came up, and on the following day we reached Puteoli. 14There we found some brothers and sisters who invited us to spend a week with them. And so we came to Rome. 15The brothers and sisters there had heard that we were coming, and they traveled as far as the Forum of Appius and the Three Taverns to meet us. At the sight of these people Paul thanked God and was encouraged. 16When we got to Rome, Paul was allowed to live by himself, with a soldier to guard him.

Paul Preaches at Rome Under Guard

17Three days later he called together the local Jewish leaders. When they had assembled, Paul said to them: “My brothers, although I have done nothing against our people or against the customs of our ancestors, I was arrested in Jerusalem and handed over to the Romans. 18They examined me and wanted to release me, because I was not guilty of any crime deserving death. 19The Jews objected, so I was compelled to make an appeal to Caesar. I certainly did not intend to bring any charge against my own people. 20For this reason I have asked to see you and talk with you. It is because of the hope of Israel that I am bound with this chain.”

21They replied, “We have not received any letters from Judea concerning you, and none of our people who have come from there has reported or said anything bad about you. 22But we want to hear what your views are, for we know that people everywhere are talking against this sect.”

23They arranged to meet Paul on a certain day, and came in even larger numbers to the place where he was staying. He witnessed to them from morning till evening, explaining about the kingdom of God, and from the Law of Moses and from the Prophets he tried to persuade them about Jesus. 24Some were convinced by what he said, but others would not believe. 25They disagreed among themselves and began to leave after Paul had made this final statement: “The Holy Spirit spoke the truth to your ancestors when he said through Isaiah the prophet:

26“ ‘Go to this people and say,
“You will be ever hearing but never understanding;
you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.”
27For this people’s heart has become calloused;
they hardly hear with their ears,
and they have closed their eyes.
Otherwise they might see with their eyes,
hear with their ears,
understand with their hearts
and turn, and I would heal them.’
a
28“Therefore I want you to know that God’s salvation has been sent to the Gentiles, and they will listen!” [29] b

30For two whole years Paul stayed there in his own rented house and welcomed all who came to see him. 31He proclaimed the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ—with all boldness and without hindrance!

Footnotes:
a 27 Isaiah 6:9,10 (see Septuagint)
b 29 Some manuscripts include here After he said this, the Jews left, arguing vigorously among themselves.

Loyal
'And He (God) said,
"Go, and tell this people,
Hear ye indeed, but understand not;
and see ye indeed, but perceive not.
Make the heart of this people fat,
and make their ears heavy,
and shut their eyes;
lest they see with their eyes,
and hear with their ears,
and understand with their heart,
and convert,
and be healed (ie., saved).
(Isaiah 6:9-10)

Hello @PloughBoy,

That generation, who had not only witnessed the ministry of the Lord Jesus Christ in the land itself, but also the on-going ministry of those that heard Him: ie., the twelve Apostles and those Apostles chosen by the risen Christ, following His resurrection and ascension to God's right hand, and had not responded with repentance and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, were called, 'a wicked generation' (Matt. 3:7-10, Matt. 12:45 and 16:4).

God had warned the People of Israel, throughout the Old Testament, and in the gospels and into the Acts of the Apostles ((Hab. 1:5, Acts 13:40-41, Matt.13:14-15; John 12:40 & Acts 28:26-27) of the danger that the prophecy of Isaiah 6:9-10 held for them, if they did not repent: and in Acts 28: 26-27 we see it coming upon them. Blindness descended. Salvation was sent to the gentiles (Acts 28:28).

I have to leave it here, for I have to go off-line, yet there is so much more that could be said.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
June 13, 2023
The Acts of The APOSTLES, is to show you, [True child of GOD] what great pain it will be for those, Who Present "Jesus Christ" throughout the World , is A example what will happen to you too, When you Present "The Unadulterated" Truth, so do not be discourage when you see others are praised and you are look down upon, as if Not Blessed, and other men and women are treated well with all respect. and you are look down upon, do not fret,

The world Look down on Jesus and The Apostles and The prophets of God. So the world seems bless and you are Curse. So it was with them, so it will be of you. So you, must go on, even through the tears and woes, go on, and head on for the Prize, for their is a prize, that awaits you for sure at "The Bema Seat" in Christ Jesus, for He will come back and get us and take us back where he was and there we will stand , before our maker and Our LORD and Receive our "Full shared Inheritance". And great Will that reward will be, and The Fully Adoption of "The Sons of The Living GOD" and HE will display Us before All "CREATION" they will behold Our GLORY, both the Living and The DEAD! That has been ours, before all creation, for in This we were "Predestine" to be. And he will tell all, Who we really are and always has been, And his words, as he speaks about us, will even "Torment them even more as they have tormented us, but theirs will be "throughout All "eternity".:pensive: For they are His Words. The very Word that he Will speak. will be their "torment" throughout all eternity.:relieved:

Matthew 12: BSB
…36But I tell you that men will give an account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken. 37For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Matthew 12: BSB
…47As for anyone who hears My words and does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I have not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48There is A Judge For The One Who Rejects Me And Does Not Receive My Words: The Word That I Have Spoken Will Judge Him On The Last Day. 49I have not spoken on My own, But The Father Who Sent Me Has Commanded Me What To Say and how to say it.:eyes:

Now those who have read along with us, now knows, that the people of the world speaks against Jesus as describe by "the Gospel According to Jesus", in a very different and many deceptive ways, in how they deny, That He is, "The Christ of GOD"
Note: Acts 28
22But we want to hear what your views are, for we know That People Everywhere Are Talking Against This Sect.”
[now you know ,why the pagans gave them The name "Christians" for that sect is a evil sect of people" so they called them Christians 1st. In "Antioch"}
Acts 11;26
" the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch"

So do not be discourage when people think evil of you. and call you all kinds of bad names, do not be like the "Hypocrites" always complaining how people call them all kinds of name and how they want revenge, and they want you to kick and lock people up.

But , be who you are: and know it, and a mortal man, cannot define who you are.

Matthew 5
11Blessed Are You When People Insult You, Persecute You, And Falsely Say All Kinds Of Evil Against You Because Of Me. 12Rejoice And Be Glad, Because Great Is Your Reward In Heaven; Forin The Same Way They Persecuted The Prophets before You.

"FOR BY THEIR FRUITS YOU WILL KNOW THEM" Do they complain or Rejoice!!!!!!!!!

For we who are The True "Children of GOD"

2 Corinthians 4 KJV
8We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; 9Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed; 10Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body. 11For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. 12So then death worketh in us, but life in you.:pensive:

From Suffering to Glory

Romans 8 NKJV
18For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us. 19For the earnest expectation of the creation eagerly waits for the revealing of the sons of God. 20For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it in hope; 21because the creation itself also will be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God. 22For we know that the whole creation groans and labors with birth pangs together until now. 23Not only that, but we also who have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly waiting for the adoption, the redemption of our body. 24For we were saved in this hope, but hope that is seen is not hope; for why does one still hope for what he sees? 25But if we hope for what we do not see, We Eagerly Wait For It With Perseverance.

May these words be The sails that carry YOU through , all kinds, of "Storms and WINDS":pensive: as we wait for his return.