• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Job 12:21-23

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Job 12:21-23 King James Version (KJV)
21 He poureth contempt upon princes, and weakeneth the strength of the mighty.
22 He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out to light the shadow of death.
23 He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.

JuliaSmith 21 Proving contempt upon nobles, and he slackened the girdle of the strong. 22 Revealing deep things from darkness, and he will bring to light the shadow of death. 23 Making great to the nations, and he will destroy them: he spread out to the nations, and he will guide them.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

21 God can humble leaders and rulers. God has more power then any ruler or leader.

22 God sent light, His name is Jesus. He is the light of the world but this is also a reference to the sun which Job is speaking of here. Light bring life because often times in dark places there is death because without light there is no life.

23 God can bring nations and allow nations to rise but He can also knock down or let nations fall.

Loyal
22 He discovereth deep things out of darkness, and bringeth out to light the shadow of death.
23 He increaseth the nations, and destroyeth them: he enlargeth the nations, and straiteneth them again.

JuliaSmith 21 Proving contempt upon nobles, and he slackened the girdle of the strong. 22 Revealing deep things from darkness, and he will bring to light the shadow of death. 23 Making great to the nations, and he will destroy them: he spread out to the nations, and he will guide them.

21 God can humble leaders and rulers. God has more power then any ruler or leader.

22 God sent light, His name is Jesus. He is the light of the world but this is also a reference to the sun which Job is speaking of here. Light bring life because often times in dark places there is death because without light there is no life.

23 God can bring nations and allow nations to rise but He can also knock down or let nations fall.
Clarke my friend...I'll share my thoughts on this with you...Read from verse 1 then when you reach verse 25 turn the page and read Chapter 13 and continue reading to the end of Job's diatribe...
My thoughts then....You take too small a bite Clarke...Take a big bite. See the context...Yes the three verses you quoted say what you said my you are missing the big picture...Job was hurting, his friends crapping on him, and his answer......Read it my friend

Loyal

Our God and Lord Jesus Christ is far above all rule and authority, power and dominion. God the Father has placed all things under Jesus’ feet. He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. In everything he has the supremacy. Amen! He is the ruler of God’s creation; the head over every power and authority; and all angels, authorities and powers are in submission to him. Praise God! In that we can rest secure, knowing that God rules supreme over all. [See: Eph. 1:15-23; Col. 1:15-20; Rev. 3:14; Col. 2:9-10; & 1 Pet. 3:21-22.]

Supremacy – power, reign, sovereignty, authority, control

Sovereignty – dominion, control, authority, dominance,

Head – control, rule, command