• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Let us on “Talk Jesus” read at the same time “The Book of Revelations” but make sure it is the same translation”

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:15)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Active
Top Poster Of Month
If the world can have a book club. Let’s read Reveltion no commentary same version. Either “KJV” or “ASV” or earlier “NIV” (NIV 1977 - 2010 no later). Just the Bible reading. No footnote reading. A dictionary along side. A week should be good for everyone. End of week start your Revelation “POSTS”. No commentary reading, just your bible! We can reply here just say I’m game and lets vote on the translation. I chose those 3 types for a good reason! “

“ASV” is a more word for word translation of original text, reading is not to smooth as others. But closer what GOD really said.

“NIV” earlier translation is a good very good text of original text trying it best to stay there.

“KJV” (oxford not Cambridge). Version . Many still like the flavor the smoothness of this text, the flow of the a an character and the beauty of its words and construction. In which really is “William Tyndale” who created a lot of the English words in the Bible in which was no words to describe the original “Holy Scriptue” words. Like the words he created: “show bread”. The term “Thy kingdom come” “Passover” “atonement” “mercy seat”. He also coin these phrases “ seek and you shall find”. “ judge not the you might not be judge” “knock and the door will be open”. He coin these phrases, God gave him the gift of Languages [tongues] he spoke “7 languages” fluently like it was his own, Greek, Hebrew, french, English, Italian, Spanish, I cannot remember the other one right now. I love the flavour and flow of a good “KJv”. Especially The New Scofield study bible copyright 1967! Not for footnotes. The printed text (1967). Love it .

So let’s see how many are game to charge through Revelation as one body, one mind, one translation of vote!

just say i m game and state translation. votes will decide translation. 2 day vote time.

With Moderator‘s approval and advise please.
It is just a thought no biggie.

Loyal
@PloughBoy -- the only thing that concerns me is your comment about 'what God Really said' as pertaining to the ASV version. Well -- God's Word is what He Really said. Often times a person doesn't like what God's Word is Really Saying.

Revelation is a very complex book. I'll be reading from the NKJ.

Okay -- count me in. At least to start with.

Wnl

Hi PloughBoy,
Count me in Kjv
I'm on holiday at the moment,
Be in tough next week.
With Love, Wnl

Active
Top Poster Of Month
@PloughBoy -- the only thing that concerns me is your comment about 'what God Really said' as pertaining to the ASV version. Well -- God's Word is what He Really said. Often times a person doesn't like what God's Word is Really Saying.

Revelation is a very complex book. I'll be reading from the NKJ.

Okay -- count me in. At least to start with.
Sorry, here is my correction about “ASV” I should have said this:
Closest to the original [text] word-for-word and readable would be the New American Standard Bible (NASB).
But I favour the “KJV “. Oxford not Cambridge edition.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Just a update, I just finish chapter 3. Just taking my time and really just reading, kinda bouncing back and forth in the context. No hurry, no exams, no dead line, no Pressure. Just a temperature, so everyone knows where I am at.

Active
Just a update, I just finish chapter 3. Just taking my time and really just reading, kinda bouncing back and forth in the context. No hurry, no exams, no dead line, no Pressure. Just a temperature, so everyone knows where I am at.
Cool, I haven't started yet but will tomorrow.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
To the “Elect” of God! Just another update where I am at, in “Revelation “. I read chapters (4-5) this evening. It was good! Remember no rush, no hurry, no pressure, no quiz, no commentary, and no one’s interpretations.. just read it nice and easy.
I also listened to the books of“Zep”, Zech, Nahum, Amos”, and “Psalm” 1-37. Early this morning,Just for my refreshment only. Very short books. I always had this practice when one book is my main attraction. Remember just like in, “ grade school” “high school”. The bell would ring, then go to the next class. In grade school in afternoon, homeroom. Your main study or a nice read , after work. A nice cup of tea. A calm down read. Everyone is not like that I know. Just a update, “ enjoy the read, don’t try to interpret it, we all can do that later❤ Just make a note, as you go, at the end of your read, make a post.:)

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Many know this, but for those who don’t. I going throw out a “nugget “. Notice the title of this book, many say the Book of Revelation. It should be title, Differently, the very 1st verse, it says “The Revelation of Jesus Christ”. Now look what the Greek word for revelation is. Think about it! Or ponder about as you read.

The name Revelation comes from the first word of the book in Koine Greek: ἀποκάλυψις (apokalypsis), which means "unveiling" or "revelation".❤ Some will get it some will not.

Loyal
Actually -- NKJ -- The Revelation (in big bold letters) and then just below 'of Jesus Christ'. And then the very first verse "The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His ervants --- things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, vs 2 who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw.

Yes, the unveiling / showing / of things to come.

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Just another update: I read Chapter 6 of Revelation to day about 3:00 pm eastern time. It was interesting, very. His Word is “inexhaustible”. No matter how many times you read it, it “reveals” that much more of Himself and The Father! “Remember just One step at a time”.

Loyal
We were just posting on that other thread and ended up talking about Revelation. Can that be transferred over to This thread?!

@Sue D. If relevant you can copy and paste it here.

Staff Member
Notice the title of this book, many say the Book of Revelation. It should be title, Differently, the very 1st verse, it says “The Revelation of Jesus Christ”. Now look what the Greek word for revelation is. Think about it! Or ponder about as you read.
........The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him...
Revelation 1:1

What a divine author!
Our Alpha and Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.