• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Is God for or against Makeup

I believe that the Bible preaches against the use of makeup by women of God. I am open to being proven wrong. I go to church a lot and I see lots of women who wear makeup and lots of jewelry and some wear so much makeup they seem rather grotesque. I refuse to use makeup and secular women and Christian women try to pressure me to use makeup. I will never wear makeup because I am not ashamed of the face God gave me. What are your thoughts?

My wife never caked the makeup on and at 78 she uses it even lighter. That said I came to my LORD under the teaching of a Pastor out of Mississippi, Richard Clarke. Richard answered the question with, and I quote, "I've never seen an old barn that couldn't use a new coat of paint."

I am 42 and most people claim that I look to be in my late 20s. Maybe if and when the day comes in which I end up looking like a prune I might reconsider my stance on being anti makeup.

Loyal
I am 42 and most people claim that I look to be in my late 20s. Maybe if and when the day comes in which I end up looking like a prune I might reconsider my stance on being anti makeup.
Well is make up, a deception? Is it covering up and hiding what is real?

How is makeup made and harvest.

What is the greatest skill practice by “The Adversary”?

And does “The Adversary “APPEARS” as “A Angel of LIGHT”
Now most likely you are a Attractive Woman and very smart to ask that Question.

Meaning you want “The Truth”! You want what is Real. :pensive: “The True Beauty” That Glows from The Inside and Radiates to The Surface.

So you know the answer.

Who told you “That Prunes are not good for you, there are many who like “Prunes”

Shalom:expressionless:

Active
I believe that the Bible preaches against the use of makeup by women of God. I am open to being proven wrong. I go to church a lot and I see lots of women who wear makeup and lots of jewelry and some wear so much makeup they seem rather grotesque. I refuse to use makeup and secular women and Christian women try to pressure me to use makeup. I will never wear makeup because I am not ashamed of the face God gave me. What are your thoughts?
Scripture proves you are correct to do this as setting an example rather than how the world wants us to appear in showing the pride of life.

1 Timothy 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;
10 But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

1 Peter 3:1Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;
2 While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.
3 Whose adorning let it not be that outward adorning of plaiting the hair, and of wearing of gold, or of putting on of apparel;
4 But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.
5 For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands:
6 Even as Sara obeyed Abraham, calling him lord: whose daughters ye are, as long as ye do well, and are not afraid with any amazement.

Below is how the world would have us appear.

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Saved believers are usually on guard against lust, but not about the pride of life in how we may unwittingly judge someone by their outward appearance.

James 2:1 My brethren, have not the faith of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory, with respect of persons.
2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts?
5 Hearken, my beloved brethren, Hath not God chosen the poor of this world rich in faith, and heirs of the kingdom which he hath promised to them that love him?
6 But ye have despised the poor. Do not rich men oppress you, and draw you before the judgment seats?
7 Do not they blaspheme that worthy name by the which ye are called?
8 If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:
9 But if ye have respect to persons, ye commit sin, and are convinced of the law as transgressors.
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

2 Corinthians 10:7 Do ye look on things after the outward appearance? if any man trust to himself that he is Christ's, let him of himself think this again, that, as he is Christ's, even so are we Christ's.

Sometimes I think angels disguise themselves to see how saved believers will treat the poor.

Hebrews 13:1 Let brotherly love continue.
2 Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.
3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.

I included verse 3 because it seems we should consider those suffering in adversity and in to empathize with the brethren in jail to remember to pray for them. I certainly have not been doing that.

Thank you for sharing. May the Lord lead us in the way we ought to go & to think of others, even if it is to entertain angels.