• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Kingdoms and Current Affairs

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
He has made the earth by His power; He has established the world by His wisdom, And stretched out the heaven by His understanding. When He utters [His] voice--[There is] a multitude of waters in the heavens: "He causes the vapors to ascend from the ends of the earth; He makes lightnings for the rain; He brings the wind out of His treasuries." Jeremiah 51:15-16

God founded the world, stretched out the heavens, and created the water cycle. The God who can do all that has the ability to do anything. Seeing such power and creativity should inspire trust.

With today's scripture, this acknowledgment is just the opening statement in what became God's promised judgments against Babylon. That empire had taken Judah captive. God planned it that way. Judah was rebellious so God used Babylon to help turn their hearts back to Him.

However, Babylon became merciless and deluded with pride. They ruled Israel with an iron fist. They made life unbearable. The prophet Jeremiah recounted Babylon's atrocities then the promises God make to defend His people from an empire that had gone too far.

God's design in creation and weather can be trusted. God can also be trusted with nations and current affairs. No detail escapes His attention. Nothing catches Him by surprise. His plan, for the world and for your life, can be trusted.

Prayer: Dear God, when I'm discouraged and think things are out of control, help me to remember You have a plan, and that Your plan shows Your faithfulness.

Loyal
That's really helpful. Thank you. Where I am, the country is more divided and troubled than at any time I can remember. There seems to be an assumption that we would never end up with wide scale violence or civil war -- but I don't see why not. We've been there before and we could go there again.

It's good to remember that all times -- good and bad -- are held in Gods hand.

Staff Member
It's good to remember that all times -- good and bad -- are held in Gods hand.
Well said brother. It is that which keeps me going, knowing that God is not surprised by anything and that He has us covered!

As far as our countries. The same here. The division is such that civil discourse on differences is non-existent. Sad and darkening times we live in, so we keep the light burning brightly Brother, while we wait for our Lord's Return!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

My word is from John 9vs 4 to 5, the bible say, that was jesus. As is it day we must do the will for who has called you, because night is coming when no one will work, 5 we are the right of the world.