• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Knowing Jesus

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage, that I may gain Christ Philippians 3:7-8

Paul had an exceptional education in two worlds. He was born a Roman citizen, and from reading his epistles, it’s clear that he had a wide knowledge of Greek literature. He quoted Greek writers such as the Cretan poet Epimenides in Titus 1:12 and both Epimenides and the Cilician poet Aratus in Acts 17:28. And in 1 Corinthians 15:33, he quoted from Thais, a popular comedy written by the Greek playwright Menander.

On the other hand, Paul “conformed to the strictest sect of (his) religion, living as a Pharisee” (Acts 26:5). He moved to Jerusalem where, as he said, “I studied under Gamaliel and was thoroughly trained in the law of our ancestors” (Acts 22:3). Even the Roman governor Festus recognized Paul’s great learning (Acts 26:24).

Paul had once been self-assured and cocky because of his vast studies, but when he became a Christian, he “resolved to know nothing…except Jesus Christ” (1 Corinthians 2:2). He pared his focus way back and concentrated wholly on knowing the Son of God, and “the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God” (Romans 11:33).

Knowledge is good, but don’t forget life’s main focus.