• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Jesus commanded them

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Jesus commanded them.
Were the Jews require to obey?
When could they stop obeying this commandment; did they stop?

What do you think about this passage.

Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.

Loyal
Mar 16:15 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. (NLT)

Mar 16:15 And then he told them, “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone. (NLT)
If {Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.}

Why after several years after the resurection Paul Said," it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation"

why does Paul think it 's unlawful, please give me a scripture....What happen to the Good News to everyone.

Acts 10:28 King James Version (KJV)

28 And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

{Why after several years after the resurection, Jewish believers in Christ, "
contended with him" in other words they are argued with Paul about eating Ham sandwiches with gentiles}

Acts 11:2-3 King James Version (KJV)

2 And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, ....
Why did Jews argue with Peter instead of Preaching to the World the Good News? This is several years after resurection

3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.

Loyal
If {Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone.}

Why after several years after the resurection Paul Said," it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation"

why does Paul think it 's unlawful, please give me a scripture....What happen to the Good News to everyone.

Acts 10:28 King James Version (KJV)

And he said unto them, Ye know how that it is an unlawful thing for a man that is a Jew to keep company, or come unto one of another nation; but God hath shewed me that I should not call any man common or unclean.

{Why after several years after the resurection, Jewish believers in Christ, "
contended with him" in other words they are argued with Paul about eating Ham sandwiches with gentiles}

Acts 11:2-3 King James Version (KJV)

And when Peter was come up to Jerusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him, ....
Why did Jews argue with Peter instead of Preaching to the World the Good News? This is several years after resurection

3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men uncircumcised, and didst eat with them.
The "gentiles" were considered "unclean" by the Jews under the Old Testament (which Jesus lived under), but Peter said,

Act 10:28 And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean.

The gentiles under the New Testament were not considered "unclean, or common" as under the Old Testament!

Later the Apostle Paul scolded Peter when he said to him.....

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

The only manner in which every member of the body of Christ is to live is according to the truth. ALL men are to have the Gospel preached to them which includes Jew, and gentile!

The "gentiles" were considered "unclean" by the Jews under the Old Testament (which Jesus lived under), but Peter said,

Act 10:28 And he said to them, “You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with or to visit anyone of another nation, but God has shown me that I should not call any person common or unclean.

The gentiles under the New Testament were not considered "unclean, or common" as under the Old Testament!

Later the Apostle Paul scolded Peter when he said to him.....

Gal 2:11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed.

Gal 2:14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews?

The only manner in which every member of the body of Christ is to live is according to the truth. ALL men are to have the Gospel preached to them which includes Jew, and gentile!
Which Gospel? the one of the circumcision or the one of the uncircumcised?

Did the Jews in Acts 2 follow the Gospel taught by Paul?

Did the Jews in Acts 2 believed we are saved by grace or did they follow the Law?

Loyal
Didn't they try to combine both by requiring outward circumcision as well.?! Isn't that when inner circumcision was brought up rather than Outward?!

Didn't they try to combine both by requiring outward circumcision as well.?! Isn't that when inner circumcision was brought up rather than Outward?!
I don't know about the inner and the outer combination? :neutral: somebody please help us

Loyal
Well -- meaning that 'normal' circumcision is -- but by inner -- I mean of the heart along With salvation. Does That make more sense?!

Staff Member
Greetings @PloughBoy

I havent had a chance to see what replies there have been.

It can be so easy to isolate part of a verse or chapter and lose the whole picture.

It would make sense for the original poster to consider the context.when posing his question @rhern53

One thing we know for certain is that everything our Lord Jesus said was true. Nothing that came out of His mouth would ever need to be recanted.:love:

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

Greetings @PloughBoy

I havent had a chance to see what replies there have been.

It can be so easy to isolate part of a verse or chapter and lose the whole picture.
Isn't the post supposed to encourage participant to search the scripture for answers therefore encourage bible study?

Matthew 10:5-6 (NKJV) 5 These twelve Jesus sent out and commanded them, saying: “Do not go into the way of the Gentiles, and do not enter a city of the Samaritans. 6 But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

The answers are not always in the same chapter.

Jesus commanded them.
Were the Jews require to obey?
When could they stop obeying this commandment; did they stop?

What do you think about this passage.

Did Jesus ever recant this Commandment.
Jesus was bound by the Law of Moses and like all other faithful Jews, He had to abide by them.

Jesus came to finish the work of the Fathers from the Old Testament before He could start with the gentiles.