• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

It's All Your Fault

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Today one of our healthy cats just up and died it was a shock to all of us, my wife, our daughter the other cat, AND the dog. Later my Lady said that at least none of us was to blame. Now that caused a problem for me.
You see, there was a nine year old boy, he came home for lunch, from school, and his very pregnant mother was angry...again. She started pounding on him, jerking
him around by his hair, and the like. At one point he almost lost his balance and swung his arms to recover. In doing that, in all innocence, he slapped his mothers stomach. When the mother finished her workout she told the boy, "if this baby dies it will be your fault". The baby died!

The mother, he forgave years ago. But NO child should ever have to bear a burden like that! Not ever! So now the question remains... What did the child do with it? He could not talk to his parents, he could not talk to anybody about it. So...what did he do with it?
I begin to see that he put that load of excrement in with the other stuff in his backpack to carry for the rest of his life. He had to you see. He didn't know Jesus came to take all that off his shoulders. I wonder how that burden damaged him
The words we speak have such power! We carry the power of life and death in our words!
I have to go for a while. I'll see you later

Loyal
@Bendito

Yes, this is where do many people are. They continue to carry their own very substantial and seemingly unbearable burdens. This need not be, but it is. The problem is the problem that the Jewish people had before Jesus came to them. Their recourse then to God was to be through the Aaronic priests and the prophets. For over 400 years there had been no prophets and the priests were too often self-centered amassers of the things of the flesh.

Now we have a better Way available, but people so often do not even know what it is. Many preachers and ministers either also do not know or they are unwillingly to risk offending the ones seemingly on their side in order to preach and teach the more difficult but necessary parts of the truth that Jesus brought to us... What they withhold from people is Life and peace and all of the benefits that God has provided for us here and now. So many are concerned about what is to happen to them in the hereafter that they have lost sight of what Jesus offers to us now. By failing to see it many likely will also have lost the good they might have had in the hereafter.

Just one very simply thing to do:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light." Matt 11:28-30

Loyal
@Bendito

Yes, this is where do many people are. They continue to carry their own very substantial and seemingly unbearable burdens. This need not be, but it is. The problem is the problem that the Jewish people had before Jesus came to them. Their recourse then to God was to be through the Aaronic priests and the prophets. For over 400 years there had been no prophets and the priests were too often self-centered amassers of the things of the flesh.

Now we have a better Way available, but people so often do not even know what it is. Many preachers and ministers either also do not know or they are unwillingly to risk offending the ones seemingly on their side in order to preach and teach the more difficult but necessary parts of the truth that Jesus brought to us... What they withhold from people is Life and peace and all of the benefits that God has provided for us here and now. So many are concerned about what is to happen to them in the hereafter that they have lost sight of what Jesus offers to us now. By failing to see it many likely will also have lost the good they might have had in the hereafter.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
What a wonderful reply my friend! And its exactly right...Thank you for your Spirit filled answer

Active
@Bendito

Good post, but this, imparticularly, caught my eye..."So many are concerned about what is to happen to them in the hereafter that they have lost sight of what Jesus offers to us now."
Some don't realize we have already started our "eternity".

Loyal
Good post, but this, imparticularly, caught my eye..."So many are concerned about what is to happen to them in the hereafter that they have lost sight of what Jesus offers to us now."
Some don't realize we have already started our "eternity".
Even so..

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

What Jesus is saying is that there is no death before them/us IF we believe.

Active
Even so..

"And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this?" John 11:26

What Jesus is saying is that there is no death before them/us IF we believe.
Life is not determined by the condition of our "skin".

Active
I don't understand your meaning, your point here.
Hi, B',
Our life doesn't consist of things of the "flesh".
It consists of things of the Spirit.
Even if the vessel we walk in fades away, we will live forever...even without it.
Vessel, flesh, skin, are all the same thing.
To the reborn, they already belong to Christ.

Loyal
Hi, B',
Our life doesn't consist of things of the "flesh".
It consists of things of the Spirit.
Even if the vessel we walk in fades away, we will live forever...even without it.
Vessel, flesh, skin, are all the same thing.
To the reborn, they already belong to Christ.
Ok.....How does that relate to the OP? I mean...you've really lost me here. All what you say seems really nebulous...