• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Keeping Money In Its Place

Staff Member
[Let your] conduct [be] without covetousness; [be] content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you." Hebrews 13:5 NKJV

Many who think they know the Bible will tell you that it says, “Money is the root of all evil.” But that is one of the most common misquotes of what the Bible really says. In reality, the apostle Paul wrote, “For the love of money is a root of all kinds of evil” (1 Timothy 6:10 NIV).

The writer of the book of Hebrews doesn’t address the love of money as the root of all kinds of evil but instead encourages his readers to keep themselves free from the love of money and to be content with what they have. The reason? Because God has promised always to be with them and to provide for them.

Remembering that God has promised to care for you and provide for you can keep you from the love of—and worries over—money. That will help you keep money in its place—and to live an unshakable life of faith.

Prayer: Father, I want to glorify You in my financial life. As I work to provide for myself and my family, help me to be content with what You’ve provided me, knowing that You’ll never fail to give me what I need.