• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Leave Your Water Pot

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:2)

Staff Member
The woman then left her waterpot, went her way into the city, and said to the men, "Come, see a Man who told me all things that I ever did. Could this be the Christ?" John 4:28-29

The Samaritan woman who had come to Jacob's well for water had just heard Jesus say that He was the Messiah. Imagine! In her day! The woman was so excited that she abandoned her water pot, left Jesus sitting at the well, and dashed into the city to blaze abroad the news. She clearly trusted what Jesus was telling her, and she couldn't keep it to herself. She was beside herself with excitement.

Has the Gospel so penetrated your heart that you too have a burning desire to return to your city, workplace, school, or community to talk about Jesus Have you ever become so excited about God's promises that you left your "water pot"--your pressing business at hand--behind?

When Jesus called His first disciples, they left their nets their families, their friends, and everything they knew to follow Him. You can't always drop your duties to share the Gospel, but it should still stir you up and excite you. Share while you work!

Prayer: Lord, You're in my life, but sometimes my zeal to tell others about You is lacking. Forgive me. Reignite my heart. Fill me with boldness--so much so that I'll be moved to be Your ambassador.