• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Keeping Your Brothers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
[As for] God, His way [is] perfect; The word of the LORD is proven; He [is] a shield to all who trust in Him. Psalm 18:30

Judah had previously failed to be his brother's keeper, and the guilt and shame had plagued him for years. He took the chance to make it right, at great risk to himself (Genesis 44:32-33). When a Christian fails to step up for others--as an advocate for justice or a helping hand or true partner in accountability--he misses a golden opportunity to love like Jesus loves.

Bearing responsibility for your actions also provides an invaluable witness to God's justice and mercy. Whether you're making your wrong right or helping when someone else has been hurt, God's grace and forgiveness are the key to looking out for others.

In helping the helpless and in healing hurts, God has given you a powerful calling and the power to obey it (John 13:34; Micah 6:8; Galatians 6:1-10). The Bible makes it clear that the best way to show others the difference Jesus makes in your life is to step out of your comfort zone and love them.

Prayer: God, this age of grace is an amazing time to be serving You. Open my eyes, ears, and heart to Your will as I interact with others today, so I can seek their highest good for Your greatest glory.