• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Joseph's Lullaby - Thoughts

Staff Member
I listened to the below song, which I find quite beautiful, but one that also makes me as a father thoughtful in what it must have been like to raise and be the earthly father of Jesus as Joseph was. Below is also what the Angel of the Lord said unto Joseph in a dream.

As he considered this, an angel of the Lord appeared to him in a dream. "Joseph, son of David," the angel said, "do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife. For the child within her was conceived by the Holy Spirit. 21 And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins." Matthew 1:20-21 NLT

Were there other Heavenly communications? We are not told, but surely as a Jew, he would have had thoughts concerning what it meant to be the father of this child, who he was told would be the savior of his people.

Other questions come to mind, as a father who has conversations with his own son. Like, the differences between boy's and girl's; being respectful; the Word of God and the some of the meanings of things therein; responsibilities as a man...…….so many questions not the least of was "I'm filling the spot as your earthly father, but in truth I'm not"...….

I started to talk with my wife about this, after hearing the above song, but with the questions also came a time of laughter for she said to me "you're making my head hurt" LOL

However, while it is still fresh in my mind, I thought I bring this up here in the Cooler Forum. Nice spot to sit back and talk about things we may never know fully how it was, for this man of God called Joseph.

I hope you enjoy the song, and the conversation.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

P.S. I'm sure this can also be something that can be said concerning Mary, as the Mother of Jesus, but let's leave that for another thread. :cool: