• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Is the words of God a weapon?

the word is weaponized, for it is the word of the living God

In Hebrews 4:12-13 (NKJV) For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Ten words or less

Active
The word has strength. There are worldly people including so called christians, who are still (even in these times) watching the world and trying to heal its wounds so to speak. Dont bother, this is a temporary planet, always was. Read the bible for your guidance and to see the future, not a dieing sinful world.

Loyal
Eph 6:17; And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

Rev 19:15; From His mouth comes a sharp sword, so that with it He may strike down the nations, and He will rule them with a rod of iron; and He treads the wine press of the fierce wrath of God, the Almighty.

There is of course some debate as to how symbolic/metaphoric this verse is. Is it a literal sword? Perhaps not, but perhaps it it words that comes out of His mouth (the Word of God) that is the sword.

Matt 10:34; "Do not think that I came to bring peace on the earth; I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.

Active
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Rev 1:16 And he had in his right hand seven stars: and out of his mouth went a sharp two edged sword: and his countenance was as the sun shineth in his strength.

Active
the word is weaponized, for it is the word of the living God

In Hebrews 4:12-13 (NKJV) For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
And there is no creature hidden from His sight, but all things are naked and open to the eyes of Him to whom we must give account.

Ten words or less
Q) Is the Word of God a weapon?

' (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,
but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds )
Casting down imaginations,
and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;'
(2Co 10:4)

'For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities,
against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.'
(Eph 6:12)

'And take the helmet of salvation,
and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God:'
(Eph 6:17)

:love:

Q) Is the Word of God a weapon?

' (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal,
but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds )
Casting down imaginations,
and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God,
and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;'
(2Co 10:4)

'For we wrestle not against flesh and blood,
but against principalities,
against powers,
against the rulers of the darkness of this world,
against spiritual wickedness in high places.'
(Eph 6:12)

'And take the helmet of salvation,
and the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God:'
(Eph 6:17)

:love:

Ephesians 6:14-15 (KJV) Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

Ephesians 6: 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace

1 Timothy 1:18 This charge I commit unto thee, son Timothy, according to the prophecies which went before on thee, that thou by them mightiest war a good warfare

1 John 4:6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this, we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Psalm 25:5 Lead me in Your truth and teach me, For You are the God of my salvation; On You, I wait all the day.