• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Is a living sacrifice alive or dead?

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,which is your reasonable service. (Romans 12:1)

Most sacrifices in the Bible seem to be dead animals on the altar or a dead person bodily. How can someone be a living sacrifice?

Also, is this the same as a spiritual sacrifice?: "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 2:5)

Loyal
If a person does everything that he does to please God and nothing to please the lust of his own eyes and flesh and pride of his own life, is that not the supreme sacrifice? That is not what Jesus did? He sacrificed his entire carnal life [and this is before he went to Calvary] to do his father's will rather than to satisfy his own carnal desires. Impossible?

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Heb 4:15

"But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible." Matt 19:26

And then God fills in some of the blanks for us:

"To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:
Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus:" Col 1:27-28

Loyal
I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God,which is your reasonable service. (Romans 12:1)

Most sacrifices in the Bible seem to be dead animals on the altar or a dead person bodily. How can someone be a living sacrifice?

Also, is this the same as a spiritual sacrifice?: "Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 2:5)
When a person becomes a new "creation" in Christ his body and soul are not,changed which is why we are to "receive with meekness the en grafted Word which is able to save our souls" This is renewing our carnal mind with the Word of God. The we are told to "present our bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God...." We are not our body, as the new man is the inward man which is a spiritual being. Our body is just the house we live in on this planet earth. The inward man is the person who is to offer his body to God, and this person has eternal life forever. Even though the body is dead because of sin, yet it lives because Jesus Christ lives within us as the life giver.

Spiritual sacrifices: These are done through mans spirit, by the Holy Spirit.

Psa_4:5.. Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.

Psa_27:6.. And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.

Psa_51:17.. The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

Heb 2:11.. For he who sanctifies and those who are sanctified all have one source. That is why he is not ashamed to call them brothers,
Heb 2:12.. saying, "I will tell of your name to my brothers; in the midst of the congregation I will sing your praise."

I would offer God does not accept dead sacrifices, diseased or weak. But rather a living suffering sacrifice in jeopardy of one own spirit life .

When animals were used to signify the work of the Father and Son(salvation). When they died their blood must be poured out as the base of altar to show unseen spirit life was given .The lifeless blood returns to the spiritless dust it was formed from and the spirit return to God who gave it.

When Jesus was pouring out His life unto death.(not dead ) He proclaimed to the Father Not as I will but as you will (again not dead never to rise) sweat is used in one demonstration of the work of the Spirt .Swest as if it was blood in that parable to show the work of suffering, The soldiers piercing his side to show the blood or water, both used to represent life is returning to the dust poured out at the base of the cross

.Jesus having declared “it is finished” gave up the spirit to the Father . On the third day the spirit was strengthen by the father who did not let the Son of man see the end of corruption “dead never to rise to new sprit life”. Believers are given a new spirit that will never die being yoked with Christ our burden sufferings of hell here is made lighter