• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Knowing Your Source

Staff Member
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17

In a 2016 interview featured on the ESPN feature show E:60, interviewer Jeremy Schaap asked retiring sports broadcasting legend Vin Scully, “What are the moments that give you the most pride?”

Scully, a man of faith who began his broadcasting career in 1949, replied, “I don’t know about pride. I try to keep that word out of my life. I really mean that when I say it. I’m not prideful. Because what has happened to me, I believe in all honesty, it was a gift that was given to me. I can lose that gift as soon as I get out of this chair…so there’s really no pride.”

The Bible has a lot to say about pride, and none of it is good. God tells us in His Word that He hates human pride and that He will actively oppose those with pride-filled hearts and minds (James 4:6).

But today’s verse gives believers a great antidote for human pride, and it’s this: Keep in mind that every good thing we have and every good thing we accomplish in this life is a gift from God. So when the devil whispers in your ear that you should feel pride over something you’ve done, you do well to simply answer, “It’s all a gift from my Father in heaven.”

Loyal
Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17

In a 2016 interview featured on the ESPN feature show E:60, interviewer Jeremy Schaap asked retiring sports broadcasting legend Vin Scully, “What are the moments that give you the most pride?”

Scully, a man of faith who began his broadcasting career in 1949, replied, “I don’t know about pride. I try to keep that word out of my life. I really mean that when I say it. I’m not prideful. Because what has happened to me, I believe in all honesty, it was a gift that was given to me. I can lose that gift as soon as I get out of this chair…so there’s really no pride.”

The Bible has a lot to say about pride, and none of it is good. God tells us in His Word that He hates human pride and that He will actively oppose those with pride-filled hearts and minds (James 4:6).

But today’s verse gives believers a great antidote for human pride, and it’s this: Keep in mind that every good thing we have and every good thing we accomplish in this life is a gift from God. So when the devil whispers in your ear that you should feel pride over something you’ve done, you do well to simply answer, “It’s all a gift from my Father in heaven.”
God is my only source.