• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Christ centered community forums.

Join over 10,000 worldwide members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to night mode (or back to light/default theme) simply click on the "Site Menu" icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Job 15:31-32

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Job 15:31-32 King James Version (KJV)
31 Let not him that is deceived trust in vanity: for vanity shall be his recompence.
32 It shall be accomplished before his time, and his branch shall not be green.

Job 15:31-32 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)

31 Let him not put trust in worthless things, being led astray,
for what he gets in exchange will prove worthless.
32 It will be accomplished before his time,
and his branch will not flourish.

Christian Standard Bible (CSB) The Christian Standard Bible. Copyright © 2017 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Christian Standard Bible®, and CSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers, all rights reserved.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

31 We shouldn’t trust in evil but instead trust and follow the Lord. If we follow evil then evil will be returned to us but if we follow the Lord then good will be returned to us from Him the Way He wants it.

32 When we die what happens in our life will be to late, we need to serve the Lord now and let our life His and by Him we have true life.

@clark thompson

I was wondering why it was written like that however i see that I needed to read at least from verse 22 and 20 to get a fuller context when it comes to the KJV.
The verses in the Christian Standard Bible seem more standalone but they don't give the context of who that him is.
KJV mentions that him is one who is deceived but like i said i needed to read at least verse 20 and 22 "onward" to get the fuller context which i think is better overall.

what we trust is what we will be rewarded. "that was my takeaway"

slight misgivings because i can be a contrarian but overall i see the concept of your thoughts and i do perceive them to be valid.

Last edited: