• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Job 10:18-20

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Job 10:18-20

KJV 18 Wherefore then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the ghost, and no eye had seen me! 19 I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave. 20 Are not my days few? cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little,

Job 10:18-20 Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

18 Why then hast thou brought me forth out of the womb? Oh that I had given up the spirit and no eye had seen me!

19 I should have been as though I had not been; I should have been carried from the womb to the grave.

20 Are not my days few? Cease then, and let me alone, that I may take comfort a little,

Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB) 2000, 2001, 2010 by LIFE SENTENCE Publishing

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

18 Job was unhappy being born because of what he was going thru everything he held dear he had lost he even thought God turned against him. He wanted to be dead to have had no human contact but Job being righteous would have had influence that made difference in others life prior to this and we have his story today so Job was important and God had a purpose for everything and this is what we have to hold onto during our struggles.

19 This is what Job was thinking due to his condition and often struggles can put us into like depression but God will often times bring friends our way that we matter to if not we still mattered enough for Christ to die for us and this means we have value.

20 Job was hoping that since he wasn’t dead that God would end his life soon Job wasn’t considering taking his own life but wanting God to take it but God had bigger things still left for Job and often times God has bigger things for us on the other side of a struggle. Job could not enjoy his time with the attitude he had but his friends were making him feel worse.