• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Is having a clairevoyant reading against christianity?

Please can someone tell me if having a positive clairevoyant reading is against Christianity?

Also I have a confession, I stole somethings when i was a teenager due to pressure from friends, I regret it every day, I have asked Jesus for forgiveness all my life since it happened. Will Jesus forgive me?

Thank you

Yes

Hi sunshine,yes it is not good for you to have readings of any kind!Its the occult and they get thieir info from Demons!So,you need to renounce it and ask for forgiveness,and he will forgive you,you really didnt know right from wrong in that situation.I used to be in the occult,lots of new age stuff,etc.etc.and the Lord delivered me out of it all!And your stealing,its in the past,no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus!I also stole when I was "young".He forgives you,my dear!Hold your head high and know you are washed in the blood,forgiven and loved!And a child of the King!GBU!Love,Sister.

Yes, same as Harry Potter, aliens and ghosts are demons.

I learned the hard way, in fact after my March 2003 attack, see story on my blog, I had to, thinking time was short, Jesus returning soon, look into many things.

I burned out in the end, because I tried fitting in what I should have learned in the previous 8 years as a so called Christian in only a few months.

I could debate and prove all day why it is dangerous and I know a think is true, when it sits uneasy with my flesh, anything my flesh, like lust, thinks is cool and lets do it more, has to be bad.

I call this though gateways.
Read your horrorscope, it's the same, as J John, or was it Nicky Gumbell, anyway, that they call them that because there horrible, lol.

But seriously, like mediums, while some are a con, I bet I could take you to someone and they know your mothers middle name, wow, you told them Lee, I promise on the Bible I didn't.

This assumes I already know you, which I don't, hence mothers middle name.
So how is it done.
Remember Samual, familar spirit, some argue it was him.

Demons often invade our space or hang around us, so no worries for a demon to appear as good old uncle Jack.

WHY?
Because then the demon can say as uncle Jack:

'Tell Carly I'm having a wonderful time in heaven and not to worry and that I'll see her one day.'

This makes Carly go away and think, cool, and never accept Jesus.
Same with aliens, get into it, feed it, get books on it and watch the things start to happen, making you believe and argue for it and dig deeper still.

Demons are fallen angels, not daft, they are clever.
I simply love revealing truth, so take none of this to heart, not an attack on you, satan says, don't do God, you'll be a robot, Bible is a rule and law book, restricts your freedoms, ever here that off people not saved, there you go.

No I say, Bible is a manual for life, try for the first time putting a computer together, printer, eventually you give up and look at the manual, right.

God cares and loves us so much, He warns us about doing things to protect us, WOW, AWWWWWWWW, thanks God, bless you, love letter to us all.

So why am I so weak in faith, lol, that's another story, I can still talk the talk, preach, teach, but walking it the last 3 years or so, gotten harder.

((((big hug for you))).

Thank you so much for your replys.

I didnt even think about it when i had the reading done. I didnt even realise it would be wrong. I thought it was some kind of spirital blessing. :shock:
I was in a dark place when i had it done....I very very depressed as the love of my life cheated on me and left me. I prayed and prayed to Jesus to ask him to let me meet someone else who will make me happy and love everything about me but still 3 years later i havent met anyone. I guess i was desperate for some kind of comfort. The lady told me what i needed to hear and its just wanst the same hearing it from my friends and family. she was so lovely and so kind and i felt so much better afterwards. She was almost like a councilor really. It has allowed to move on with my life though but now i know that this is not good i wont do it again. I always pray every day for Jesus to bring love into my life i hope one day my prays will be answered. Im 25yrs old now and starting to worry about the fact i have not met a man. I really want to have children by the time im 30. :embarasse

Thanks Sunshine

Hi

Sunshine,just read your new reply,first of all,you do have plenty of time for hubby and kids.Dont try to rush Gods perfect plan!He already has the perfect one for you,let the Lord bring him to you,dont look,youll get in trouble!And you really need to fall totally in love with Jesus,surrending all to him,wanting nothing then and then only will he bring you someone!You need healing it semms from your last relationship and only the Lord can and will heal you,my friend,spend lots of time with him,giving all the hurts to him,he knows you better than anyone else!And he knows your heart,and your inner hurts!Believe me,Ive been thru it!He stays close to the broken hearted!Hes your healer,your deliverer,your counslor,your Best Friend!Let him Love you and all he asks is you love Him back with all your heart!And hes not such a punishing God,hes loving and even has a sense of Humor!Jesus and I have a lot of fun together!He makes me laugh!Hes real and personable,thats why its called a relationship,not religion!He wants only the best for us,in turn we give him our best back!So,again he already has that special someone for you,just let Him do it!Dont look and when you least expect it,it will happen!Well,hope this helped!Love,Sister!

God will forgive you, He is faithful. The occult is not for a Christian,we are children of light.

Try a better prayer...

1) Don't go to any more "clairvoyants." You don't *need* any intermediary between you and Jesus.

2) Three years is a *really* short time to wait for the person with whom you plan to spend the rest of your life. Having said that, if three years have gone by and yet you don't seem to be meeting anyone at all, then perhaps the next prayer on your lips should be "Oh Lord refine me and make me into the woman I need to be to attract the kind of husband You want me to have." If God is putting the breaks on your plans right now, it is only because there is something better on the way at a different time.

Jesus taught us that God is our Abba. The word was so important that even in the KJV the Lord made sure it was not translated into English, put preserved in its purest form.

That Aramaic word is the affectionate diminutive for Father - it is quite literally "daddy" -- a word used by small children to address their fathers. Yet, while that sounds way too informal for most people, still it shows how we are to approach the Lord: as if we are his trusting little children and He is our loving father who wants what is best for us.

You are one of His precious daughters, his dear baby girl.

Trust Him to do RIGHT by you. When you are ready for a committed Christian marriage, you will not have any trouble finding your groom to be.

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, clairvoyance is another word for divination, which is not of God. As another member told you, some of these clairvoyants are nothing but con artists telling people what they want to hear. However, there are clairvoyants who are in contact with demons.

As to the theft situation, there are two factors involved: forgiveness from God AND restitution to the victim of the theft. If you haven't at least made a strong effort at restitution, to right the wrong, those guilt feelings may be God leaning on you to complete the healing for the victim.

Spirit Led Ed (SLE)

Hi Sunshine-I had visited psychics in the past but repented. Christians have something called prophecy that alot of churches do-several people will pray beforehand and give you a word of knowledge from the Lord. Some ministries will record it and e-mail it or you can record it on your smartphone, etc while getting it. This is totally biblical and the Lord can tell you what he wants you to know. Blessings.

Please can someone tell me if having a positive clairevoyant reading is against Christianity?

Also I have a confession, I stole somethings when i was a teenager due to pressure from friends, I regret it every day, I have asked Jesus for forgiveness all my life since it happened. Will Jesus forgive me?

Thank you

Let's just put it this way. Yes.

Clairvoyancy does not come from God, and those who practice it have no relationship with the one True God and our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Before I was a Christian, I was heavy into the occult. The only problem was, you couldn't trust anyone, because there were good and bad spirits. Turns out, after finding Jesus, all of them were liars.

Any spirit that doesn't speak with authority given by Jesus, or any spirit that doesn't testify about Jesus, is evil. Period!

As for your stealing dilema, you really need to understand the cross. Jesus died for every sin you have ever committed, and ever will commit. He has set you free!

If it makes you feel any better, I use to steal stuff all the time before I knew Christ. But now, with his Holy Spirit in me, and his blood that was shed for me, there is no condemnation.

Sunshine, Jesus has forgiven you, the question is, do you believe him?

Last edited:
I recently heard a Bible study of 1 Samuel chapter 28 by a guy in Hawaii on King Saul consulting a medium.

I have asked Chad for permission to post the link because it was the clearest explanation I have ever heard. I would try to summarize it but the guy explains it so well.

If you are impatient as I am, you can go to youtube and search JD Farag 1 Samuel 28

You will know you have the right one if it says..

" Published on Sep 19, 2014

Expositional teaching through the Bible at Calvary Chapel in Kaneohe Hawaii with pastor JD Farag"

Hopefully @Chad will post the link for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loyal
Lev 19:31; 'Do not turn to mediums or spiritists; do not seek them out to be defiled by them. I am the LORD your God.
Lev 20:6; 'As for the person who turns to mediums and to spiritists, to play the harlot after them, I will also set My face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.
2 Kings 21:6; He made his son pass through the fire, practiced witchcraft and used divination, and dealt with mediums and spiritists. He did much evil in the sight of the LORD provoking Him to anger.
Isa 8:19; When they say to you, "Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter," should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living?
Isa 19:3; "Then the spirit of the Egyptians will be demoralized within them; And I will confound their strategy, So that they will resort to idols and ghosts of the dead And to mediums and spiritists.

I recently heard a Bible study of 1 Samuel chapter 28 by a guy in Hawaii on King Saul consulting a medium.

I have asked Chad for permission to post the link because it was the clearest explanation I have ever heard. I would try to summarize it but the guy explains it so well.

If you are impatient as I am, you can go to youtube and search JD Farag 1 Samuel 28

You will know you have the right one if it says..

" Published on Sep 19, 2014

Expositional teaching through the Bible at Calvary Chapel in Kaneohe Hawaii with pastor JD Farag"

Hopefully @Chad will post the link for us.

Link posted with permission

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlA2UQHt0U0

: )

JD Farag really does an excellent job of going through the verses and explaining them.

King Saul messed up big time. We should learn from his mistakes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you
Yes God can forgive you, why wouldn't he. He's as soft as water but even water has great force.