• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply scroll all the way down to the footer and click on the style chooser.

Thank you.

Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal Member
Keys of the Kingdom of Heaven

Mat 16:18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Mat 16:19 And I WILL GIVE UNTO THEE THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

All born again believers are given the “keys” of the Kingdom of Heaven. Notice: we were NOT given the keys “TO” the Kingdom of Heaven, but the keys “OF” the Kingdom of Heaven. The reason why that is, is because we don't need any keys to get inside that Kingdom because we are already there!!!

When a person becomes a child of God they are “delivered” from the power of darkness, and they are “translated” into the Kingdom of God's dear Son. (Col 1:13)

When God raised up Jesus Christ from the dead, he also raised us up together with him, and we are right now, today, sitting in Heavenly places in Christ!!! (Eph 2:5-6)

The “keys” of the Kingdom of Heaven are only given to those who are citizens of that Kingdom!!

Php 3:20 But OUR CITIZENSHIP IS IN HEAVEN, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, (ESV)

If someone gave you the key “TO” a hotel building, that had hundreds of rooms, inside that building, that key would only give you access to the main building, but not all the other rooms. If someone gave you the keys “OF” the hotel, that would give you access not only to the building itself, but also to all the other rooms inside.

Key's are referred to as “knowledge, and understanding”

Luke 11:52 Woe to you lawyers! For you have taken away the KEY OF KNOWLEDGE. You did not enter yourselves, and you hindered those who were entering.”

Keys (knowledge) give access, and that access is only possible through understanding of that knowledge.

Back during the Biblical days, people who were “educated” in schools were given a ”key” to wear on their belt which showed to other people that they were educated. Today we are given “diplomas” that show the same thing.

The key (knowledge) that Jesus was referring to when he was speaking to Peter is not your normal kind of knowledge that is gained through hard study, or logical analytical thinking! It is a knowledge that can only be receive when it is given by God the Father as he reveals his Word to us by the Holy Spirit.

This is why Jesus said to Peter after he asked the question, “Who do men say the Son of man is....” (Matt 16:13)

Peter responded that “Jesus was the Christ, the Son of God.” (Matt 16:16)

Mat 16:17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for FLESH AND BLOOD HATH NOT REVEALED IT UNTO THEE, BUT MY FATHER WHICH IS IN HEAVEN.

The “keys” of the Kingdom of Heaven that Jesus said he would give unto Peter would come in the form of revelations of the “knowledge” (Keys) of God, which in turn would give him access to the power of that Kingdom!!! The power of binding and loosening comes as result of understanding the Kingdom in which we have been translated into.

We have been given keys to restrict (lock) what Heaven has already restricted (locked), and we have been given keys to loose (open) what Heaven has already loosed (opened).

Mat 16:19 I will give you the KEYS of the kingdom of heaven; and whatever you bind (declare to be improper and unlawful) on earth MUST BE WHAT IS ALREADY BOUND IN HEAVEN; and whatever you loose (declare lawful) on earth MUST BE WHAT IS ALREADY LOOSED IN HEAVEN. (AMP) :smile: