• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

It's not in the bible??

Loyal
The Holy Spirit is here to help us / lead us into all truth. He will not at anytime teach or show us something that conflicts with scripture.
I fully agree, but many here think the Holy Spirit is "ONLY" able to enliven the accepted scripture, to make it seem more real. But its to lead us and comfort us in all truth. It is to bring to mind "ALL" that Jesus said, not just that recorded in scripture. They see the Holy Spirit as weak and only able to re-tell us what is already written in accepted scripture.

Active
I fully agree, but many here think the Holy Spirit is "ONLY" able to enliven the accepted scripture, to make it seem more real. But its to lead us and comfort us in all truth. It is to bring to mind "ALL" that Jesus said, not just that recorded in scripture. They see the Holy Spirit as weak and only able to re-tell us what is already written in accepted scripture.

The problem with your line is that teaching anyone what you think the Holy Spirit told you that you think Jesus said that was not recorded in scripture can be what you heard from a demon on your shoulder.

It is a statement that opens the door to heresy. All Jesus said that needs to be heard and understood, is in scripture. Adding to it, should TERRIFY one. Rev 22:19 is the SCARIEST verse in the entire bible.

Loyal
The problem with your line is that teaching anyone what you think the Holy Spirit told you that you think Jesus said that was not recorded in scripture can be what you heard from a demon on your shoulder.

It is a statement that opens the door to heresy. All Jesus said that needs to be heard and understood, is in scripture. Adding to it, should TERRIFY one. Rev 22:19 is the SCARIEST verse in the entire bible.
Spoken like a true pharisee. But to your good, not all pharisee's were bad. Yes, people can mistake the leading of the Holy Spirit when its actually an evil spirit, its surely amazing that they were able to do it so much easier in the first century christian era. It's almost as if they learned the voice of the Holy Spirit, and to differentiate between evil spirits and the Holy Spirit. I suppose you think thats no longer possible like so many christians.

Active
Spoken like a true pharisee. But to your good, not all pharisee's were bad. Yes, people can mistake the leading of the Holy Spirit when its actually an evil spirit, its surely amazing that they were able to do it so much easier in the first century christian era. It's almost as if they learned the voice of the Holy Spirit, and to differentiate between evil spirits and the Holy Spirit. I suppose you think thats no longer possible like so many christians.
You're correct in that not all Pharisee were bad.
In fact, there are examples of those who knew of Jesus in truth but what most notice are the bad ones.
Second, we should "slow our roll" as it is the world against us and not us vs another.
We do need correct Scripture.
If I'm not 100% then I don't state as such.
The modern Pharisee is sadly too common.

Loyal
You're correct in that not all Pharisee were bad.
In fact, there are examples of those who knew of Jesus in truth but what most notice are the bad ones.
Second, we should "slow our roll" as it is the world against us and not us vs another.
We do need correct Scripture.
If I'm not 100% then I don't state as such.
The modern Pharisee is sadly too common.
Ahhh, but the bible alone group of modern day pharisees dislike those of us more in tune with the Holy Spirit. Just wondering when they'll turn into a Saul to persecute us or might even work with the one world church against those with the eyes to see. You know, take out the threats to their control, for they see themselves as the only true believers and people like me as heretics.

Loyal
Ahhh, but the bible alone group of modern day pharisees dislike those of us more in tune with the Holy Spirit. Just wondering when they'll turn into a Saul to persecute us or might even work with the one world church against those with the eyes to see. You know, take out the threats to their control, for they see themselves as the only true believers and people like me as heretics.
would it not be wonderful to be counted worthy to be persucated for Jesus name sake,

Loyal
would it not be wonderful to be counted worthy to be persucated for Jesus name sake,
I trust Jesus to carry me through any persecution that comes my way, but I am not one to glory in it. Persecution by the forces of the evil one is understood and I welcome that it heads my way versus those who are not able to handle it. But it saddens me when christians do it. Was Jesus happy when Judas sold him into the hands of the pharisees?

Active
I've heard people say that they don't believe God talks to people that's just showing that they r taught by man.. for it's written for those who have ears let them.. n
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: and I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, and no one shall snatch them out …

And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

Seems many take away from the Word n pick n choose what they believe sadly

We r told to call no one Teacher for there's only one

:broken_heart:

Active
There are those and those who are ignorantly wrong or brainwashed and both must be corrected.
The truth only comes from God and the Bible in context.
Too many are taught to cherry pick this and that and the laughably absurd statements and out of context arguments is wrong.
The Pharisee in whatever day, IMO, are a self imposed "police" of "You can't do that or..... Insert out of context verse or statement."

Loyal
Act 5:41 The apostles left the high council rejoicing that God had counted them worthy to suffer disgrace for the name of Jesus.

Rom 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Matthew 24: 21-22
21 For then shall be great TRIBULATION, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time(this current time), no, nor ever shall be.

22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Isaiah 26:20-21
20 Come, my people, enter thou into thy chambers, and shut thy doors about thee: hide thyself as it were for a little moment (seven years), until the indignation be overpast.

21 For, behold, the Lord cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity:
the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Romans 2:6-11
6 GOD will render to every MAN according to his deeds:

7 To them who by patient continuance in well doing seek for glory and honour and immortality, eternal life:

8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile;

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

11 For there is no respect of persons with GOD.

Revelation 11:15 and 18

15 ... The kingdoms OF THIS WORLD are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.

18 And the nations were(will be)angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be Judged(Daniel 12:2. Take a look), and that thou should give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and should destroy them which destroy the earth.

Get ready
To compare, here's two similar terrible situations

Psalm 34:19-Many are the afflictions of the righteous:but the Lord delivers him out of them all.
Acts 14:22-We must through much tribulation enter into the Kingdom of GOD.

The KING of DARKNESS,the Devil,showed to JESUS all the kingdoms of the world,the glory of them,and said:All will I give thee,if thou fall down and worship me.Mat.4:8-9.
Re.13:1&15:
1 I stood upon the sand of the sea(John was a citzen of Israel),and saw a(MAN)Beast rise up out of the sea(Gentile nations),having 7 heads,10 horns,upon his HORNS 10 crowns,and upon his heads a NAME of blasphemy.
15And he-MAN Beast of earth-Re.13:11-a false messiah-John 5:43-47,had power to give life unto the Beast's image,that the image should speak,who worships not the image must be killed.

Daniel 3:2-20
The KING sent to gather the princes,governors,the captains,the judges,the counsellors,all the rulers of the provinces,to come to the dedication of the image he had set up.They stood before the image and an herald cried:To you is commanded,O people,NATIONS,and languages,that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet,flute, harp,and all kinds of musick,ye fall down and worship the image the king has set up:Whoso falls not down and worships shall be cast into the burning fiery furnace.But Shadrach,Meshach,Abednego,O king,have not regarded thee,they serve not thy gods,nor worship the image you has set up.So in his rage and fury the KING commanded to bring them,and said:Is it true,O Shadrach,Meshach,Abednego,do not ye serve my gods,nor worship the IMAGE I have set up?When you hear the sound of the cornet,flute,harp,psaltery,and all kinds of musick,ye fall down and worship the image I have made;well: if not,ye shall be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace;who is that GOD that shall deliver you out of my hands?
O king,our GOD whom we serve is able to deliver us from furnace,thy hands,and we will not serve thy gods,nor worship the image you have set up .