• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

Instrument of Righteousness?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

Loyal Member
Instrument of Righteousness?

Man has been given a “free will choice” to whom he will serve. We can say and do anything we want, but many times the things we say and do does not always work out for our own good. True liberty and freedom only happens when we lose our power of choice. Jesus said.......

Mat 10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and HE THAT LOSETH HIS LIFE FOR MY SAKE SHALL FIND IT.

Not only have we been given the free will choice to do, and say whatever we want, we are also given the free will choice to give up that freedom! Jesus gave up his choice to NOT do his own will, to do his fathers will! (Luke 22:42)

Man is not real smart as he does not know what is going to happen tomorrow or even 10 minutes from now. The Lord God knows all these things before they happen, so it is very very smart to let him guide, and do with us what his will is in every word we say, and in everything we do! That is true liberty, and freedom. Man is like an instrument in the hands of a Holy God to be used for his Glory. An instrument does not tell the person using it what to say, or do, it is simply being used by its user.

The Bible tells us how to become an instrument of righteousness to be used by God.

2Ti 2:19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, LET EVERY ONE THAT NAMETH THE NAME OF CHRIST DEPART FROM INIQUITY.
2Ti 2:20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.
2Ti 2:21 IF A MAN THEREFORE PURGE HIMSELF FROM THESE, HE SHALL BE A VESSEL UNTO HONOUR, SANCTIFIED, AND MEET FOR THE MASTER'S USE, AND PREPARED UNTO EVERY GOOD WORK.

“If a man will purge himself from these......” What is man supposed to “purge” himself from? “Iniquity”!!
“......let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from INIQUITY.” (2 Tim 2:19)

Iniquity means, “lawlessness, evil, wickedness, unjust, Injustice”

It is pretty easy to identify most of these things, but what is hard to identify are the things that look holy, pure, and just but are not! Jesus reveals what some of these things are that seem to be holy.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, HAVE WE NOT PROPHESIED IN THY NAME? AND IN THY NAME HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS? AND IN THY NAME DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?
Mat 7:23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.

How could these things be called “iniquity”? A lot of Church's today have these exact things happening all the time! What makes them iniquity?
Jesus said.......

Mar 16:17 And THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

Signs do not follow people, they follow “faith” wherever it is! If we remove the “believing” part in this verse, then there are no signs. We can choose to make signs if we want to, but only the appearance of doing them. This is called “iniquity”!!! Anytime we decide to do something without God's leading, or his anointing is iniquity.

Notice what these people said to Jesus, “........ HAVE WE NOT prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

The “WE” part is not supposed to do anything except to “believe”!!! Any time we say or do anything and credit our selves for doing them is wickedness. Man takes great pride in himself whenever he can to prove to others he has faith, and that he is not like others who seem to do nothing!

Even Jesus never credited himself for what his father did through him. Jesus said.......

Joh 5:30 I CAN OF MINE OWN SELF DO NOTHING: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.
Joh 5:31 If I bear witness of myself, my witness is not true.
Joh 5:32 There is another that beareth witness of me; and I know that the witness which he witnesseth of me is true.
Joh 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but THE FATHER THAT DWELLETH IN ME, HE DOETH THE WORKS.
Joh 14:11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

Jesus said “if you do not believe that I am in my father and that my father is in me, then at least believe my father is the one in me who is doing the works you are seeing!

Joh 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

What did Jesus say was the requirement for us to be able to do the same works his father was doing through Jesus? “ He that believeth on me” Faith is the only requirement!!!

Joh 14:13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, THAT WILL I DO, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
Joh 14:14 If ye shall ask anything in my name, I WILL DO IT.

Where does Jesus live? He is living inside us!!! Jesus said he would do whatever we ask in his name.
We have no “CLAIM TO FAME” in what God does through his body the Church!! The very moment we say we are doing the works we are self-deceived and are only doing iniquity!!! God can not, and will not use anyone who does not fully understand that it is only God who performs our works of faith as we place our faith in him which is our work as Jesus explains here...

Joh 6:27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
Joh 6:28 Then said they unto him, WHAT SHALL WE DO, THAT WE MIGHT WORK THE WORKS OF GOD?
Joh 6:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, THAT YE BELIEVE ON HIM WHOM HE HATH SENT.