• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Keep Your Heart

Staff Member
Do not give your strength to women, your ways to those who destroy kings. Proverbs 31:3 ESV

Proverbs 31 records the oracle that King Lemuel’s mother taught him. Some believe Lemuel (which means “for God” or “devoted to God”) is Solomon, while others do not. Either way, the king’s mother wanted him to avoid the perils that come with adultery and fornication. It’s not only sinful, but also a serious distraction that leads to destruction.

In what ways might you be giving your strength to women? Are you entertaining seemingly “innocent” flirtation? Does your mind toy with fantasies? Is it causing your attention to be divided? Understand that King Lemuel’s warning isn’t for kings only. Many men have fallen.

Stop playing games. Instead, heed the advice given in Proverbs 4:23-25 (ESV): “Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. Put away from you crooked speech, and put devious talk far from you. Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you.”

Practically speaking, you can do such things by staying engaged spiritually by reading spiritually edifying material, by meeting with a small group of brothers to weed out impure thoughts, and by meeting with a larger group of believers regularly for worship.

Prayer: Lord, I confess that I struggle to keep my mind pure. Help me find a community of Christian men to spur me on in pursuit of righteousness.