• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

IT'S NINE O'CLOCK SOMEWHERE

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
WORD OF THE DAY (— Acts 2:13-15)

KJV: " 13. Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. 14. But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15. For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. "

"

MEDITATE ON THIS ( Make Every Hour Your Nine O'Clock Hour )

Did you know that you can make time stand still? We are all familiar with the concept of jet lag in which time adjust due to traveling over time zones. Now imagine that the time is 9 o'clock and you are in an airplane flying westward at a super-sonic speed of 1,000 mph. After an hour of flying, you would enter the previous time-zone and instead of your clock turning from 9:59 to 10 o'clock; time would move from 9:59 back to 9 o'clock. As you continued traveling at 1,000 mph after the 2nd hour of flying the same thing would happen again. Instead of it being 11 am because of 2 hours of flying, the time would move from 9:59 back to 9 o'clock. In essence, you would be maintaining your position on the Earth relative to the Sun. You would be flying at the same speed as the Earth would be rotating(1,000mph), however you would be doing so in the opposite direction. Thus the Sun would always be in the same part of the sky, and therefore time for you, or at least the chronological hour of the day, would remain the same.

Now you are probably thinking what in the world does this science and mathematical lesson have to do with the WORD of God, well I'm glad you asked. In our verse of the day it was the 3rd hour of the day, or 9 am in the morning since their day went from sunrise(6 am) to sunset (6 pm). The Holy Spirit had just descended upon Peter and the disciples, and the glory and power were plain to see as people speaking in all different languages could understand each other (Acts 2:1-5) . Those observing this scene didn't know what to make of it and attributed it
to drunkenness (Acts 2:13). However Peter replied and stated, "Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour(9 o'clock) of the day." In his response, Peter refuted the claims that they were drunk and as you read further in verse 17 and 18 he attributes the power to alignment with the Holy Spirit.

As Christians in the body of Christ, some of us have already passed our 9 o'clock hour and we are waiting for things to eventually rotate back our way for another go at 9 o'clock(the infilling of the Holy Spirit). We should all be aware that we don't have to and we should not wait. As in our airplane example, it is possible for us to stay perpetually in that 9th hour. Spiritually speaking this looks like keeping in constant alignment with God to allow the power of the Holy Spirit to flow in us continuously . The airplane can stay aligned with the Sun and remain in its 9th hour indefinitely by traveling at the same speed as the earth but in the opposite direction. Likewise, as Christians, we too can stay in our spiritual 9th hour if we keep up with the spiritual speed of the carnal world. However, we need to be traveling in the opposite direction of the world. Instead of passively going along with the rotation of the secular and Godless culture, we need to be going against it and fighting the lies of this carnal world with the truth found in the WORD of God. For the plane, doing so keeps it aligned with the Sun, for us, doing so keeps us aligned with Son, Jesus the Son. A 9 o'clock Christian is one who goes against the flow and is constantly transforming and renewing their minds (Romans 12:2)
at the pace at which God wants them to grow. In this constant rate of spiritual growth, though moving, one is able to remain still and perfectly aligned with the Son(Jesus).

Your brother in Christ,
-WNL

Thought of the week:

Keeping in sync with the Son of God means counteracting (traveling against) the ways of the world, and doing
so by matching its pace(speed). The world is racing at full speed towards hell (Isaiah 5:14, Habakkah 2:5 ), therefore
if we desire not to be swept away with it, let us also race at full speed but in the opposite direction towards
Jesus (Romans 10:13).

Prayer for the week:

Dear God, please allow me to remain in sync with you. Please let this moment from now on be a 9 o'clock moment for me. Help me to stand for truth in this Godless world, enabling me to stay in sync with you to receive a constant
outpouring of your Spirit. In Jesus name, I pray, Amen.