• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

It doesn't make sense

Active
Christianity doesn't make sense to me, or religion, for the matter;

I believe in God, but I can't explain it!

YOU people make sense to me, the world makes sense to me, right/wrong make sense to me, math and language make sense to me,

but when I am trying to explain God and the like, it's like I'm just losing my mind.

I haven't done anything to feel so uneasy and restless about this, but it's making me so restless and occasionally even suicidal. I keep thinking 'what the beep is going on' why the 'beep' am I feeling like this' etc

It's like what used to be depression or anxiety took a shift from 'okay, i'm depressed or anxious or sad or feeling guilty or shameful or proud' to 'oh my god what am I feeling right now, I am so uneasy.

I do not go around hurting or harming people,. and I don't go around looking for people to exploit, but I can't fit 'God' into my mental model and it's like the more I try and put this concept of 'God' into words I just can't

For me, God is all in all; everything and everything, but if I even try and say 'God this or God that' it's like i'm immediately lost and I can't draw any conclusions. I have always believe in God, and I have always done as rightly as I could (occasionally stumbling), but what the heck am I going through that makes me feel so detached/disconnected? It's like I can't rest and I really don't know why. Depression? Mental illness? Anxiety?

sometimes I feel so desperate.

It's like the more I try and explain it the worse it gets.

Active
honestly I'm not okay

struggling really badly from depression/anxiety/religion

it's like I'm losing my mind

i feel more at peace around you guys, but for the last year and a half I've been suffering big time

just trying to make sense of it all

it's literally the worst feeling in the world

Loyal
You need to pray that God free you from evil spirits. I dont think you are being controlled by them, but I believe one or more is assigned to you to bring about this situation. They dont want you to have the peace of God and you must ask God to set you free of them if you cannot free yourself. You cant intellectualize this problem, satan just laughs at intellectuals. You either need faith and words written in scripture to cast them away a thousand times if need be, or to admit you are too weak and plead with the Lord for help with the problem. You can also become a disciple of someone close by who is able to dispel evil spirits and learn from them.

Active
Hi twcstp111

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

None but the born again believer can fully understand the work of salvation that Jesus the Christ did for us on the Cross. Come to Jesus. Be filled with his Holy Spirit and he will begin to give you understanding. As Brad said you may be under attack from the enemy and much prayer is needed. But Jesus is the redeemer and all things are possible with God. Take heart and be blessed.

Active
Faith is believin' what ain't so.
(Mark Twain)

My favorite atheist Christopher Hitchens passed not long ago. I have his book "god
is not Great". I love that book because Mr. Hitchens led me to do some critical
thinking about many of the things that I take for granted in my religion.
_

Loyal
Christianity doesn't make sense to me, or religion, for the matter;

I believe in God, but I can't explain it!

YOU people make sense to me, the world makes sense to me, right/wrong make sense to me, math and language make sense to me,

but when I am trying to explain God and the like, it's like I'm just losing my mind.

Greetings @twcstp111

I see you are 29 my friend, I was once 29, and at that age I was not born again and like you didn't understand the scriptures/

I would like to share with you two sections from scripture, hopefully they will make sense to you as to why you do not understand the scriptures yet we do, remaining humble, we are all still learning.

When reading scripture take your time, read slowly, read several times, it is not a book, it is God's Word for all generations.

But before you do pray to God and ask Him to reveal the Truth in His Word to you, by the Power of the Holy Spirit. and conclude your prayers in Jesus Name Amen.

The first scripture I share is that our dear sister in Christ, PearlB, shared with you above.

1 Corinthians 1:18
For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Jesus in the next passage of scripture is talking to Nicodemus, but in doing so he is talking to all people. Who was Nicodemus, he was a member of the Jewish Ruling Council, but more importantly, he was as you will read, a teacher to all Israel. He was a clever man, a well respected man, a man of influence, but must important, being a teacher to all Israel, he should have know what Jesus was saying. Read on my friend.

John 3:1-21

1 Now there was a Pharisee, a man named Nicodemus who was a member of the Jewish ruling council.
2 He came to Jesus at night and said, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the signs you are doing if God were not with him.”

3 Jesus replied, “Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God unless they are born again.”

4 “How can someone be born when they are old?” Nicodemus asked. “Surely they cannot enter a second time into their mother’s womb to be born!”

5 Jesus answered, “Very truly I tell you, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit.
6 Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

7 You should not be surprised at my saying, ‘You must be born again.’

8 The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit.”[d]

9 “How can this be?” Nicodemus asked.

10 “You are Israel’s teacher,” said Jesus, “and do you not understand these things?

11 Very truly I tell you, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony.

12 I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things?

13 No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven—the Son of Man.
14 Just as Moses lifted up the snake in the wilderness, so the Son of Man must be lifted up,
15 that everyone who believes may have eternal life in him.”

16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.
20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed.
21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Nicodemus, as clever as he was, was looking at what Jesus said, in worldly terms, he was not understanding the Spiritual terms Jesus was talking of.

Jesus tells us very clearly
v3 Very truly I tell you, no one can SEE the kingdom of God unless they are born again.
v5 Very truly I tell you, no one can ENTER the kingdom of God unless they are born of water and the Spirit
v7 You must be born again

Three times Jesus repeated - You must be born again and stated if you are not, you can not see, you can not enter, the Kingdom of God

In other words you won't understand it, we have all been there my friend.

We can believe in God and not understand scripture, even the devil believes there is a living God.

The question is how you believe. I firstly believed in my head there was a God, that is not enough, you must be, as Jesus clearly said born again, born again from above.

Jesus is in a lot of peoples heads, he is only in the hearts of those who are born again. Why? Because we have repented of all our sins, asked Jesus into our heart, submitted our lives back to our creator, our Lord and our God. We take up our cross daily and follow him, not through habit, but because when he is in us and we are in him, he is our everything, once born again, it all starts and makes sense and continues to make sense, day after day. after day. The TRUTH is in The Word.

Proverbs 3:5-7
5 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

Bless you