• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Israel and the church the same thing in the NT?

Loyal
To my understanding the church is grafted into Israel and we are the same thing once we all become children of God. The only separation I see is the OT saints and the NT saints.

what say you??

Loyal
One in Christ
Ephesians 2
11. Therefore remember that formerly you who are Gentiles in the flesh and called uncircumcised by the so-called circumcision (that done in the body by human hands)—
12. remember that at that time you were separate from Christ, alienated from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of the promise, without hope and without God in the world.
13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far away have been brought near through the blood of Christ.
14. For He Himself is our peace, who has made the two one and has torn down the dividing wall of hostility
15. by abolishing in His flesh the law of commandments and decrees. He did this to create in Himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace
16. and reconciling both of them to God in one body through the cross, by which He extinguished their hostility.
17. He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near.
18. For through Him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

Christ Our Cornerstone

19.Therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of God’s household,
20. built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, with Christ Jesus Himself as the cornerstone.
21. In Him the whole building is fitted together and grows into a holy temple in the Lord.
22. And in Him you too are being built together into a dwelling place for God in His Spirit.

Ephesians 3

6. This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are fellow heirs, fellow members of the body, and fellow partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus.

I read this and am convinced that we and Israel are one body. no separation everything that was promised to Israel is for all believers.

One king over one body,

One shepherd over one flock

Yes we are one with at a doubt in my mind

To my understanding the church is grafted into Israel and we are the same thing once we all become children of God.
Grafted into SPIRITUAL ISRAEL - not physical Israel.

There were those in Israel who were persons of FAITH in the Old testament who, when they died, waited in the place of the dead for their promised cleansing until Jesus was crucified as their perfect SIN OFFERING.

And there were living Israelites, who (after the Crucifixion) were born Again by FAITH and were the CHURCH of Jesus Christ. What was "Grafted in" wasn't the CHURCH, but the Gentile peoples who also became Born Again by FAITH. Everybody of FAITH is the "Church".

And Many "Physical Israelites" continued to be nothing but unregenerate pagans, just like the Gentiles.

Active
Heb 8:1 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;
Heb 8:2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.
Heb 8:3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.
Heb 8:4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:
Heb 8:5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.

Active
To my understanding the church is grafted into Israel and we are the same thing once we all become children of God. The only separation I see is the OT saints and the NT saints.

what say you??
Hello @Dave M,

I think you need to go back and read your Bible again, for the church is no longer grafted into Israel, for Israel as a nation is still in unbelief. No, we are now joined together as Jew and Gentile believers in One Body with Christ as our Head.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris