• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Jesus is a Fact of History

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Every secular historian who has any merit admits the fact that Jesus Christ lived, regardless of what he or she believes about Him. In his outline of history, H.G. Wells listed the ten greatest men of history and number one on the list was Jesus Christ.

There is no way to explain the fact that the Christian church is here apart from the fact that Jesus Christ was here. And what did the early church preach? Not only that Jesus was here, but also that Jesus walked out of the grave. How do you explain that?

Somebody says, "Well, they must have made up the story. They just claimed they touched him, just claimed they ate with him." Oh? These men who died for their faith? Do you think they would willingly, knowingly die? A man may live for a lie, but few would die for a lie.

John 6:66-69 says, "From that time many of His disciples went back, and walked no more with Him. Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away? Then Simon Peter answered Him, Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that Thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God."

--Adrian Rogers

Miracles Today?

We look at the miracles we see today as we preach the 'gospel'. People without hope, given hope......in Jesus
Folks without a future, given a future....in Jesus.

People bound by all kinds bondage, set free ....by His power.

When I was a young man.....in my early 20s. I ran a branch Sunday School in a coal mining village just 5 miles from where I live today. I stayed on for 14 years and grew a church. We bought some land and we put up a permanent building.

Last year that building was demolished, but not before a new 'facility' was erected 'free of charge'. The investment all those years ago (when I was young) in 'land' ....afforded the sale of some of it last year which funded a modern church building.

People in that congregation today are now in their 80s and 90s, of years of age. They were saved 50 years ago when I was there as a youth serving Jesus.....and they are still saved today, 50 years later. Hallelujah. These are the miracles we enjoy.

I'm Possess'd of a hope that is steadfast and sure, Since Jesus came into my heart.
And no dark clouds of doubt now my pathway obscure, Sinc Jesus came into my heart.

Floods of joy or my soul like the sea billowas roll..........