• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Let us read The Book of The Acts of The Apostles together not to study it but to read it only & look what happen throughout it Pre 1984 KJV as 1

How many, would like to just read it as a book should be read at this time.

• Yes I would like to do that, for a 1st. time in such a fashion

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No I would not like to read it in that fashion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Loyal
Let us see what acts they did, as a group of readers. and not as if reading verses but reading a story back in "Biblical History", and take on the garments as "historians" and not taking verses apart. But let us read the book as excitement details.

How many would like to do that?

Loyal
Let us see what acts they did, as a group of readers. and not as if reading verses but reading a story back in "Biblical History", and take on the garments as "historians" and not taking verses apart. But let us read the book as excitement details.

How many would like to do that?
Hello @PloughBoy,

I have just done so, but will be glad to do so again.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris

Loyal
Hello @PloughBoy,

I have just done so, but will be glad to do so again.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris
Since you have already updated already, you do not have too, but maybe tomorrow I will slow walk the path step by step and verse by verse and chapter by charter for it has been almost a year I have done it in a systematically order. Reading it only. I like it, it is like "law cases" in a court room of hostiles, settings. A collection of short stories. and actors in their Character. and how they feel about on another at certain times and it helps me keep in track of the dates within the New Testament body of writings, and their ages and see how their developing characters emerges. I remember one time had a strong court cause and had three lawyers against me. and Apostle Paul came to mind and I took on his character. I acted just like him. and won the case. the attorney attacking me, took my side against my own attorney and my own wife, and he sided with me and the judge did too! and the court room went silent! I thought I was standing before "Festus Governor of Judea and King Agrippa and Bernice in Caesarea" with the same characters. and the court did not know I was talking on the role of Apostle Paul but in "worldly terms" but strictly Biblical straight out the book. with the same tone as Apostle Paul took. But the court was persuade. even I took on the role as an Ignorant man of "Peter and John" in the book of Acts of the Apostles. I gave the Court room Jesus, and they didn't even know it! and I left there "Justified" and they did not know what had hit them, "my Sheep knows My voice and they will not follow another" the Bible was no where to be found but Still I gave them "JESUS" in another Language! it was the unadulterated LANGUAGE OF GOD!

1 Corinthians 14:21
"In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak to this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, said the LORD."

The book of The Acts of The apostles" is like being wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove. and presenting yourself as a Lawyer in a court room. and THIS Apostle was a Expert in The law of GOD and The Roman Empire. he was slick and had a way with words and he knew how to deflect the blows of words when he needed too, he was slick and smooth.:laughing: "AND POWER BY GOD" and so was Jesus, but JESUS, much deeper than the mental mind can discern. "For He is "THE WORD".

The Mortal is incapable of knowing the meaning of The plain, even the "mi-nute" words of Christ, that he have spoken, although they are clearly understood. and that too is what we call a "Mysterion".

Even these very words below they have no idea what it means, but they think they do, It is like the men looking for the door knob at "LOT'S house"

Matthews 13
13This is why I speak to them in parables:
Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing,they do not hear or understand.’ 14In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled: ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.…:pensive:

Loyal
Since you have updated already you do not have to, but maybe tomorrow I will slow walk the path step by step and verse by verse and chapter by charter for it has been almost a year since I have done it in a systematically order. Reading it only. I like it, it is like "law cases" in a court room of hostiles, settings. A collection of short stories: and actors in their Character. and how they feel about one another at certain times, and it helps me keep in track of the dates within the New Testament body of writings, and their ages and see how their developing characters emerge. I remember one time I had a strong court case and had three lawyers against me.: and Apostle Paul came to mind and I took on his character. I acted just like him. and won the case. the attorney attacking me, took my side against my own attorney and my own wife, and he sided with me and the judge did too! and the court room went silent! I thought I was standing before "Festus Governor of Judea and King Agrippa and Bernice in Caesarea" with the same characters. and the court did not know I was taking on the role of the Apostle Paul ( in "worldly terms") but strictly Biblical straight out the book. with the same tone as Apostle Paul took. But the court was persuaded. even I took on the role as an Ignorant man of "Peter and John" in the book of Acts of the Apostles. I gave the Court room Jesus, and they didn't even know it! and I left there "Justified" and they did not know what had hit them, "my Sheep knows My voice and they will not follow another" the Bible was no where to be found, but Still I gave them "JESUS" in another Language! it was the unadulterated LANGUAGE OF GOD!

1 Corinthians 14:21
"In the law it is written, With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak to this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, said the LORD."

The book of The Acts of The apostles is like "being wise as a serpent and harmless as a doves". and presenting yourself as a Lawyer in a court room. and THIS Apostle was an Expert in The law of GOD and The Roman Empire. he was slick and had a way with words and he knew how to deflect the blows of words when he needed too, he was slick and smooth.:laughing: "AND POWER BY GOD" and so was Jesus, but JESUS, much deeper than the mental mind can discern. "For He is "THE WORD".

The Mortal is incapable of knowing the meaning of The plain, even the "mi-nute" words of Christ, that he have spoken, although they are clearly understood. and that too is what we call a "Mysterion".

Even these very words below, they have no idea what it means, but they think they do, It is like the men looking for the door knob at "LOT'S house"

Matthews 13
13This is why I speak to them in parables:
Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand.’ 14In them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled: ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving.…:pensive:
'At my first answer no man stood with me,
.. but all men forsook me:
.... I pray God that it may not be laid to their charge.
...... Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me,
........ and strengthened me; ;
.......... that by me the preaching might be fully known,
............ and that all the Gentiles might hear:
and I was delivered out of the mouth of the lion.
.. And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work,
.... and will preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom:
...... to Whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.'
(2 Timothy 4:16-18)

Loyal
March 28, 2023
Chapter 1 KJV. NIV, ESV
4And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, But Wait For the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me. 5For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again THE KINGDOM to Israel? 7And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power. 8But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

March 29, 2023
Chapter 2 KJV, NIV, ESV
14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. 16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Last edited:
Loyal
March 30, 2023
Acts:3 KJV

A miracle is generally defined, according to the etymology of the word—it comes from the Greek thaumasion and the Latin miraculum—as that which causes wonder and astonishment, being extraordinary in itself and amazing or inexplicable by normal standards.

Acts 3:10, 19-24 KJV
10And they knew that it was he which sat for alms at the Beautiful gate of the temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened unto him…f.
19Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord; 20And he shall send Jesus Christ, which before was preached unto you: 21Whom The Heaven Must Receive Until The Times Of Restitution Of All Things, Which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began. 22For Moses truly said unto the fathers, A prophet shall the Lord your God raise up unto you of your brethren, like unto me; him shall ye hear in all things whatsoever he shall say unto you. 23And It Shall Come To Pass, That Every Soul, Which Will Not Hear That Prophet, Shall Be Destroyed From Among The People. 24Yea, and all the prophets from Samuel and those that follow after, as many as have spoken, have likewise foretold of these days.

Loyal
MARCH 31. 2023
ACTS 4 KJV
27. For of a truth against thy holy child Jesus, whom thou anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel, are gathered together."
28. For to do whatsoever thy hand and thy counsel determine before to be done.:pensive:.
29And now, Lord, behold their threatenings: and grant unto thy servants, that with all boldness they may speak thy word, 30By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus. 31And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.