• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Job 9:17-19

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Job 9:17-19 King James Version (KJV)
17 For he breaketh me with a tempest, and multiplieth my wounds without cause.
18 He will not suffer me to take my breath, but filleth me with bitterness.
19 If I speak of strength, lo, he is strong: and if of judgment, who shall set me a time to plead?

Job 9:17-19 Lexham English Bible (LEB)

17 who crushes me with a tempest
and multiplies my wounds without cause.
18 He will not allow me to catch my breath;
rather, he will fill me with bitterness.
19 If it is a matter of strength, look, he is mighty.
But if it is a matter of justice, who can summon me?

Lexham English Bible (LEB) 2012 by Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

17 Struggles in the Christian walk are often referred to as storms, Storms often times cause any unneeded luggage to be removed, the storms also causing us to draw closer to Him, there is always a reason for going thru the storm. The storm can always cause us to be stronger thru Him. This storm was to test Job’s faith.

18 While Job was grieving lose he ended up losing more until he almost lost everything he had. Job never could have nay relief, there may be times in our life where it seems like everything is going against us and we can’t catch a break, this is how Job felt.

19 Job was asking what his friends expected him to do, Job was not trying to think he could take God to court he knew better than that but was wondering where their thinking was.