• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Let God Choose

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But let all those rejoice who put their trust in You; Let them ever shout for joy, because You defend them; Let those also who love Your name Be joyful in You. Psalm 5:11

There's waiting on God, and then there's just waiting. You have an idea, and even though you're pretty sure it came from God, you're still waiting to act. There are always more reasons to wait--uncertainty about resources or support of timing--and only one to move. But is God telling you, "Go," enough? You'll never know until you take that first step.

When God calls you to follow Him, you won't know all the steps and stops along the way. All He told Abram was to "go to the land that I will show you" (Genesis 12:1). All you know for sure is that God will lead you step by step as you obey.

After some ups and downs, Abram eventually learned to trust God. When he and Lot parted company after a land dispute, Abram let his nephew choose the territory he wanted--but really, Abram was letting God choose for him. And whereas Lot chose Sodom, God came to Abram and gave him the rest of the land "as a permanent possession" (Genesis 13:15). God knows best, so let Him be Himself. You won't regret it.

Prayer: God, You will take care of me in ways I can't imagine when I trust You to give me Your best.