• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Job 9:27-30

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Job 9:27-30
KJV 27 If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my heaviness, and comfort myself: 28 I am afraid of all my sorrows, I know that thou wilt not hold me innocent. 29 If I be wicked, why then labour I in vain? 30 If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;

Job 9:27-30 Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

27 If I say, I will forget my complaint, I will leave off my heaviness and comfort myself;
28 I am afraid of all my troubles; I know that thou wilt not hold me guiltless.
29 If I am wicked, why then shall I toil in vain?
30 If I wash myself with snow water and make my hands never so clean;

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB) 2000, 2001, 2010 by LIFE SENTENCE Publishing

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

27 To mask pain with a smile did not take away Job’s pain, him smiling nd acting as if nothing was wrong did not bring him comfort. Sometimes we are to prone to make a situation look better but not actually fix the problem.

28 Job knew he was not perfect but he also knew that he was not as bad as his friends were saying he was, people may try to make us seem like we are worse then we actually are.

29 Job had a poor attitude, we as Christians are guilty of sin but Jesus died for that sin his attitude is the same as if I am going to sin then why should I try to overcome it, yes we will still sin but because we have Jesus we are to strive to be more and more like Him.

30 Job knew that his sin was more then just making his body unclean. Job knew that his soul could not be made clean by bathing, it takes the blood of the Lamb.

Active
Job had a poor attitude, we as Christians are guilty of sin but Jesus died for that sin his attitude is the same as if I am going to sin then why should I try to overcome it, yes we will still sin but because we have Jesus we are to strive to be more and more like Him.
I like Job and will not criticize him. He was being honest here, for that very thought used to shoot into my mind...but it was a dart from the devil. By the grace of God, I have been forgiven, being forgiven and will again be forgiven BUT absolutely aim to keep my attitude right! and need to confess, repent and realign myself to God's ways!