• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Judgment revisted.

Loyal
It seems some think there is no judgment for people.
Some believe not for anyone.
Some believe not for believers.

Neither is correct.
Verses like Matt 10:15; Matt 11:22-24; Matt 12:36-42; Luke 10:14; Luke 11:31-32; make it clear there will be a judgment for some people.

John 5:22; says the Father doesn't judge, but gives the judgment to Jesus.
John 5:24; gives some conditions about certain people who do not come under judgment.
John 5:27; again says Jesus will judge.

John 5:29 says both the righteous and the wicked will be judged.
John 5:30 and John 8:16; say that Jesus's judgment is true and just.

John 9:39 says Jesus came to judge the world.

John 12:31; John 16:11; talk about the ruler of this world (satan) being judged.

Romans 2:2-4; talk about hypocrisy when judging others.
Romans 2:5-7 says God will judge EVERY person according to their deeds. (not what they say they believe).
Romans 14:10; says we will all stand before the judgment seat of God.

2 Cor 5:10; also says we will all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, to be judged for our deeds "whether good or bad".

.. to be continued...

Loyal
2 Thess 1:5; talks about how righteous God's judgment is "that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God".

1 Tim 5:24; says the sins of some men "are quite evident" going before them to the judgment.

Hebrews 9:27; says we will all die, and after that comes the judgment.
Hebrews 10:26-27; may be the most controversial passage in the Bible, but regardless of whether these people were ever saved or not.. either way they will be judged and "the fury of a fire which will consume the adversaries".
Hebrews 10:29; more severe punishment for those who have "rejected the Son of God".

Many people take half verses... a half truth is a whole lie.
Some say we are judged by the law of liberty (James 2:12; )
but the very next verse says judgment will be merciless for people who do not show mercy.
This is similar to Matt 6:15; and Matt 18:35; which put a condition on forgiveness.

James 3:1; says for people who want to become teachers of the word to be careful, that they will incur a "stricter judgment".
Something for many of us here on TJ who profess to be Bible "experts" to keep in mind.

1 Peter 4:17; says judgment begins which those in the household of God. It then asks what will be the outcome of those who do obey the
Gospel of God?
2 Peter 2:9; says the unrighteous will be under punishment for the day of judgment.
2 Peter 3:11; says unGodly men will receive judgment and destruction.
Jude 15; say the unGodly will be judged. verse 21 warns us to keep ourselves "in the love of God".

Loyal
Finally in Revelation 20:11-13; we have the great white throne.
Verse 12 says everyone was judged according to their deeds.
Verses 13 also says the dead were judged according to their deeds.

Active
1 Cor 11:31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.

Phil 2:12 Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

1 Cor 5:1-5 It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping with his father’s wife. And you are proud! Shouldn’t you rather have gone into mourning and have put out of your fellowship the man who has been doing this? For my part, even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. As one who is present with you in this way, I have already passed judgment in the name of our Lord Jesus on the one who has been doing this. So when you are assembled and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, so that his spirit may be saved on the day of the Lord.

1 Cor 5:11-13But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

12 What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside 13 God will judge those outside. “Expel the wicked person from among you.”

Paul is pretty clear that our judgment is current. The bold and underlined points to Paul focusing on mortal sins. I would say Christianity 101 is being ready for judgment day so that there are no surprises. Our judgment of ourselves and one-day before God should go like this. We do sin, but we hate it Rom 7:15. We repent often and do not continue in mortal sins 1 Cor 6:9-13 .