• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

just curious

hey guys,
i'm just really curious on why you believe in god and how you know hes there and what made you believe...

When I heard the Truth I knew it was true...The Holy Spirit was working in my life and I was opened to the truth. Your being here is the Holy Spirit working in your life...

I was going to go into a long talk about things but after prayer I decided not to...

There are only two choices in life that mean anything you either

1 serve God
2 serve satan

but you say I don't know or I don't believe in God or satan... Well it doesn't matter.. God is very real and so is satan. By not choosing God you are serving satan...

You know deep inside that God is real that Jesus Christ is real you can feel the stirring in your heart. What you choose to do next is up to you.. You can ignore it and spend eternity in hell or you can turn to God the choice is yours ...

I will be praying for you if you have any questions please feel free to contact me. God bless you. Joyfully ~ Bobbie

Hello sister,
Welcome to Talk Jesus - I suppose a quotation from Vincent Price re miracles says a lot about faith "To those who believe no explanation is neccessary - to those who do not believ no explanation is possible" For each of us finf the Lord in our own personal quest through life.I am no bible scholar but I realise how central Christ is in everything I say and do_Of course I fall as every human does but I know my Lord is there with me to guide, protect and love me. He is my refuge, a trusted and proven ally and when we live as Christians should the world is a better place for all of us. I cannot explain adequately the joy of God's presence in my life. Too much in life is like an a la carte menu where people suits what is best for them and ignore the rest and being a believer is tough at times because you must follow the word of the Lord but if you open your heart the Holy Spirit will enter to guide you and in a quiet, daily manner you will see how you can live a faith and see the difference in your life and in that of those around you. God Bless.

Nicholas

Well coffee gurl,

i always believed that God existed but never knew him personally and intimate the way i do now as i became a born again christian

John 3:3 - Most assuredly, i say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kindom of god.

As for how i know hes there, well when i repented and asked God into to my life, by believing that jesus died for me personally.
God gives us the Holy spirit when we give our life to him and the Holy spirit which lives in us bears witness with God.

1st John 5:7-8 - For there are three that bear witness in heaven: the Father, the Word, and the Holy spirit and these three are one.

and what convinced me the Word of God,

All of lifes answers are in the bible, why dont you have a look youll be surprised at what you find. and i couldnt agree more with Jesuslovesu - its not a coincidence that you are here reading this - and god is pursuing you

Notice - All three are involved Father pursuing you, who gives you his promised Holy spirit and you are convinced by his truth in the Word.
And the only way to the Father is through Jesus who died on the cross for your sin.

I hope this is of help

Godbless you coffee gurl

Last edited:
whom having not seen ye love in whom though now ye see him not yet believing ye rejoyice with joy unspeakable and full of glory recieving the end of your faith even salvation of our souls 1peter 1:8-9

We are set apart from the world by both our belifes and our actions we never seen even his sandle prints at the edge of the lake yet we follow him with all our hearts our ears never heard his voice but we live by his words our finger tips never touched his garment yet we are healed our belief is not based in senses or intellect but in his never failing love which saved our soul and promises us unspeakable joy.....
then shall thou call and the lord shall answer thou shall cry and he'll say here i am isaiah 58:9
if we walk in a crowed and see no faces we know or if hear a story and have no one to tell it to or in church we meet others that share this same faith but none of them know our true joys and fears but we still know we are not alone in feeling this way ,but that brings me no comfort, but finally when we sit alone we could call out to him and know hes there we tell him our problems and he listens we speak of the good things in life and smile we ask for advice knowing it will come , and then we are no longer lonely why? cause we know we are loved.

why do i belive in God??
wow good question...if im honest i really dont know...
mybe cause i think its better to belive in god then in something else..
yeah that would be the reason...
and why i know he is there...
i dont know...i just trust him that he is there...and yeah thats bout it...

god bless
kara

I know that I know that I know that I know that he is there. I don't need to see it to believe it. The miracles are enough evidence.
Ruth

Thas a really good question

Ok hello coffee gurl

ok answer to first question is . Because the bible says so

answer to second is because the bible says so as well

answer to the third question about what made me believe?.. why not? i thought

ok so what do you believe about god coffee gurl?

coffee_gurl said:
hey guys,
i'm just really curious on why you believe in god and how you know hes there and what made you believe...

hi coffee_girl

thank you for your questions

why do i believe in God?

because He is God, God is the Father, God is the Son ( Jesus ), and God is the Holy Spirit. look at the world that He made. look at the earth, look at the birds in the air and the trees in which they rest. look at the stars in the night sky, look only at the world He made and not the man made structues upon it. this world was not just formed but made. could the seasons and there crop production be chance? could the harvest the earth produces be just occurance?
no sister they are not, they are all created by His wonderous hand. like we are created by His hand. we are here because He decreed us to be, the trees and the fields of corn are here because of His amazing foresight. we know only a part of His works and His wonders, yet those we see each and every day gives us belief that there has to be someone or something greater than us

Genesis 1
in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
and God said, "let there be light," and there was light. God saw that the light was good, and He separated the light from the darkness. God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." and there was evening, and there was morning—the first day.
and God said, "Let there be an expanse between the waters to separate water from water." so God made the expanse and separated the water under the expanse from the water above it. and it was so. God called the expanse "sky." and there was evening, and there was morning—the second day.
and God said, "Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear." and it was so. God called the dry ground "land," and the gathered waters He called "seas." and God saw that it was good.
then God said, "let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." and it was so. the land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. and God saw that it was good. and there was evening, and there was morning—the third day.
and God said, "let there be lights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." and it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light from darkness. and God saw that it was good. and there was evening, and there was morning—the fourth day.
and God said, "let the water teem with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky." so God created the great creatures of the sea and every living and moving thing with which the water teems, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind. and God saw that it was good. God blessed them and said, "be fruitful and increase in number and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth." and there was evening, and there was morning—the fifth day.
and God said, "let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind." and it was so. God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. and God saw that it was good.
then God said, "let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

so God created man in his own image,
in the image of God he created him;
male and female he created them.

God blessed them and said to them, "be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

then God said, "I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. they will be yours for food. and to all the beasts of the earth and all the birds of the air and all the creatures that move on the ground—everything that has the breath of life in it—I give every green plant for food." And it was so.

i believe in God because He made this earth we walk on. i believe in God because he made me to walk on this earth. i believe in God because He took upon Himself, through the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross, my sins my falls and my transgressions. i believe in God because He has helped me and guided me and that He promises me life. i believe in God because He is truth, and all His promises He fullfills. I believe in God because i have life.

how do i know God is there?

see above :)

alongside this, i see His very real presence in the Bible. Christ is not just a make believe stroy told only by christians, if you want factual evidence of His presence on this earth 2000 years or so ago we can find this in the surviving writings of the romans around at that time.

never ever has one person had such an influence on the world, for no person can compare to Jesus. He has not only brought light and truth to the world, but in doing so has changed it and us forever. look at the real person, the one who has a true and sincere relationship with Him.

listening to the Word frees, purifies, captivates and sanctigies us. when jesus talks to us He pours out His love into our lives, He not only welcomes us, but forgives us, cures us, lifts us up and gives us light, vitality, dynamism and strength so that we can live and love in the world.

we know God is there because we talk to Him and we live in Him. we do this through prayer. prayer is not a one way street, us talking and no one listening. prayer is true and real dialogue with our Lord. prayer is listening to Him, more than talking to Him. prayer is an effective and affective dialogue that consecrates our whole lives, to Him and for Him. prayer is the authentic forge where we identify with God the teacher.

Isaiah 50:4-5
He wakens me morning by morning,
wakens my ear to listen like one being taught.
the Sovereign Lord has opened my ears,

Ephesians 3:14-19
for this reason i kneel before the Father, from whom His whole family in Heaven and on earth derives its name. i pray that out of His glorious riches He may strengthen you with power through His Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. and i pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

what made me believe?

nothing but ourselves being spiritual beings amde by God in His own image made me believe, for belief was always in me like it is always in you and all of us. it is just that at some point in our lives the Lord God was allowed to enter our hearts and in so doing He was able to reveal the light and the truth and the love that is He. my testimony will be different to every other you will here, yet it will be the same, different for the Lord God workds through us all differently, yet the same for it is the acceptance and the love, the mercy and the compassion of Christ that has enable any and all of us to be here and alive.

the Lord entered my life thanks to the poet 'g k chesterton' and the heavy rock group 'iron maiden'. for the group chose to slightly re work one of chestertons poems, 'o God of earth and altar' on their album 'piece of mind'. this spoke to me in the place i was, and i thank the Lord for this every single day. the Lord was then allowed into the dark despair that was my heart and through His love and mercy He has washed me clean. through His love and His blood i have become new, through the workings of His Spirit my feet and my hands are guided daily to do His work.

John 17:20-26
Jesus prays for all believers
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in Me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. may they also be in Us so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. I have given them the glory that You gave Me, that they may be one as We are one: I in them and You in Me. may they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that You sent Me and have loved them even as You have loved Me. "Father, I want those You have given Me to be with Me where I am, and to see My glory, the glory You have given Me because You loved Me before the creation of the world. "Righteous Father, though the world does not know You, I know You, and they know that You have sent Me. I have made You known to them, and will continue to make You known in order that the love You have for Me may be in them and that I Myself may be in them."

i hope this wasn't too long and i hope this has helped answer your questions

please feel free to ask any and every question you may have on the love that is God

may the Lord bless you in your search, may His love enter your heart and may His blood cleanse you. may the Spirit guide your every action and may you come to know and love the Lord with a deep and real personal relationship with Him.

God bless

scrappy