• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Job 9:14-16

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Job 9:14-16 King James Version (KJV)
14 How much less shall I answer him, and choose out my words to reason with him?
15 Whom, though I were righteous, yet would I not answer, but I would make supplication to my judge.
16 If I had called, and he had answered me; yet would I not believe that he had hearkened unto my voice.

Job 9:14-16 Lexham English Bible (LEB)
14 How much less can I myself answer him?
How can I choose my words with him,
15 whom I cannot answer, even though I am righteous?
From my judge I must implore grace.
16 If I summon him, and he should answer me,
I do not believe that he will listen to my voice—

Lexham English Bible (LEB) 2012 by Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

14 We can answer God, we can not out think Him, we only can point to the cross and let Christ answer for us but Job had no knowledge of the Savior but only had a hope for the Advocate because he knew he needed someone who could plead his case before God.

15 Job knew even though he was righteous that he needed the Lord’s mercy, he also was aware that God was His judge. God is our judge and the only way to in the case is for it to be in grace thru Jesus.

16 Job knew that the Lord may not even let him speak; Job had humbleness towards God. If God let Job speak it would be not only for Him to listen but for Job to hear his own words, God don’t have to have us speak to know what is on our minds and hearts.