• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Is anyone here a psychologist?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
I went to school for psychology but then decided that since I didn't care about getting a degree in the field that I would not pay a university and instead study on my own. But I have a question and I can't seem to find the answer. I was hoping maybe someone with more experience could help.

So is anyone a psychologist here?

Active
I'm not a psychologist, but I'm quite good at digging up answers. What's the question?

Active
I know enough to say that it's not wise to try to get a diagnosis over the internet. If it's for you or for someone else, seek out a psychiatrist who can has the time to meet face to face and give an expert opinion.

Active
I know enough to say that it's not wise to try to get a diagnosis over the internet. If it's for you or for someone else, seek out a psychiatrist who can has the time to meet face to face and give an expert opinion.
Oh no I'm just trying to get some more clarity on the differences between personality disorders and mood disorders.

mood disorders have symptoms that affect without rhyme or reason. often, you’ll feel happy... or sad... and truly not know why. you just feel it. Especially when you’re sad, it feels like you’ve never been happy before. And you’ll never be happy. I’ve been diagnosed with Bipolar 2. ... a personality disorder... your feelings and reactions can be linked to an act... someone being mean, manipulative. I am using the bare minimum of explaining it. Often both are confused with the other. Diagnosing is lately the persons ability to explain their symptoms.

I am not a doctor. I am a patient.