• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Is It Really True?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
I hear so many Christians saying that there were no Jews until after Abraham.....Is this true? What was Adam? Was he a Jew? Or what? :shades:

Active
Jews are descendents of Abraham. They are the people of the Tribe of Judah. I've done a very quick Bible search and the earliest uses of 'Jew' seem to be from late in the Babylonian exile - the books of Nehemiah, Ezra and Esther.

Loyal
Abraham is the father of "many nations".
Gen 17:4; "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, And you will be the father of a multitude of nations.
Gen 17:5; "No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.

This is not only Israel, but also the Arabs/Palestinians.
Jacob is the father of the Jews. Ishmael is the father of the Arabs.

Act 7:8; "And He gave him the covenant of circumcision; and so Abraham became the father of Isaac, and circumcised him on the eighth day; and Isaac became the father of Jacob, and Jacob of the twelve patriarchs.

Gen 35:22; It came about while Israel was dwelling in that land, that Reuben went and lay with Bilhah his father's concubine, and Israel heard of it. Now there were twelve sons of Jacob
Gen 35:23; the sons of Leah: Reuben, Jacob's firstborn, then Simeon and Levi and Judah and Issachar and Zebulun;
Gen 35:24; the sons of Rachel: Joseph and Benjamin;
Gen 35:25; and the sons of Bilhah, Rachel's maid: Dan and Naphtali;
Gen 35:26; and the sons of Zilpah, Leah's maid: Gad and Asher. These are the sons of Jacob who were born to him in Paddan-aram.

Loyal
So then....What language did Adam speak? What is Abraham's blood line?
You will have to talk with God about the specifics but it says "the dust of the earth". That could mean a lot of things, all of our molecules' are much like dust, I could speculate, but that would be all it is.

Loyal
You will have to talk with God about the specifics but it says "the dust of the earth". That could mean a lot of things, all of our molecules' are much like dust, I could speculate, but that would be all it is.
All right.....Adam understood God and they spoke the same language....What is God's heavenly language then?

Loyal
All right.....Adam understood God and they spoke the same language....What is God's heavenly language then?
Well, there may be two languages. There is the tongue of angels that is one of the gifts of the Holy Spirit and there is the language that requires no vocal cords, the mind speak/spirit speak that we are capable of but so few utilize.

Active
Genesis 2:19 is a hint that God gave the task of developing language to man:

"So out of the ground the Lord God formed every animal of the field and every bird of the air, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name."

Loyal
Whether or not we hear the voice of God speaking does not depend on the health and physical accuracy of our physical ears. Rather we must have the "ears to hear" of which Jesus spoke more than once [e.g. Matt 11:15]. Thousands of people heard Jesus with their physical ears, but probably most of those did not have the "ears to hear" of which he spoke.

Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

For this people's heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.

But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear."

Matt 13:13-16

Whether or not we [you and I on this forum] are included in verse 16 is another question, isn't it?

Give God the glory!

Loyal
mate, you are so good for all of us, like a dog that neva let's go the bone
LOL It's you that's good for me! Like a bone that don't get ate.... I like to ask questions that make people think...It's fun. Like rolling rocks around....

Adam was not a Jew but he was the chosen people none the less..God made covenant with him...They spoke the same language...Hebrew is the language of God....Its an incredible language...There is none other like it in the world. But I'll let you folks dig into that one.