• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Incest it's says in genisus incest is OK,

Loyal
Incest it's says in genisus incest is OK, why is if frowned upon now if it was OK in the bible What does Genesis 19:33 mean? | BibleRef.com

Just because the Bible says something happened, doesn't mean God is OK with it. The Bible doesn't pull any punches. David committed adultery and had the woman's husband killed. The Bible tells the story, but God wasn't OK with it.
The Jews left God and worshiped idols, but that doesn't mean God was OK with it. Lots daughters got him drunk and slept with him, but just because something happened in the Bible doesn't mean God is OK with it.

Loyal
This story is the beginning of two of Israel's great ancient enemies, the Moabites and Ammonites. Definitely not giving the nod to incest.

Both of Lot’s daughters became pregnant by their father. The older daughter had a son, and she named him Moab; he is the father of the Moabites of today. The younger daughter also had a son, and she named him Ben-Ammi; he is the father of the Ammonites of today.

Moab literally means "from father" iirc.

In many torah scrolls there is a punctuation mark of unknown meaning on the word "didnt know" what had happened. In other words the jews believed some part of lots's mind knew what was going on, so when they read it outloud they wink or nod lol..

The text seems to imply that his daughters thought the world had come to an end, as Lot was living far out of town.

Just because the Bible says something happened, doesn't mean God is OK with it. The Bible doesn't pull any punches. David committed adultery and had the woman's husband killed. The Bible tells the story, but God wasn't OK with it.
The Jews left God and worshiped idols, but that doesn't mean God was OK with it. Lots daughters got him drunk and slept with him, but just because something happened in the Bible doesn't mean God is OK with it.
God has a plan for mankind and nothing happens outside of His plan or without His stamp of approval, i.e. He did approve of all of the above. Isa 55:8. All that is seen, good and bad, come from God and are for His plan for mankind. He is the potter and we are the vessels, subject to glorification and/or destruction by Him. It wasn't just the Jews (Judah) who turned their backs on God and worshipped idols, it was all of Israel, the entirety of His chosen people. The Messiah's ancestry was comprised of people who had committed their lives to him despite sin and controversy, and His genealogy reminds followers of The Way that God uses even the basest and weakest of people to bring about his plan of salvation of mankind. Messiah only is free of sin. The rest of us are lowly, base, and full of sin. Thankfully, He is at work continually to bring mankind to repentance.

ISAIAH 46:9 Remember the former things, those of long ago; I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. 10 I make known the end from the beginning, from ancient times, what is still to come. I say: My purpose will stand, and I will do all that I please. (NIV)
ISAIAH 48:3 I foretold the former things long ago, my mouth announced them and I made them known; then suddenly I acted, and they came to pass. (NIV)
ISAIAH 42:9 Behold, the former things have come to pass, and new things I now declare; before they spring forth I tell you of them." (ESV)
PSALM 139:1 For the director of music. Of David. A psalm. O LORD, You have searched me and You know me. 2 You know when I sit and when I rise; You perceive my thoughts from afar. 3 You discern my going out and my lying down; You are familiar with all my ways. 4 Before a word is on my tongue You know it completely, O LORD. 5 You hem me in — behind and before; You have laid Your hand upon me. 6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain. (NIV)
LUKE 12:6 "Are not five sparrows sold for two small coins? Yet not one of them has escaped the notice of God. 7 Even the hairs of your head have all been counted. Do not be afraid. You are worth more than many sparrows." (NAB)
MATTHEW 24:30 "Then the sign of the Son of Man will appear in heaven, and then all the tribes of the earth will mourn, and they will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he will send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they will gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. . . . 36 But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but my Father only." (NKJV)

Loyal
God has a plan for mankind and nothing happens outside of His plan or without His stamp of approval, i.e. He did approve of all of the above. Isa 55:8. All that is seen, good and bad, come from God and are for His plan for mankind. He is the potter and we are the vessels, subject to glorification and/or destruction by Him. It wasn't just the Jews (Judah) who turned their backs on God and worshipped idols, it was all of Israel, the entirety of His chosen people. The Messiah's ancestry was comprised of people who had committed their lives to him despite sin and controversy, and His genealogy reminds followers of The Way that God uses even the basest and weakest of people to bring about his plan of salvation of mankind. Messiah only is free of sin. The rest of us are lowly, base, and full of sin. Thankfully, He is at work continually to bring mankind to repentance.
Isaiah 55:8 says
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It says nothing to condone incest.

Loyal
Back on those days people lived much longer than now. Hundreds of years. So as Adam's and Eves kids grew up -- they were attracted to their older siblings. They would mate have children. No incest involved. It's wrong today because families live in close quarters and much shorter life spans. And it's done out of love but lust. And very damaging to the children.

Lamentations 3:37 Who is he that saith, and it cometh to pass, when the Lord commandeth it not?
Isaiah 55:8 says
For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,”
declares the Lord.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

It says nothing to condone incest.

A person needs to understand the difference between the world back then and Now.
Malachi 3:6 and Hebrews 13:8 declare that God is the same always and never ever changes. Ecclesiastes 1:9 What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun. What a person needs to understand is that there is only ONE God and He is the creator of all, the master potter, and it is He who declares the end from the beginning, and it is His plan for His creation and we are only vessels.

Loyal
Do you believe that the world began with Adam and Eve and they had children together and life spans were many hundreds of years -- Adam lived for 930 some yrs. And back then they had lots of space and time to spread out . Over time the sons and daughters would come of age and followed natural instincts and had children of their own.

Yes, I do believe that mankind began with Adam and Eve. Consider also that the creator of Adam and Eve would have genetically planned for a tight gene pool

Loyal
And that God was the creator of Adam and Eve. And " genetically planned for a tight gene pool." Please explain what you mean by that.

So incest is OK back then and not now, it seams the only conclusion and the only reason for it, Adam and eve had children is incest, meaning explains

An incestuous relationship is one involving sexual intercourse between two members of the same family

Ist that what they did weather it's last year or in the time of Adam and eve it's incestuous relationship between two people, so why is it frowned upon today as it is what gave the earth its peoplev

Loyal
Back in the days of Adam and Eve--.the two of them had sex and produced probably hundreds of children over the many hundreds of yearsnthey lived back then. As their kids grew up and had desires for the opposite sex , they would mate with their brothers and sisters . And that was how the earth was populated back .
After the flood the life spans got shorter and shorter. And adults would marry and have children in close quarters. As opposed to living for hundreds of years. There was no need for sisters and brothers to mate to further the world population.

Active
~
Gen 4:16-17 . . Then Cain went out from the presence of The Lord, and settled in
the land of Nod, east of Eden. And Cain had relations with his wife and she
conceived, and gave birth to Enoch

Back in the latter part of the decade of the 1960's, when I was just beginning to
seriously read the Bible, that passage led me to believe Adam's wasn't the only
family on Earth but that God had created numerous "cells" like his in various
places. My premise was based upon other parts of the Bible that reveal God doesn't
condone incest. (e.g. Lev 18:6-15)

However; the Adams were very definitely the only people on Earth back then.

Gen 3:20 . . Adam named his wife Eve, because she would become the mother of
all the living.

Acts 17:26 . . From one man he made every nation of men, that they should
inhabit the whole earth.

So then, Cain obviously married a sibling. But I had no clue as to how it was okay
for him to do so rather than patently wrong. Well; in time I discovered that the
laws of God, in particular His codified laws, are not retroactive. (Deut 5:2-4, Rom
4:15, Rom 5:13 and Gal 3:17)

Now that was truly a Eureka moment which I have found useful on numerous
occasions; especially when curious folks ask me to explain how Jesus' human
sacrifice was legal seeing as he-- a Jew --was limited to the atonements specified in
the covenant that Moses' people entered into with God per Exodus, Leviticus,
Numbers and Deuteronomy, to wit:

Deut 4:2 …You shall not add anything to what I command you or take anything
away from it, but keep the commandments of The Lord your God that I enjoin upon
you.

Deut 5:29-30 …Be careful, then, to do as The Lord your God has commanded
you. Do not turn aside to the right or to the left: follow only the path that The Lord
your God has enjoined upon you.

Well, the secret is: Jesus was designated, and scheduled, to die for the sins of the
world prior to both the world and the covenant. (1Pet 1:20 & Rev 13:8)
_