• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Is God punishing me?

I divorced my ex-husband 18 years ago to marry my current husband who was my high school sweetheart. I know that divorce is a sin and have asked for forgiveness for it. My ex-husband remarried a woman with 2 grown daughters who had children so he became an instant grandparent. My 25 year old son who struggled with substance abuse died 9 years ago. I had prayed for him ever night. Yet he still died. This also shattered my dreams of being a grandma. My current husband has a daughter (my step-daughter) who just recently became pregnant with twins and I was so happy with the thought of being grandma after all. She just recently went into premature labor and lost both babies. We had been praying for 2 healthy happy babies to be born ever since she first found out. But yet they died. Is God punishing me? I have lost my son and grandsons. I also feel that God is not listening to my prayers and am having trouble feeling the power of prayer or praying. Pkeas give me opinions on this matter.

Loyal
@Tink25

Fasting is good suggestion, but don't quit serving God. Don't presume that God has thrown you aside. Your circumstances would be very difficult for anyone, but our God is able in the best or in the worst of times to bring it all to the good. This doesn't mean that all of those events are just going to go away. Consider Job: For no direct reason that everyone agrees on Job lost children, goods and health. He went the difficulties and in the end God renewed his good and gave him more children.

Not many people mention that Job still was missing the first 10 children born to him. New children are blessings, but they do not replace any that have been lost. As a mother you know that even another child would not take away the pain of your loss. What God will do is ease the pain until it becomes bearable.

Remember also Joseph who was sold into slavery by his own brothers. Yes, God brought him to power in Egypt, but in his memory remains the fact that he spent 17 years as a slave. Consider his final words to his brothers who had sold him:

"And Joseph said unto them, Fear not: for am I in the place of God?
But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive." Gen 50:19-20

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose." Rom 8:28

Remember also that a difficult as things may be at times in this life in this flesh, this need not be the end for us. God has made a Way for us to be with Him always. Keep your eyes on that goal!

Give God the glory!

Active
I divorced my ex-husband 18 years ago to marry my current husband who was my high school sweetheart. I know that divorce is a sin and have asked for forgiveness for it. My ex-husband remarried a woman with 2 grown daughters who had children so he became an instant grandparent. My 25 year old son who struggled with substance abuse died 9 years ago. I had prayed for him ever night. Yet he still died. This also shattered my dreams of being a grandma. My current husband has a daughter (my step-daughter) who just recently became pregnant with twins and I was so happy with the thought of being grandma after all. She just recently went into premature labor and lost both babies. We had been praying for 2 healthy happy babies to be born ever since she first found out. But yet they died. Is God punishing me? I have lost my son and grandsons. I also feel that God is not listening to my prayers and am having trouble feeling the power of prayer or praying. Pkeas give me opinions on this matter.
Some years ago, an elderly couple i knew invited me to go to the funeral of thier great grand daughter.

After arriving at the funeral home i sat down next to a man. We talked awhile.

Some weeks later he contacted me,.the elderly couple were his parents.

He told me that he had prayed and fasted for 3 yrs for his niece to live. That he didnt understand why she died.

She died because God wanted her home. But the prayers Tom said were never waisted, just redirected.

The same is with you, you are not being punished. What happened between you and your first husband happened before you became a believer. Before you became a Christian in your heart. Just because someone goes to church, doesnt mean they have Christ in thier heart.

"My daughter, your sins are forgiven." (These are the words i hear in my heart, give God the Glory)

Sincerely, bill

Some years ago, an elderly couple i knew invited me to go to the funeral of thier great grand daughter.

After arriving at the funeral home i sat down next to a man. We talked awhile.

Some weeks later he contacted me,.the elderly couple were his parents.

He told me that he had prayed and fasted for 3 yrs for his niece to live. That he didnt understand why she died.

She died because God wanted her home. But the prayers Tom said were never waisted, just redirected.

The same is with you, you are not being punished. What happened between you and your first husband happened before you became a believer. Before you became a Christian in your heart. Just because someone goes to church, doesnt mean they have Christ in thier heart.

"My daughter, your sins are forgiven." (These are the words i hear in my heart, give God the Glory)

Sincerely, bill
Thank you so much for your reassuring words. I will stand strong.