• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Jesus forgives sin

Loyal
Jesus forgives sin. Hmmm.... what a profound thing to say.
Well all Christians know this, and believe this... right? Yes and no.

Jesus forgives sins. Have you ever really stopped to consider what that means?
He died for your sins, He took them upon Himself and carried them to the cross for you. He paid the price for them.

He died, He suffered, He bled.... for you. For your sins. Have you forgotten?

Oh yeah, of course He did. It's ME we are talking about after all... not the rest of those stupid wretches. Most of them aren't even really saved.
Really? Are you really better than them? Are you really less of a sinner than them? Are you deceiving yourself?

Jesus forgives sin.
He is the only one who could. Oh I suppose I forgive a sin that you did against me personally. If you stole money from me or lied to me... maybe I could forgive you for those things.
But what about all those other sins that weren't against me specifically? I can't forgive those. Only God can. And ultimately God even forgives the sins, that I forgave you for as well.

Jesus forgives sins. God forgives sins. Only God can forgive sins.

Mark 2:7; "Why does this Man speak blasphemies like this? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"
Luke 5:21; And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason, saying, "Who is this who speaks blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God alone?"

The scribes and Pharisees weren't wrong. Only God can forgive sins. ... and yet, Jesus forgave sins, and still does. What does that imply.
Jesus is God. If He wasn't, He couldn't forgive sins.
Jesus didn't have to pay the price for your sins. In fact, for a moment He didn't want to. He told the Father, not MY will, but yours. It was the Father's will that our sins be forgiven.

Matt 26:39; He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will."
Luke 22:42; saying, "Father, if it is Your will, take this cup away from Me; nevertheless not My will, but Yours, be done."
John 6:38; For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me.

Jesus forgives sins. He is the one who paid for them. He is the only one who can. Only God can forgive sins. Jesus is God.
The Father is God also. ..and He forgives sins also.

Matt 6:15; But if you do not forgive men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.
Mark 11:26; But if you do not forgive, neither will your Father in heaven forgive your trespasses."

Jesus forgives sins. If Jesus never would have came and paid the price, none of our sins would have ever been forgiven.
The Son of God, God Himself, our Creator, the Creator of all things.... forgives you... YOU.... (insert your name here)... you are forgiven!!
Have you thought about what that cost Jesus? Do you take that for granted?

Matt 9:6; But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"—then He said to the paralytic, "Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house."
Mark 2:10; But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"—He said to the paralytic,
Luke 5:24; But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"—He said to the man who was paralyzed, "I say to you, arise, take up your bed, and go to your house."

Jesus forgives sin.

Active
Luke 23:32 And two others, malefactors, were also led with him to be put to death.
23:33 And when they came unto the place which is called Skull, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right and the other on the left.
23:34 And Jesus said, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do. And parting his garments among them, they cast a lot.

Active
Yes , forgiven for previous sins, but if you wilfully keep sinning then you will be not forgiven. Dont take what Jesus did on the cross for granted.

I Know Jesus forgives sin and died for our sins.

I believed this and prayed for all with sin................. THEN............I was led to read (I believe in the book of Romans) that God allowed those who found it inconvenient to keep God in their mind to go their own way, referring to homosexuals (men and women). I SUFFERED much pain mentally, physically, and spiritually because of praying for ALL when God allowed the homosexuals (Sins against the body--???) to GO THEIR OWN WAY. -----So, God does forgive all sin, BUT regarding the '[sins against the body (Sexual sins)]' maybe not so much. Let me explain IF we as Christians have done such sins, we are forgiven but still, must account for our actions. God reaches DOWN to us-the believers, BUT in relation to unbelievers who do such things, they must reach UP. I believe that God REACHES down for all sinners except the unbelievers who do these sins against the body. They must REACH UP TO GOD!

In relation to the last message, I posted about 'Jesus forgives sin and died for our sins'. When I said that those that commit such sins as those against the body and that Jesus helps us, believers, that have done such sin & that we still must answer for what we did while in the body of Christ. I met that, it is not that Jesus doesn't want to forgive the sins of the unbelievers with sins against their bodies and that they must reach UP to him, BUT that like all, (believers were unbelievers before they became believers BECAUSE they/ we ACCEPT Jesus's death on the cross as atonement for our sins), they (the unbelievers )much reach UP and accept Jesus's love and forgiveness then God will reach DOWN and help them. Father wants all to come to repentance and accept him, accept his love and forgiveness in Jesus His (God the Father's) Only Begotten Son!