• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

John 11: 23-24...... Is this what Nicodemus was thinking.

23 Jesus saith unto her, Thy brother shall rise again.

24 Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

Was this what Nicodemus was referring to, resurrection?

What in the Old Testament should Nicodemus have known when Jesus was talking to him.

John 3:4 Nicodemus saith unto him, How can a man be born when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?

10 Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

Loyal
As a pharisee Nicodemus would certainly have believed in the resurrection. The sadducees denied it.

The clearest Old Testament passage teaching resurrection is Daniel 12:2

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt

As a pharisee Nicodemus would certainly have believed in the resurrection. The sadducees denied it.

The clearest Old Testament passage teaching resurrection is Daniel 12:2

Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt

If Jesus did not dispute what Nicodemus was say That could only mean a literal resurrection from the dead,

How can a man be born again? Jesus said, you should know this.

Loyal
Literal resurrection of the dead is the foundation of our faith. Jesus the first fruits and us the whole harvest when the time comes.

But the conversation between Jedus and Nicodemus is about spiritual rebirth, which is different to the resurrection.

Literal resurrection of the dead is the foundation of our faith. Jesus the first fruits and us the whole harvest when the time comes.

But the conversation between Jedus and Nicodemus is about spiritual rebirth, which is different to the resurrection.

I appreciate your comments.

Let me ask you, is God limited, is He able to bring the dead back to life.

Is there a slight possibility that Jesus and Nicodemus knew passages about coming back to life.

They, Jews will not have new births but God will raise them from the graves.

Ezekiel 37:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Christians are the Body of Christ, He is the head. I believe where He goes we go but not sure. our destiny is heaven.

This is what Jesus was saying to Nicodemus," you must be born again.

Martha sister of Lazarus new about this resurrection, they also called it the renewal.

Do you think there is a slight chance I may be right?

If NO, give me a definitive answer of why you think you are right.

Loyal
I'm sure Nicodemus knew the passages about the resurrection. Jesus calls him 'Israel's teacher'. And of course God is able to raise the dead.

I'm not quite clear what your understanding of these passages is, so can't say I agree fully or not.

Jesus never defines what he means by being 'born again'. I think the best way to understand it is as a complete restart of life filled with the Holy Spirit and in submission to Lord Jesus.

So anyone who wants to be resurrected into the fullness of God's kingdom will need to start by being born again. Exactly the same for Jew and gentile.

I'm sure Nicodemus knew the passages about the resurrection. Jesus calls him 'Israel's teacher'. And of course God is able to raise the dead.

I'm not quite clear what your understanding of these passages is, so can't say I agree fully or not.

Jesus never defines what he means by being 'born again'. I think the best way to understand it is as a complete restart of life filled with the Holy Spirit and in submission to Lord Jesus.

So anyone who wants to be resurrected into the fullness of God's kingdom will need to start by being born again. Exactly the same for Jew and gentile.

I appreciate what you are saying

Let me ask you, is God limited. Does He have the power to bring people back from the dead.

Nicodemus wondered how can I go back into my mothers womb. Jesus told him, you are a teacher you should know this.

What were the Jews suppose to know from the O. T.

They, Jews will not be new births but God will raise them from the graves.

Ezekiel 37:5-6 King James Version (KJV)
5 Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath to enter into you, and ye shall live:

6 And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord.

Christians are the Body of Christ, He is the head. I believe where He goes we go but not sure. our destiny is heaven.

This is what Jesus was saying to Nicodemus," you must be born again.

Martha sister of Lazarus knew about this resurrection, they also called it the renewal.

Is there a slight possibly that is what Jesus meant.

if no explain, definitively

Loyal
'Born again' is a metaphor -- Nicodemus takes the idea literally and Jesus tells him he's misunderstanding what is being said. Resurrection is a physical reality for everyone who belongs to Christ. I don't see there's anything in the Bible that suggests there could be a difference between Jews and Gentiles in this respect.

'Born again' is a metaphor -- Nicodemus takes the idea literally and Jesus tells him he's misunderstanding what is being said. Resurrection is a physical reality for everyone who belongs to Christ. I don't see there's anything in the Bible that suggests there could be a difference between Jews and Gentiles in this respect.

Proverbs 14:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Your words are empty.

show me the Scriptures then it will mean something

Loyal
Proverbs 14:12 King James Version (KJV)
12 There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.

Your words are empty.

show me the Scriptures then it will mean something
What a nasty response. I've given an honest answer to your question. If you're not able to communicate peacefully I'd rather not engage.

What a nasty response. I've given an honest answer to your question. If you're not able to communicate peacefully I'd rather not engage.

Sir your word's, your opinion.

I gave you verse from the Bible.

where are your references, do you have any

without bible verses our words mean nothing.

that why we use the bible to answer question

be patient and look for the answers in the bible.