• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

In The Little Things

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
"I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, [that] I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; Deuteronomy 30:19 NKJV

Rarely does a person wake up and say, “I think I will choose death today.” Equally as rare, though, is the person who wakes up and says, “I will choose life,”

Choosing life involves behaviors that are easy to describe but harder to do. Moses said that choosing life involved listening obediently to God (Deuteronomy 30:20). Simple to describe. Harder to do.

In Luke 10, two sisters had to decide what choosing life was going to look like. Martha was distracted by the busyness applauded in her culture, but Mary chose to sit and listen to Jesus. Accordingly, Mary chose life (10:38-42).

Like so many, Martha worked hard to do the great things valued by her culture, instead of the little things valued by her God. Mother Teresa, who ministered to lepers in India for decades, said, “We do no great things, only little things with great love.”

Similarly, the psalmist wrote about how a little family in Israel, not a great family, led the worshippers in procession” “Praise God, all you people of Israel; praise the Lord, the source of Israel’s life. Look, the little tribe of Benjamin leads the way” (Psalm 68:26-27 NLT).

Prayer: Lord, help me to choose life by honoring You in the little things.