• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Keep God’s Words Before You

Staff Member
And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. Deuteronomy 6:6-7 ESV

How many different advertisements do you think you see in a day? How often do you watch a show, read a story, or hear a report about someone who is acting contrary to the ways of God? Even just being in the company of people opposed to God’s commands can become discouraging and disorienting.

The solution of God is to keep the words of His commands always before His people and to encourage them to make His teachings a regular part of their lives. They should make a point of keeping the teachings of scripture in front of them, discussing them, and even considering them when they rested at home.

There isn’t one way to do this, but consider how you are most likely to be mindful of scripture and God’s commands. Christians have used fixed hour prayer for centuries, and even Daniel and Peter clearly observed set times to pray each day. Perhaps a podcast, journal, or book can help you continue to meditate on scripture’s message today.

Prayer: Lord, help me consider ways I can keep Your commands before my eyes so that I will carefully obey them.

Staff Member
My son, keep my words, and lay up my commandments with thee.

Keep my commandments, and live; and my law as the apple of thine eye.

Bind them upon thy fingers, write them upon the table of thine heart.

Proverbs 7:1-3