• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Job 7:17-19

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Job 7:17-19 King James Version (KJV)
17 What is man, that thou shouldest magnify him? and that thou shouldest set thine heart upon him?

18 And that thou shouldest visit him every morning, and try him every moment?

19 How long wilt thou not depart from me, nor let me alone till I swallow down my spittle?

Job 7:17-19 Lexham English Bible (LEB)

17 “Whatisa human being that you make him great
and thatyou fix your mind on him,
18 so thatyou visit himevery morning,
you test himevery moment?
19 How longwill you not turn away from me?
Ornot leave me alone until I swallowf]" style="box-sizing: border-box">[f]my spit?

Lexham English Bible(LEB) 2012 byLogos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark ofLogos Bible Software

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

17 Job may be questioning the Lord but could also be asking his friends that were with him, this is a good question for us to ask ourselves, if it is out of anything but love then it is for the wrong reasons.

18 We should not try to test people to bring them down but only to bring them up and see if they are ready for something better. When church leaders are chosen there should be a testing period to see if they can handle it because even though they are qualified they may not be able to handle it and this is a reason for testing.

19 Job was in awful place and was starting to become bitter and anger because of his condition. We should allow on conditions to help us grow and not hurt our growth but this is not easy, the Lord was there for Job to turn to the entire time of his struggle but Satan sent men that hurt Job to distract him and this is the same way he works today.