• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

let him return unto the LORD,

<dir>Isa 55:6 Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near: Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.

When a fallen sinner comes to the lord upon the convicting power of the Holy Spirit, who convicts the world of sin, righteousness, and judgemen, they have a choice to either repent, stop sinning and seek His mercy, so I ask when does the rebellion to God stop, before, or after the Lord will grant mercy and pardon? My contentionis it must stop before!</dir>

It never stops. There is an element in human beings some call the sin nature within us that causes us to transgress God's Law- Romans 7: 21-23.
Even after conversion.

It's difficult to measure the duration of eternal things. Salvation is eternal, just as the atonement is eternal. When a mortal being pays an eternal debt, then he's dead forever; as an eternal being, Jesus paid the full measure of that debt and yet rose again. That boggles the mind a bit, but it shows how far beyond human reckoning this salvation business goes.
Romans 12:1-2 says not to be patterned any longer after this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of the mind in order to know the good and perfect will of God. Renewal of the mind is literally what repentance means, and it's what transforms us.
We were saved. We're being saved. We will be saved. By the one who was, is, and is yet to come.

You're going to have a hard time finding a fixed origin point for the grace of God because it stems from beyond the veil.

It never stops. There is an element in human beings some call the sin nature within us that causes us to transgress God's Law- Romans 7:21-23.
Even after conversion.
Hello Judge not, so by going from Romans 7-21-24, you can conclude we can be in willful rebellion to God, and still be considered a saved and sanctified Christian?

Remember you can not make a complete doctrine by Taking a few verses out of context.

I ask you please to answer these questions backed up with scripture.

Ecc 7:29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Jn 5:18 I know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

Last edited:
It's difficult to measure the duration of eternal things. Salvation is eternal, just as the atonement is eternal. When a mortal being pays an eternal debt, then he's dead forever; as an eternal being, Jesus paid the full measure of that debt and yet rose again. That boggles the mind a bit, but it shows how far beyond human reckoning this salvation business goes.
Romans 12:1-2 says not to be patterned any longer after this world, but to be transformed by the renewing of the mind in order to know the good and perfect will of God. Renewal of the mind is literally what repentance means, and it's what transforms us.
We were saved. We're being saved. We will be saved. By the one who was, is, and is yet to come.

You're going to have a hard time finding a fixed origin point for the grace of God because it stems from beyond the veil.

So then repentance is just a confession you are sinful, you can never stop your rebellion against God, or forsake your evil ways, hence a sinning saint, and the grace of God to you is His cover or cloak as you fall into willful sin on occasion?

So Jesus is more of a covering for your ongoing sins, instead of the power to set you free from its influence and corruption?

Romans 12. 1 and 2, tell us we are the living sacrifice as we touch the blood of Christ through the repentance process, hence let the wicked man forsake his evil ways, and wicked thoughts, then Return to the lord, its never come and admit, and continue, but confess and forsake, which isn't an ongoing process, as the soul who sins against God will die, unless they truly repent as King David did.

Rom 12:1 I beseech you therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God to present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, pleasing to God, which is your reasonable service.
Rom 12:2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, in order to prove by you what is that good and pleasing and perfect will of God

I would ask you please to refute me with scripture, and also tell me what these verses mean to you:
Tit 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,
Tit 2:12 teaching us that having denied ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live discreetly, righteously and godly, in this present world,
Tit 2:13 looking for the blessed hope, and the appearance of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ,
Tit 2:14 who gave Himself for us that He might redeem us from all iniquity and purify to Himself a special people, zealous of good works.

Act 3:19 Therefore repent and convert so that your sins may be blotted out, when

Last edited:
What part of "being transformed" did you not understand, Tommy? Clearly that does not suggest we remain as sinners, so why twist my words? Do you concoct arguments if there aren't any legitimate ones to be had? If you're going to insist on a berserker rage, I'm going to pass on this conversation.

Hello Judge not, so by going from Romans 7-21-24, you can conclude we can be in willful rebellion to God, and still be considered a saved and sanctified Christian?

Remember you can not make a complete doctrine by Taking a few verses out of context.

I ask you please to answer these questions backed up with scripture.

Ecc 7:29 Lo, this only have I found, that God hath made man upright; but they have sought out many inventions.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
Gal 5:20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Jn 5:18 I know that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not.

It's not a willful rebellion-it's a conflict of good versus evil when we are still in the flesh with the nature of our carnal mind
Hebrews 6:4-6 -explains that we could fall away after conversion.
But God is not willing that any should perish.
In James 5:19-20 -James was speaking of Christians erring from the truth, and said that those who err are sinners. Can a Christian become a sinner after receiving the Holy Spirit and in need of forgiveness again- yes according to this passage.
Salvation is a lifelong process.

What part of "being transformed" did you not understand, Tommy? Clearly that does not suggest we remain as sinners, so why twist my words? Do you concoct arguments if there aren't any legitimate ones to be had? If you're going to insist on a berserker rage, I'm going to pass on this conversation.

I don't understand your response, just asking you to clarify your first statement, and the scriptures I quoted, if you refuse to do this then you do not want truth as I have given you with humility. If you want our conversation to continue then please answer my questions to you with verses, but since you didn't, then I guess you don't want the truth. I am not in rage as you accuse, just trying to get you to see that being transformed is NOT a life long process, you do not get saved IN sin and rebellion to God, it all happens in repentance!

Are You Delivered?

2Pe 2:9 The Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation, and to reserve the unjust for a day of judgment, to be punished:

This powerful verse spoken by God through Peter should silence the lukewarm and dead to God professing Church and world!
First off let’s define some things here:
1, who are the godly?
Gal 5:24 But those belonging to Christ have crucified the flesh with its passions and lusts. (Desires)
The godly are simply the few who have come to a saving faith, through real repentance, and an obedient faith, their vile sins and rebellion against God have stopped, and they are walking the crucified life, not in provision, but in reality.
They guard their heart daily, knowing that any willful sin against God will disqualify them from the kingdom, as they know the soul who sins shall die, and the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God!
2, Who are the unjust or unrighteous who will be punished:
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are clearly revealed, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lustfulness,
Gal 5:20 idolatry, sorcery, hatreds, fightings, jealousies, angers, rivalries, divisions, heresies,
Gal 5:21 envying’s, murders, drunkennesses, revelings, and things like these; of which I tell you before, as I also said before, that they who do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
Also those who are under the strong delusion, promising them liberty, while they are a slave to their flesh, making countless excuses why they can sin willfully against God, and just call it a minor infraction, mistake, or something they struggle with every day, hence they never repented, never forsook their vile sins and love OF the world, and never touched the blood of Christ through the process of repentance as commanded, thus they see heart purity and obedience to the truth as legalism, and totally unattainable this side of heaven.
When temptation comes to the godly (righteous) they know what to do, as the Lord gives them all the strength and power over the temptation, as the power of the spirit and the word of God fills their heart and soul, giving them all they need to say NO, flee, or do whatever it takes to escape the snare of the devil and his evil temptations.
Psa 4:3 But know that the LORD hath set apart him that is godly for himself: the LORD will hear when I call unto him.
Psa 4:4 Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.
Psa 4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.
Are you the godly or the unjust living a lukewarm, rebellious, worldly life, giving into temptation every time it knocks at your door? Or are you a true saint who closes the door tight, keeping the flesh crucified and dead to sin and alive to God and His precious son Jesus Christ who came to set you free from sin, NOT to take your wrath and place every time your selfish choices take you into another bout with the prince of darkness!
Tommy

It's not a willful rebellion-it's a conflict of good versus evil when we are still in the flesh with the nature of our carnal mind
Hebrews 6:4-6 -explains that we could fall away after conversion.
But God is not willing that any should perish.
In James 5:19-20 -James was speaking of Christians erring from the truth, and said that those who err are sinners. Can a Christian become a sinner after receiving the Holy Spirit and in need of forgiveness again- yes according to this passage.
Salvation is a lifelong process.

Yes we can fall away, but we are commanded to crucify our flesh with Christ, and if you are still in your carnal mind and think you are still saved, then you are greatly deceived, you diddnt answer my questions or the verses I sent, so all you are sending is pure conjecture, where your false premis is built off original sin, where repentance is just a mere confession but the bible clearly states the sin and rebellion stop in repentance! As I quoted from ISA 55-7.
Who Are The Wicked!
Isa 5:20 Woe to those who call evil good and good evil; who put darkness for light and light for darkness; who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter!
Isa 5:21 Woe to those wise in their own eyes, and bright in their own sight!

The wicked are simply those who persist in sin, defend sin, and live a godless life while proclaiming to be in the light!
But the professing hypocritical church today that defend their right to be a filthy rag sinner, still defiled in their hearts, will say the wicked are the serial killers, rapists, terrorists, etc., but they can disobey God every day and be considered righteous by proxy that Jesus took their place!
Luk 11:35 Therefore take heed that the light in you is not darkness.
You cannot walk IN the light and the dark at the same time! Those who defend the sin gospel are still In darkness, but think they are IN the light, which is a very dangerous place to be in!
Mal 2:17 You have wearied the Lord with your words. Yet you say, In what have we wearied Him? When you say, every evildoer is good in the eyes of the Lord, and He delights in them; or, where is the God of justice?
When you defend your right to be Of God, and to be IN sin, and to be OF the world, then you have wearied God with your words! You are actually promoting evil over good in the eyes of God, and making Him a god of this age who winks at sin and rebellion
Ecc 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.
Ecc 8:12 Though a sinner do evil an hundred times, and his days be prolonged, yet surely I know that it shall be well with them that fear God, which fear before him:
Ecc 8:13 But it shall not be well with the wicked, neither shall he prolong his days, which are as a shadow; because he feareth not before God.
Ecc 8:14 There is a vanity which is done upon the earth; that there be just men, unto whom it happeneth according to the work of the wicked; again, there be wicked men, to whom it happeneth according to the work of the righteous: I said that this also is vanity.
Just because the professing church thinks they can live IN sin and disobedience, or defend their right to sin and disobey God, doesn’t mean God condones their ways! No way!
He is waiting patiently for now for all to repent, stop doing evil, and seek His great mercy! God makes it crystal clear that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God, He commands His children to hate evil, and cling to good! He gives all a fair chance to repent, and come and reason with Him, to seek His great mercy, and forgiveness, followed by much power and strength IN Christ to resist the temptations of the devil, and this fading and dying world, infested with wicked sinners who mock God by denying His truth and also the power He came to give to mankind who touch the blood of Christ through repentance, stopping all sin and rebellion against Him.
Now free from the bondages of sin, and the lies, coming with a pure heart now being led by the spirit of truth!
Tommy
Psa 10:11 He has said in his heart, God has forgotten; He hides His face; He will not see forever!
Psa 10:12 Arise, O Jehovah; O God, lift up Your hand; forget not the humble.
Psa 10:13 Why do the wicked condemn God? He has said in his heart, You will not judge.

Last edited: