• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Just Out of Curiosity

Loyal
Is there anyone in this forum who does not believe in the literal existence of Satan? Do you see him as real or as a symbol of evil? I am curious because of a stat I just read...67% of professing Christians do not believe that Satan is real. Scary!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Man thats is scary, I wonder how many of the professing Christians in that stat are actually saved

Active
Man thats is scary, I wonder how many of the professing Christians in that stat are actually saved

I believe the solution is informing otherwise as well as equipping saved believers about wearing the armour of God; rather than doubting they are actually saved.

When was the last time any one preached from the pulpit about the danger of the devil in the world we live in and why Jesus Christ in us can protect us from him? It should be a part of any discipleship course.

1 Peter 5:6 Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time: 7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: 9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. 12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. 13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

1 John 4:4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Staff Member
Greetings @Bendito

Yes satan is real and ready to whisper doubt, lies and unbelief into believers ears.

However, he is a defeated foe who we can overcome through Jesus the mighty victor reigning in our heart.

But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire.
Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but satan hindered us. For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing?
Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at His coming? For ye are our glory and joy.

1 Thessalonians 2:17-20