• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Job 9:33-35

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Job 9:33-35

KJV 33 Neither is there any days man betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both. 34 Let him take his rod away from me, and let not his fear terrify me: 35 Then would I speak, and not fear him; but it is not so with me.

Job 9:33-35 Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

33 Neither is there any arbiter between us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

34 Let him take his tormentor away from me, and his terror will not perturb me.

35 Then I would speak and not fear him, because in this state I am not myself.

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB) 2000, 2001, 2010 by LIFE SENTENCE Publishing

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

33 Jesus can now step between us and the Father but Job had no knowledge of Jesus or grace that scripture tells us about today. There were many Job knew that could hold him accountable but there was no one who could hold God accountable because He is perfect.

34 Job felt like God was punishing him to be thru a trial feels like to us at times a punishment but it is what we need at times for growth and because God is wanting us to grow it is not meant to be a punishment. God already planned on blessing Job on the other side of this trial and sometimes knowing that blessing from God is there on the other side helps carry us thru the trial.

35 Job knew that while he was not perfect that he was not as bad as they were saying and that each time he was sinful he seeked God’s forgiveness, we are to do the same seek God’s grace because we are not perfect.