• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Jesus not in their lives anymore?

I don't know the names of any bands that have been this
way, but my friends showed me a song the other day,
and they shook their heads saying, 'its a shame they no
longer sing for God, but for money'.
That's horrible!! Does anyone know of any bands
that this is happening to? It's a shame that some people make some
good music, but then once the money comes rolling in,
God is out of the picture...

Just because they sing for a living does not necessarily mean they are no longer Christian. It is always disappointing to see folks move into the secular market but sometimes that is the way they go to make $ to raise families, pay bills etc.
Some may walk away but others may just have this for a job.

Active

RJ

Just because they sing for a living does not necessarily mean they are no longer Christian. It is always disappointing to see folks move into the secular market but sometimes that is the way they go to make $ to raise families, pay bills etc.
Some may walk away but others may just have this for a job.

Amen, only God truly knows what's in a Man's heart!

wow

I didn't know God was limited in His power!? I thought our trust and reliance is in Him and not in the secular world.

lets examine ourselves to see we are in the faith, walking according to the Word of God

I didn't know God was limited in His power!? I thought our trust and reliance is in Him and not in the secular world.

lets examine ourselves to see we are in the faith, walking according to the Word of God

Personally I would do it but I offer no condemnation and I can't see Jesus doing so either. If playing ordinary music can damage your faith then it is weak indeed.

I was referring to those that sang for God,
but gave up their faith, as in they no longer
believe in Him. I don't remember which band, but they
made Christian songs, and then started making anti-religion
songs....

Once a true born again believer always a true born again believer. It is God who saves.

But I can understand people leaving the ministry because of self.
And I can understand people who thought they were called into the ministry but never were really called. They just thought they were.

I knew of one guy who worked creating Christian albums for artists who said he did this for the ministry. He had a cheap watch on worth $25,000.
With that said I think I can understand the influences within the environment of the entertainment world.

I met the drummer Liberty Devitto once, a drummer for Billy Joel, but he seemed 100% down to earth kind of guy so much so that I did not even know he was famous. (I mentioned this because he came to visit our church one time)
So dannibear trust in God for his grace more and more as you look forward to the Lords return. Remember the books will be opened and at that time no one will be without excuse. Whether unsaved with total separation from God or saved with the works of the flesh being burned up.

Last edited:
Once a true born again believer always a true born again believer. It is God who saves.

But I can understand people leaving the ministry because of self.
And I can understand people who thought they were called into the ministry but never were really called. They just thought they were.

I knew of one guy who worked creating Christian albums for artists who said he did this for the ministry. He had a cheap watch on worth $25,000.
With that said I think I can understand the influences within the environment of the entertainment world.

I met the drummer Liberty Devitto once, a drummer for Billy Joel, but he seemed 100% down to earth kind of guy so much so that I did not even know he was famous.
So dannibear trust in God for his grace more and more as you look forward to the Lords return. Remember the books will be opened and at that time no one will be without excuse. Whether unsaved with total separation from God or saved with the works of the flesh being burned up.

thank you for that thought :) I will certainly keep hoping upon His return

first judge not...
second what band or artist are you talking about
third their are several secular artist who are born again like L.L. Cool J. and Salt from salt and pepper so as i started with JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED

first judge not...
second what band or artist are you talking about
third their are several secular artist who are born again like L.L. Cool J. and Salt from salt and pepper so as i started with JUDGE NOT LEST YE BE JUDGED

Hello 1seeking him, glad to meet you. May God encourage you here as well.
I am so glad on what you wrote in response to this thread. Because believe it or not I am sure those of us who have been born again by Gods Spirit would not want to judge anyone in regard to what God tells us.
But there is a difference between judgment and discernment.
In Gods word he tells us to test the spirits to see whether they are of God or not. So if someone who claims to be a Christian but lives like the devil you wonder what their spiritual growth is and if they really know the Lord in the first place. This is not judging their actions this is loving them for the best that they can be for themselves and others but most of all for God by being born again in the first place.

PS. For all of us Gods books will be opened and at that time no one will be without excuse. Whether unsaved with total separation from God or saved with the works of the flesh being burned up. So let us run the race, and yes sometimes we fall but if we are called then we will get up and run again. Im in last place :)

I don't remember the name of the band, or artists,
and I would ask my friend again...but he passed away last Sunday...