• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

It has been over 30 years since I have heard a Christian even mention the "Gift of Languages" let alone a Testimony concerning this Gift.

Loyal
I think that is so strange, by mouth, by news paper, nor christian Magazines. If it seems up to them by testimony, the Gift of Languages do not exist.
It exist when I was in "Bible College", for some missionaries who came from our school, have gave testimonies at home coming time of the year.

For has hearing the testimony of others, even the personal stories that others have witness too, that others have told them of their experiences. It seems non-existence. Especially if there are almost 7,000, languages in the world. It is as the "Gift of Languages" has become a "Leprosy" conversation among christians.

Loyal
It exist when I was in "Bible College", for some missionaries who came from our school, have gave testimonies at home coming time of the year.

You're obviously going to the wrong church. Dozens of churches in this town practice it every week. Dozens of churches in the town I lived in before this did it as well.

Loyal
You're obviously going to the wrong church. Dozens of churches in this town practice it every week. Dozens of churches in the town I lived in before this did it as

Well what Languages are they speaking, and what countries and villages through out the world is GOD sending them too! And are they bringing some Converts back to American, and the Western World Testifying?
What you mean to tell me all of these churches you are referring to have people in them that cannot speak "English"! And God is giving them Gift of a Foreign Language, to speak unto the "Indigenous" people like God gave the Jews in the Book of "The Acts of The Apostles"? WOW!!! you have a great testimony!

Tell us about this!!! how many "languages" ! name them for us! WOW! Name them , these "Indigenous people, so we can give GOD the Praise! WOW!

Loyal
@PloughBoy Sure wish yellow font was not an option :)
I use "Night Mode" it has a "black back drop". a lot better in viewing all colors day and night. that white back drop is hard on my eyes.

Old folks need "Night Mode"! more easier on the eyes:eyes:

And you know me, for no one gives a heck what i say, or think.LOL!

Active
I think that is so strange, by mouth, by news paper, nor christian Magazines. If it seems up to them by testimony, the Gift of Languages do not exist.

For has hearing the testimony of others, even the personal stories that others have witness too, that others have told them of their experiences. It seems non-existence. Especially if there are almost 7,000, languages in the world. It is as the "Gift of Languages" has become a "Leprosy" conversation among christians.

You've just been hanging around the wrong places -

Loyal
You've just been hanging around the wrong places -
I don't thing you even read my post or comprehended what I was saying. :eyes: or maybe you are having problems with "English syntax" or english words.:eyes: for i have no idea what you are talking about. For me and you have a "Language" barrier between us. You are so stuck on the church that it seen the church has become your god. And you so worship it that it has made you blind to words that i am speaking. Idol worship does that to a individual. I am referring to the "Gift of Languages", for I do not know what the heck you are talking about!:confused:

Active
Couple points @PloughBoy
Is 'the phrase 'Gift of Languages' a Biblical phrase?
Is your statement " for I do not know what the heck you are talking about!: " really true

Loyal
Well what Languages are they speaking, and what countries and villages through out the world is GOD sending them too! And are they bringing some Converts back to American, and the Western World Testifying?
What you mean to tell me all of these churches you are referring to have people in them that cannot speak "English"! And God is giving them Gift of a Foreign Language, to speak unto the "Indigenous" people like God gave the Jews in the Book of "The Acts of The Apostles"? WOW!!! you have a great testimony!

It's not necessarily "my" testimony. But yes, they come from other countries and give their testimonies here. If this isn't happening in your church, maybe you're in the wrong place.
And yes, it is hundreds of Earthly languages. But also sometimes heavenly languages (the tongues of Angels)

I don't thing you even read my post or comprehended what I was saying. :eyes: or maybe you are having problems with "English syntax" or english words.

Yes some people have trouble with spelling, grammar, and syntax.

I am referring to the "Gift of Languages", for I do not know what the heck you are talking about!

..and yet you start off this thread saying...

If it seems up to them by testimony, the Gift of Languages do not exist.

(another spelling/grammar error). If this is their testimony, maybe they aren't true believers.

Mark 16:15; And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Mark 16:16; "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
Mark 16:17; "These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:18; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Because of the spelling/grammar errors above, I don't know exactly what you mean by "gift of languages". None of my Bibles use that specific working.

1Cor 12:1; Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware.

1Cor 12:4; Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Cor 12:5; And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord.
1Cor 12:6; There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
1Cor 12:7; But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
1Cor 12:8; For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
1Cor 12:9; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
1Cor 12:10; and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.

So, I'm not sure about the gift of "languages" per se. But there is definitely a gift of various tongues. Which would be different languages.

Act 2:4; And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
Act 2:5; Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6; And when this sound occurred, the crowd came together, and were bewildered because each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7; They were amazed and astonished, saying, "Why, are not all these who are speaking Galileans?
Act 2:8; "And how is it that we each hear them in our own language to which we were born?
Act 2:9; "Parthians and Medes and Elamites, and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
Act 2:10; Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the districts of Libya around Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11; Cretans and Arabs—we hear them in our own tongues speaking of the mighty deeds of God."

Loyal

(another spelling/grammar error) I have visited a few of the Bible colleges I attended.

The other Bible college I attended was sold a while back.

But I can tell you tongues, and testimonies about missions in other countries all over the world was alive and well in these places.

Loyal
It's not necessarily "my" testimony. But yes, they come from other countries and give their testimonies here. If this isn't happening in your church, maybe you're in the wrong place.
And yes, it is hundreds of Earthly languages. But also sometimes heavenly languages (the tongues of Angels)

Yes some people have trouble with spelling, grammar, and syntax.

..and yet you start off this thread saying...

(another spelling/grammar error). If this is their testimony, maybe they aren't true believers.

Mark 16:15; And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation.
Mark 16:16; "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved; but he who has disbelieved shall be condemned.
Mark 16:17; "These signs will accompany those who have believed: in My name they will cast out demons, they will speak with new tongues;
Mark 16:18; they will pick up serpents, and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover."

Because of the spelling/grammar errors above, I don't know exactly what you mean by "gift of languages". None of my Bibles use that specific working.

1Cor 12:1; Now concerning spiritual gifts, brethren, I do not want you to be unaware.

1Cor 12:4; Now there are varieties of gifts, but the same Spirit.
1Cor 12:5; And there are varieties of ministries, and the same Lord.
1Cor 12:6; There are varieties of effects, but the same God who works all things in all persons.
1Cor 12:7; But to each one is given the manifestation of the Spirit for the common good.
1Cor 12:8; For to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, and to another the word of knowledge according to the same Spirit;
1Cor 12:9; to another faith by the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healing by the one Spirit,
1Cor 12:10; and to another the effecting of miracles, and to another prophecy, and to another the distinguishing of spirits, to another various kinds of tongues, and to another the interpretation of tongues.

So, I'm not sure about the gift of "languages" per se. But there is definitely a gift of various tongues. Which would be different languages.

Act 2:4; And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit was giving them utterance.
Act 2:5; Now there were Jews living in Jerusalem, devout men from every nation under heaven.
Act 2:6; And when this sound occurred, the crowd came together, and were bewildered because each one of them was hearing them speak in his own language.
Act 2:7; They were amazed and astonished, saying, "Why, are not all these who are speaking Galileans?
Act 2:8; "And how is it that we each hear them in our own language to which we were born?
Act 2:9; "Parthians and Medes and Elamites, and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia,
Act 2:10; Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the districts of Libya around Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, both Jews and proselytes,
Act 2:11; Cretans and Arabs—we hear them in our own tongues speaking of the mighty deeds of God."
B-A-C, you said:
"So, I'm not sure about the gift of "languages" per se. But there is definitely a gift of various tongues. Which would be different languages."

I do see, you do not understand, what I am referring too, for many do not. For it is not meant for all to understand, only to a "chosen few". And if my language seems strange to you, for maybe it was made to be. Just maybe, there is an "interpreter" of "languages" in this mist."
So don't you or others be "Alarm" or offended in my speech and the words that i have posted. For maybe it was not meant for you.

But in the name of Jesus, The Son Of The LIVING GOD I am "Biblical Sound" in My Proclamation concern The Biblically Truth concerning The Biblical Term; "The Gift of Languages" and Its explanation and backed up By The Word of GOD! And i will not back DOWN, for On THE SOLID ROCK I STAND. For "petros" I do not stand, It is "PETRA" I take my stand, even wrap in the Proclamation of "Athanasius"!

International Standard Version (1 Cor. 14)
In the Law it is written, "By means of foreign languages and through the mouths of foreigners I will speak to this people, but even then they will not listen to me," declares the Lord.
New Living Translation
It is written in the Scriptures: “I will speak to my own people through strange languages and through the lips of foreigners. But even then, they will not listen to me,” says the LORD.
Aramaic Bible in Plain English
It is written in the law, “With foreign speech and with another language I shall speak with this people, and not even in this way will they hear me, says THE LORD JEHOVAH.”

WHY, is it so hard, for christians to understand that we have "SYNONYMS" of The word "LANGUAGE" or "LANGUAGES" in The English Language, and with a 'S' on the end of a word means "PLURAL"!

Synonyms; of the word Language: "Lingo", "Mother Tongue", "Speech", "Vocabulary", "Tongue".

It is nothing more than "Common Sense", The 1st RULE in "Biblical INTERPRETATION is "When the Plain Sense of Scripture MAKES "Common Sense" SEEK no Other SENSE"! [Biblical Hermeneutics 101]

O foolish Galatians! Who has bewitched you? Before your very eyes Jesus Christ was clearly portrayed as crucified. I would like to learn just one thing from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of the law, or by hearing with faith?
Are you so foolish? After starting in the Spirit, are you now finishing in the flesh?

For The Last Time The WORD is "LANGUAGES", and Stop believing Lies! " Lies only breeds more lies" and those Lies grow "ROOTS" and Those Roots become STRONG & DEEP So Strong and Deep many cannot pull them up, even once they come to the "knowledge" of "The TRUTH"! ROOTS! PLURAL!

"For our name is "Legions" for we are many"! "StrongHolds" after believing such nonsense for over 10-40 years a lot of christians refuse to look in the mirror after they Come to the knowledge of "The Truth" and The Root of "Pride" :pensive: have taken them and "REPENTANCE" have become a Difficult Hill to Climb.:pensive:
But not impossible, "For in "Christ Jesus" I can do All things":cool: "Choose you this day, The GOD, whom you will serve" How do you serve HIM, by believing "The Truth" and Once you believe it, you Walk In It!

Active
@PloughBoy I percieve you and I (and possibly others) are set aside for a very specific purpose, to remove the clean from the soiled. The soiled cannot and will not understand out prophecy nor our typed words, to them it is babble and nonsense. To the right people it is terrifying words and they will heed the message therein.

Loyal
Now that is a "Gift of Languages" they never learned the language or study it. They have the "Gift of Languages" a "s" on the end of the word "language" means more than one, "Plural' she does not have a "gift of a Language" she has the "Gift of Languages",:)

Active
It is always discussed...but are we speaking about earthly languages or as Paul says the one that NO MAN UNDERSTANDS? As for earthly languages there are those who are adept at learning multiple tongues or like Peter and Cornelius where the speaker speaking in their own language is heard by the hearers in their native tongue....