• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Jesus Fulfilled The Law

Active
Adam was created in God image and likeness to obey and fulfill all that God required of him. However, because Adam chose to disobey God's commandment and eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, he sinned. As a result of Adam's transgression, his nature of sin was inherited by all born into this world through the imputation of God (Rom. 5:19). The verse just read teaches a man is either a sinner or a righteous man - no man can be both (Rom. 6:20, 22). Because of Adam's sin, God's spoken word was left incomplete and unfulfilled. God's word cannot come back unto Him void - it must be fulfilled or His word could not be considered everlasting Righteous and Faithful. This is why Jesus was destined to complete God's spoken word, (which man left open-ended), and reconcile man back unto his creator, Lord and Father of Righteousness.

Jesus who is the word of God, made flesh, came to fulfill the righteousness that Adam failed to accomplish for all mankind. By Jesus doing this, He would accomplish several things. Jesus would fulfill the law of righteousness and "reverse" the nature of sin for believers through the exchange of the atonement (Rom. 5:11). Jesus would also fulfill the Law of Moses which Israel failed to obey (Mat. 5:18; Luk. 24:44). In both cases the covenant was broken and man was left in the disobedient nature of sin. Through Jesus Christ's obedience, He fulfilled the Adamic covenant and fulfilled the Mosaic covenant "reversing" how God views believers as righteous and unrighteous. Israel was considered righteous when they did well, and they were considered unrighteousness when they did evil. All believers are now considered righteous, regardless of their works, if they are born again of the righteous nature of Christ Jesus. All unbelievers are considered unrighteous and condemned because "sin is condemned (Rom. 8:2,3).

Because Jesus fulfilled all God's requirements of righteousness, on the behalf of man, God no longer sees all men in a state of unrighteousness - sin. God saw all men in this world as unrighteous and sinners, but those that believe in Jesus Christ, He sees as "only" righteous until the Day of Judgment. This is because Jesus condemned sin and death through His Righteous obedience fulfilling the everlasting covenant of Righteousness that can never be changed or broken. Those that believe are in the body of Christ, where there is no sin, which also is impossible for the believer "in" Christ to commit sin (1Joh. 3:5).The identity of the believer is not considered as a fleshly being or spiritual member of this world, "IN" the flesh, but a member of the body of Christ; in whom only righteousness dwells.

Loyal
I can never "fulfull" an empty glass. I can fill it it. But I can't fulfill it, unless it already has something in it.

Active
@B-A-C,
It was never your position to fulfill what was only for Jesus Christ to fulfill. Your responsibility is to put on the righteousness of Christ, which is the character of Love (Eph. 4:22-24). Loving your neighbor as yourself. By doing this you are sure to inherit the Kingdom.

Romans 8:4
That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Active
@B-A-C,
If I was not led by the Spirit of God it would show in my posts. I strive to keep myself in the Spirit of Christ. God has told us as believers to "strive" to enter in at the straight gate (Luk. 13:23,24). It's a struggle at times, but I exercise Godliness daily, which makes it easier. I believe I've been keeping my spirit/mind in the mind of Christ as far as my conduct is concerned even on this forum. This shows my growth to myself and The Lord. The Righteousness of God is being fulfilled in me.

Have a Merry Christmas and God Bless.